Windows 10: My laptop screen doesn't return to full brightness when I log on

Discus and support My laptop screen doesn't return to full brightness when I log on in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I noticed that since my laptop had the last update, my screen brightness doesn't stay "bright" unless I unplug the battery cord. How do I get it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WaltonC, Oct 7, 2018.

1. WaltonC Win User

My laptop screen doesn't return to full brightness when I log on

I noticed that since my laptop had the last update, my screen brightness doesn't stay "bright" unless I unplug the battery cord. How do I get it to stay bright? I have seen that once I log on and unplug the battery cord - that my screen stays bright until I put in on sleep mode. When I "wake it up", it goes back to a very dim screen. My additional monitors remain bright. Help?

:)

WaltonC, Oct 7, 2018

2. Screen brightness unadjustable

Ever since my laptop was automatically updated to windows 10, which was like a week ago, i just noticed now that i cant adjust the brightness of my screen. It´s set up now as a 100% in terms of brightness and i can´t change it for some reason. Even changing
    it to 0% doesn´t dim it even a little. Help please

RaphaelLiwag, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop

So I'm not sure how long this has been happening but for some reason, I can't change the brightness on my laptop screen. I have linked a picture and as you can see, my brightness says 0% and that I can't change it, however my actual brightness is at 100%. I have looked around everywhere and the only responses I have found don't work for me. Here's a list of everything I have tried:
    - Reinstalling Display Drivers
    - Rolling Back Display Drivers
    - Reset Settings on UWT4
    - Power and Battery Settings
    (UWT4 or Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 is a customizer for Windows 10 and I thought that might be the problem but it wasn't)

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, it's greatly appreciated! Thanks! -

FrostyTigerXP, Oct 7, 2018
  4. My laptop screen doesn't return to full brightness when I log on

screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

My laptop screen doesn't return to full brightness when I log on

1. My laptop screen doesn't return to full brightness when I log on - Similar Threads - laptop screen doesn't

2. When I log into my Microsoft account on my Dell Inspiron laptop, it returns to the log in...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    When I log into my Microsoft account on my Dell Inspiron laptop, it returns to the log in...: I have a Dell Inspiron 14 7000 laptop with Windows 10, when I log in to my Microsoft account the screen turns black for a few seconds and then returns to the home sign in screen instead of going to my desktop. I have tried reinstalling Windows but that did not help....
  3. When I log into my Microsoft account on my Dell Inspiron laptop, it returns to the log in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I log into my Microsoft account on my Dell Inspiron laptop, it returns to the log in...: I have a Dell Inspiron 14 7000 laptop with Windows 10, when I log in to my Microsoft account the screen turns black for a few seconds and then returns to the home sign in screen instead of going to my desktop. I have tried reinstalling Windows but that did not help....
  4. When I log into my Microsoft account on my Dell Inspiron laptop, it returns to the log in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screen brightness level changes when full-screening applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen brightness level changes when full-screening applications: For some reason whenever I full-screen an application such as rainbow 6 siege, the screen brightness changes to 0 despite the brightness bar showing it at 100%, though whenever I tab out of the application I can change the brightness back to 100%, but when I return to the app...
  6. Screen brightness level changes when full-screening applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen brightness level changes when full-screening applications: For some reason whenever I full-screen an application such as rainbow 6 siege, the screen brightness changes to 0 despite the brightness bar showing it at 100%, though whenever I tab out of the application I can change the brightness back to 100%, but when I return to the app...
  7. Brightness dims in full screen of game when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness dims in full screen of game when plugged in: I have looked for all of the solutions and none of them worked for me. Some i didnt even have the option available. Im using an alienware laptop windows 10. I have looked for adaptive brightness in settings everywhere but it doesnt exist on my machine. Im not sure how to stop...
  8. Screen Brightness Dims When Full Screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Brightness Dims When Full Screen.: Hi, Every time I'm in full screen mode for example YouTube, or even full screen F11 in browser my screen dims automatically with no option to turn down the brightness. When I exit full screen, it goes back to the brightness level I had before. Lenovo Yoga 11S. Windows 10...
  9. Screen brightness doesn't change when I adjust it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen brightness doesn't change when I adjust it.: Hello, My screen brightness stays the same even though I adjust it. I have tried updating my display adapter, but when I did that another problem occured: whenever I played a YouTube video or MP4-file, my laptop crashed. Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 Motherboard: HP 83C6...
  10. Laptop screen brightness decreases when on Spotify app, full-screen YouTube video or other...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop screen brightness decreases when on Spotify app, full-screen YouTube video or other...: Hi, Whenever I switch to Spotify, Discord, a full-screen Youtube video or any other screen which has predominantly dark colours, the brightness of my laptop screen decreases by itself. When I change the screen brightness using the function keys, the indicator shows full...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do return to full brightness

2. screen brightness does not return when dell laptop is woken from sleep