Windows 10: My laptop Says it charging, but no light, nor is it going up.

Discus and support My laptop Says it charging, but no light, nor is it going up. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a laptop, but when it is charging, the battery does not charge, should i fix something on windows to fix this issue?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TyTrooper, Jun 23, 2022.

1. TyTrooper Win User

My laptop Says it charging, but no light, nor is it going up.

I have a laptop, but when it is charging, the battery does not charge, should i fix something on windows to fix this issue?

:)

TyTrooper, Jun 23, 2022
  2. Akihiko Win User

Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

Thanks for the response, but the issue is not the battery or the laptop. It was charging and working fine prior to this most recent Windows 10 update.

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're trying to say. When the charger is plugged in, it just says "plugged in", but my battery has been at 2% for the past several hours. Obviously the charger is doing something since it's holding the 2% power, but it's not charging. There has to be some day to bypass whatever this update broke.

Akihiko, Jun 23, 2022
  3. Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

My laptop Says it charging, but no light, nor is it going up. pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jun 23, 2022
  4. My laptop Says it charging, but no light, nor is it going up.

Toshiba Laptop Not Holding Battery Charge

attached is a pic of the internal of the laptop
    there does NOT appear to be a CMOS battery

what should my next steps be?

- fully charge existing battery and see if i remove it and install back teh next day whether its still fully charged?

- charge the battery for 18 hours to charge the internal CMOS battery?

- suggestions please as Im not sure

bartjunited, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

My laptop Says it charging, but no light, nor is it going up.

1. My laptop Says it charging, but no light, nor is it going up. - Similar Threads - laptop Says charging

2. my asus laptop battery icon says is not charging while charged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my asus laptop battery icon says is not charging while charged: my asus laptop battery is malfunctioning. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-asus-laptop-battery-icon-says-is-not-charging/a19aaeb0-5210-4b3c-be75-3b5de6df46d3
  3. my asus laptop battery icon says is not charging while charged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my asus laptop battery icon says is not charging while charged: my asus laptop battery is malfunctioning. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-asus-laptop-battery-icon-says-is-not-charging/a19aaeb0-5210-4b3c-be75-3b5de6df46d3
  4. My laptop is plugged in, says it is charging, but the battery percentage does not go up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is plugged in, says it is charging, but the battery percentage does not go up.: At 10am yesterday, my laptop was plugged in and at 100%, I was watching something so I was not seeing my battery percentage I'm looking at the battery power logs in settings. At 1pm, my battery starts going down despite being plugged in. At 3pm, I fall asleep until 6:20pm,...
  5. My laptop is plugged in, says it is charging, but the battery percentage does not go up.

My laptop is plugged in, says it is charging, but the battery percentage does not go up.: At 10am yesterday, my laptop was plugged in and at 100%, I was watching something so I was not seeing my battery percentage I'm looking at the battery power logs in settings. At 1pm, my battery starts going down despite being plugged in. At 3pm, I fall asleep until 6:20pm,...
  6. My laptop Says it charging, but no light, nor is it going up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop Says it charging, but no light, nor is it going up.: I have a laptop, but when it is charging, the battery does not charge, should i fix something on windows to fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-says-it-charging-but-no-light-nor-is-it/78a830a7-e297-4431-b09e-442bfa23d7a1
  7. My laptop Says it charging, but no light, nor is it going up.

My laptop Says it charging, but no light, nor is it going up.: I have a laptop, but when it is charging, the battery does not charge, should i fix something on windows to fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-says-it-charging-but-no-light-nor-is-it/78a830a7-e297-4431-b09e-442bfa23d7a1
  8. Laptop says it’s charging but it’s not

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop says it’s charging but it’s not: I’m not a tech savvy by any means so forgive me if something I say seems stupid or obvious. I had this problem a few months ago and had to go get it fixed but it happened again and I really don’t wanna spend more money fixing it. I dropped my laptop on my carpeted floor while...
  9. Battery was nor charged

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery was nor charged: Sir/Madam, my battery was not charged and was unplugged power cable laptop was shutdown...!!! I was brought a new battery from the hp store than also the same problem was found, so, it was solved any suggestion from your side. Thanking you,...
  10. Surface Pro 6 not charging, light is on, but it doesn't say it's charging or show signs of...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Pro 6 not charging, light is on, but it doesn't say it's charging or show signs of...: Hello, I've tried all the solutions given by Microsoft, even did some from Youtube. However, nothing works. When I plug the charger in, the LED light is on, but the laptop does not say it's charging or even the common, "Plugged in, not charging." Please help ASAP...