Windows 10: My Laptop Runs too slow after Formatting

Discus and support My Laptop Runs too slow after Formatting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, i Have an issue. Before 2 Days i did format my laptop. Installed all the drivers and everything was fine till now. Now it is too slow. Before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mar21V, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Mar21V Win User

My Laptop Runs too slow after Formatting

Hello, i Have an issue.

Before 2 Days i did format my laptop. Installed all the drivers and everything was fine till now. Now it is too slow. Before formatting was cool but now i need to wait for 5 second to open any program is something like that.

Can u help me how can i fix this issue?

P.S : before formatting everything was okay. I Have an Core i7 8th generation laptop with GB RAM DDR4.

Thank You

:)

Mar21V, Sep 11, 2019
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Laptop is running very slow

Hi Thomas,

What all troubleshooting steps have you performed?

As an initial troubleshooting step, I would request you to execute the System Maintenance troubleshooter and check if there is any improvement in the speed of laptop.

To perform common maintenance tasks in Windows, such as cleaning up unused files and shortcuts, try using the System Maintenance troubleshooter to automatically find and fix problems. For example, the System Maintenance troubleshooter looks for unused files
    and shortcuts that you can clean up or remove so that your computer can run faster.

Please follow the steps to run System Maintenance troubleshooter
    on the computer:

• Type “Control Panel” on the search box.

• Click on Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows.

• Click on System Maintenance option.

• Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.
    Please revert if you face any issues with slow speed of laptop.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Sep 11, 2019
  4. takomako Win User

laptop is slow after format.

hey guys, i recently formated my laptop (asus k55dr {a8}) cause it was really slow.
    now it seems to go faster than before but still laggy at many places. got the latest drivers 14.4.
    the cpu is working at 4% so it is not a cpu overload or something. my guess was the hard drive.
    is there any way to check if my hard drive is faulty? i know cheap laptops meant to be slow but not making you want to smash on the wall. *Smile My Laptop Runs too slow after Formatting :)
    thnx in advance for all your responses and advises.

takomako, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

1. My Laptop Runs too slow after Formatting - Similar Threads - Laptop Runs too

2. too many background process running in my laptop in the task manager. So, my PC is running slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    too many background process running in my laptop in the task manager. So, my PC is running slow: this is screenshot of task manager [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-many-background-process-running-in-my-laptop/6ee3daf5-1cbf-48b5-a041-9a2e2fdf47a1
  3. my laptops are running very slow after the latest windows 1903 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    my laptops are running very slow after the latest windows 1903 update: My laptops have significantly slowed down after the latest windows update. I check internet speed and that's working fine. did other encounter the same problem? any solution?...
  4. laptop got too slow

laptop got too slow: my laptop got too slow when it books up or I type a password and even while writing this..pls help me what to do as the windows is genuine ..After installing a genuine version it got slow,Such a pathetic service even the hardware is of 4gb ram and 1 tb hard disk from which...
  5. computer is too slow after reboot

computer is too slow after reboot: My computer crashed and after reboot it started working very slowly. I have been able to play such games as NFS before the crash but currently I cannot play at all. My system is HP Pavilion 15-cs0093ca. Thank you....
  6. My laptop needs to be formatted to make it run faster

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop needs to be formatted to make it run faster: My laptop needs to be formatted to make it run faster. How do I reinstall Windows 10. My machine was updated from Windows 8. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10/aa6e2a0e-767e-4023-8030-1ba09330fff4
  7. system is running too slow after windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    system is running too slow after windows 10 updates: my system is running is too slow after window 10 updates, specially booting time taking 5 to 6 minutes. how can I resolve this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-is-running-too-slow-after-windows-10/d47c130c-2dee-4f8a-9296-f39cd868aeb8
  8. My Laptop is running too slow.

My Laptop is running too slow.: Can anyone suggest what to do. Getting this screen on booting. This happened after a Windows Update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-running-too-slow/a397ded9-2403-4ce3-8021-a04d57f01f69
  9. Laptop running slow after installing via ISO

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop running slow after installing via ISO: Hi everyone, after suffering some laptop problems (Disk space problem, do I extend partition? Solved - Windows 10 Forums) I reinstalled Windows 10 via the below link Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums Since then my laptop has been running...
  10. Laptop running really slow.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop running really slow.: Hi, Looking for help as my laptop takes about 5 secs to load every time I click something. Takes ever longer when I minimize an application and switch to another(that is already open). I just wanted to make sure if my laptop performance is just normal for the specs it has,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what can i do if hp laptop is too slow after formati ng