Windows 10: My laptop screen fades causing me to lag in game

Discus and support My laptop screen fades causing me to lag in game in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; While playing certain games I would get bad lag spikes every so often. I couldn't find the problem. Then one day I looked at my laptop (I use a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hugs4FiveDollars, Oct 12, 2019.

1. My laptop screen fades causing me to lag in game

While playing certain games I would get bad lag spikes every so often. I couldn't find the problem. Then one day I looked at my laptop (I use a monitor) when I started lagging and it was fading in and then back out. I have been searching for a fix to the problem but I haven't been able to find anything.

:)

Hugs4FiveDollars, Oct 12, 2019

2. Card games lagging!

Hi Helena,

If it's an online game, the lag issue may have been caused by your Internet connection. It can also occur due to the game server issue. We'll need to gather a bit more information to better identify what's causing this. Kindly answer the following:

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    • What card game are you having issues with?
    • Is the issue the same with other games?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve the issue?

Meanwhile, if the card game you're playing is downloaded from Windows Store, we suggest running the
    Windows apps troubleshooter. The apps troubleshooter can help resolve issues with games and applications downloaded from Windows Store.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Oct 12, 2019
  3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Oct 12, 2019
  4. Tomek Win User

My laptop screen fades causing me to lag in game

Lag spike causes lag in a game

So the story is very simple, from time to time I have a huge "lag" in the game and it lasts for like 1 second. This is very annoying. I've done some investigating and it turns out that during the lag, there's a huge spike on a disk usage caused by the same game. Is there any way to avoid the lag? Or is it just a game issue? I send an image showing performance analysis.

My laptop screen fades causing me to lag in game PHBKa.png

Tomek, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

My laptop screen fades causing me to lag in game

1. My laptop screen fades causing me to lag in game - Similar Threads - laptop screen fades

2. Laptop freezes and screen fades to black.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop freezes and screen fades to black.: I have a refurbished Dell Latitude 7390. It works great, until recently it began to freeze, and the screen would begin to fade to black. I have tried cleaning it. I have run multiple system scans and diagnostics and even scanned for malware but that still hasn't fixed it. I'm...
  3. Laptop freezes and screen fades to black.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop freezes and screen fades to black.: I have a refurbished Dell Latitude 7390. It works great, until recently it began to freeze, and the screen would begin to fade to black. I have tried cleaning it. I have run multiple system scans and diagnostics and even scanned for malware but that still hasn't fixed it. I'm...
  4. Specific mouse causes lag in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Specific mouse causes lag in games: I bought a wired Easterntimes tech gaming mouse a while ago and it worked fine. But recently it's started to cause fps drops in games that I play.The mouse works fine as a normal mouse, and only affects games.A different mouse and the computer's trackpad both work fine. It's...
  5. My games are lagging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My games are lagging: So I been Trying to play left4dead2 and my frames were around 40 to 60 but now its 30 at best. My specs are i5 2nd gen and intel hd 3000 and I have it at max performance and these specs are way better than recommended specs submitted by /u/memeskid123 [link] [comments]...
  6. Moving Mouse causes sever lag in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Mouse causes sever lag in games: PC Specs CPU: *AMD FX-8350 4 GHz 8-Core Processor Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB 2 x 4 GB DDR3-1600 CL9 Memory Memory: *Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 2 x 8 GB DDR3-1600 CL9 Memory Storage: *Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive Storage: *Samsung 860 Evo 1...
  7. slideshow wallpaper causes lag in games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    slideshow wallpaper causes lag in games: i have a quad monitor setup and plenty of wallpapers and everytime the wallpaper changes it causes a giant lag in games , i have a 5700xt and a 3900x so im pretty sure i have plenty of power for all of those wallpaper changes while playing Guitar hero,RDR2 or valorant...
  8. Disk Usage at 100% causing lag in games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Usage at 100% causing lag in games.: Hi my disk is at 100%. Attached in the link is the recording of it using the windows performance recorder. I have got a new hard drive, complete reset, updated drivers, stopped superfetch and windows search, and updated my bios. I do not know what else to try. My computer...
  9. Turning game mode on causes mouse lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Turning game mode on causes mouse lag: As per title. I initially had some issues with automatic background updates and all that nonsense eating up my bandwidth and cpu usage while i was gaming (this will be a complaint for another time). I thought about giving it a shot and turning game mode on, but nope....
  10. Windows 10 causing lag with online gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 causing lag with online gaming: I tried Windows 10 and found that Guild Wars 2 had such bad lag that it was unplayable. I had a ping of 1360 as one point when it had been in the 60-80 range previously. Internet web pages took painfully long to load. I have an excellent ISP and have never had complaints...