Windows 10: my laptop screen blink every i plug in the charger

Discus and support my laptop screen blink every i plug in the charger in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When i plug in the charger to my laptop, the screen just blink like 2 second. is it bad? and what can i do to fix that?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by michelpandya yusuf, Dec 9, 2021.

1. my laptop screen blink every i plug in the charger

When i plug in the charger to my laptop, the screen just blink like 2 second. is it bad? and what can i do to fix that?

:)

michelpandya yusuf, Dec 9, 2021
  2. barndoor Win User

Flickering and blinking laptop screen

I'm using a laptop with Windows 10 and an Intel HD Graphics 4600 display adaptor. A few days ago I attached a Dell D3000 dock to my laptop, and almost immediately my laptop screen started to flicker and repeatedly blink off and on again. I disconnected the dock, which did not resolve the problem, and since then I've tried various techniques to fix the problem, but none of them have worked. In order, this comprised of:

1. attempting system restore - but all five restore points were corrupted (?!);
    2. updating the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    3. rolling back the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    4. uninstalling the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    5. downloading Windows 10 from the Microsoft site and re-installing it.
    The problem has persisted even when I disconnected everything from my laptop, took it to my workplace, and switched it on there (using its battery for power); so the following possible reasons can be ruled out: its location in my house, any attached peripherals, a faulty power cable.

I am certain the problem is in some way connected to the Intel HD Graphics 4600 display adaptor:
    1. after I completely uninstalled it - which reverted the graphics card to the standard Microsoft one - the screen didn't flicker or blink once afterwards (I left the laptop switched on for about an hour without incident, whereas previously I would experience as many as ten 'events' a minute). This rules out a possible damaged connection between the body of the laptop and its screen. However, when Windows auto-installs updates it reinstates the Intel one...
    2. ...and when the laptop is switched on the screen flickers and repeatedly blinks off and on again...
    3. ...although, strangely, connecting an external monitor to the laptop (HDMI to HDMI) results in neither the laptop screen nor the external monitor flickering or blinking. The problem returns when I disconnect the HDMI cable from the HDMI port on the laptop.
    I now have the inescapable feeling that when I attached the dock I somehow fried the Intel display adaptor, and it isn't possible to fix it: I have read in the forums that replacing the graphics card on a laptop is well-nigh impossible. But if anyone else can suggest an approach I haven't yet tried I'd be very receptive!

As an aside, I contacted the retailer and they have sent me all of the drivers that are available for my system, but I don't know how to install them.

barndoor, Dec 9, 2021
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Laptop Screen goes dark when I Plug in or plug out.

Hi Haifz,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that your laptop screen goes black while plugging the charger.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the model number of the laptop?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Outdated or corrupt driver.
    • Missing Windows Updates.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install all the latest device drivers including graphics and chipset driver from the computer manufacturer website.

http://support.asus.com/download/Options.aspx?SLanguage=en&type=1

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Dec 9, 2021
  4. IanReyn Win User

my laptop screen blink every i plug in the charger

Black Screen when Laptop charger is plugged in.

One night, I downloaded the Windows 10 update. Note that I downloaded the update with my laptop unplugged. The next day, I try to use my laptop only to find that when I plugged in the charger, the screen went black, black as in as if it had turned off. I
    unplugged my charger, and it worked fine. So every time I plug in my charger the screen blacks. I already tried to change my power plan, and it worked yesterday, but all of the sudden it didn't work today.

I have an ACER Aspire E 15

EDIT: I just ran an SFC Scan, will edit again if problem fixes.

IanReyn, Dec 9, 2021
Thema:

my laptop screen blink every i plug in the charger

1. my laptop screen blink every i plug in the charger - Similar Threads - laptop screen blink

2. Black Screen when Laptop charger is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen when Laptop charger is plugged in.: I have an Asus TUF A15One day i'm reseting my Laptop using method reset PC I'm using Windows 11, after that when i want some game, and pluged in my laptop, suddenly my laptop goes black screen, not 100% black just cover 80% off the screen and the rest of it still working....
  3. Black Screen when Laptop charger is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen when Laptop charger is plugged in.: I have an Asus TUF A15One day i'm reseting my Laptop using method reset PC I'm using Windows 11, after that when i want some game, and pluged in my laptop, suddenly my laptop goes black screen, not 100% black just cover 80% off the screen and the rest of it still working....
  4. I get BSOD every time I plug in my laptop charger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get BSOD every time I plug in my laptop charger: I have been using windows for quite a long time and I have never had any issue like this. My laptop crashes and shows BSOD every time I plug in my charger, the latest stop code I recieved was KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. But I have also been recieving other stop codes...
  5. I get BSOD every time I plug in my laptop charger

I get BSOD every time I plug in my laptop charger: I have been using windows for quite a long time and I have never had any issue like this. My laptop crashes and shows BSOD every time I plug in my charger, the latest stop code I recieved was KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. But I have also been recieving other stop codes...
  6. I get BSOD every time I plug in my laptop charger

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. my laptop screen blink every i plug in the charger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop screen blink every i plug in the charger: When i plug in the charger to my laptop, the screen just blink like 2 second. is it bad? and what can i do to fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-screen-blink-every-i-plug-in-the-charger/917b7a69-3ab6-4810-a285-214b08280d91
  8. my laptop screen blink every i plug in the charger

my laptop screen blink every i plug in the charger: When i plug in the charger to my laptop, the screen just blink like 2 second. is it bad? and what can i do to fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-screen-blink-every-i-plug-in-the-charger/917b7a69-3ab6-4810-a285-214b08280d91
  9. Screen Blink Black for a Second when plugged and unpluged charger

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Blink Black for a Second when plugged and unpluged charger: Hi.. I got a new laptop, but I just found out that my laptop always turn black for second and on again everytime I plug and unplug charger.I find that I have to set refresh rate, cuz when on charging it's 144 Hz, and when on battery it's 60Hz. I changed it 144Hz to 60Hz, and...
  10. Lenovo IdeaPad S340: Screen flickering/blinking when charger plugged in.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lenovo IdeaPad S340: Screen flickering/blinking when charger plugged in.: Hi everyone, i was wondering if you could help me regarding the above. Whenever i plug the charger into my laptop the screen goes absolutely crazy and blinks out, goes black, blinks again. I've tried to change the refresh rate from 60 hertz down to 50 but the only option is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my laptop when blinks on and off immediately