Windows 10: My laptop screen has a big dark shadow on the side

Discus and support My laptop screen has a big dark shadow on the side in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I own a Dell XPS 15 115z and I have been having this screen issue for about a year, I don't know what the problem is. This is how it looks: [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by camimaine123, Mar 19, 2016.

1. My laptop screen has a big dark shadow on the side

I own a Dell XPS 15 115z and I have been having this screen issue for about a year, I don't know what the problem is. This is how it looks:

My laptop screen has a big dark shadow on the side [​IMG]

Why is my screen like this? Is it some virus or is the LCD screen burned out? What should I do? HELP ME*cry

:)

camimaine123, Mar 19, 2016
  2. Loribene Win User

AOC monitor

problem continues no matter what I try ~ the screen has a dark shadow on the right hand side ~ also the text is so light I can hardly read it.

Loribene, Mar 19, 2016
  3. Screen Settings

Hi,

Yes it did happen whilst I was working. First of all the screen went smaller in size like an old TV film looks when playing on a large screen with dark areas either side. So I did a restart and now it looks weird and stretched.

Since then my laptop has updated with the Fall Creators Update.

There is no Advanced display settings and wasn't before the Fall Creator update screen appeared on my laptop.

Diane

DianeCooksey, Mar 19, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

My laptop screen has a big dark shadow on the side

Looks like screen hardware failure to me. You can try connecting external monitor or TV and see how it looks.

NavyLCDR, Mar 19, 2016
  5. I cast my vote for a hardware failure. Looks like the backlight has separated or something.

alphanumeric, Mar 19, 2016
  6. So should I take it to store for repair?

camimaine123, Mar 19, 2016
  7. Fafhrd Win User
    It looks like one or more of the several brightness enhancement films and diffuser screens within the screen module have become displaced. Generally this should be repairable with care, time and very clean working conditions, but tricky, like replacement of the cold cathode tube - the technician may probably recommend a replacement screen module instead.

Fafhrd, Mar 20, 2016
  8. My laptop screen has a big dark shadow on the side

Since you used replacement of the screen. Couldn't I just by the LCD screen of this laptop and replace it on my own. That should fix this problem right?

camimaine123, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

My laptop screen has a big dark shadow on the side

1. My laptop screen has a big dark shadow on the side - Similar Threads - laptop screen has

2. Stripes at bottom of the screen and dark vertical "shadow" on laptop screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Stripes at bottom of the screen and dark vertical "shadow" on laptop screen: Hi! I have an issue with my 2,5 year old Legion 5 screen. As you can see on the pictures, there are horizontal lines at the bottom of the screen. I'm not sure when they exactly appeared, but I've spotted them 1-2~ or so month ago. Apart from that, there are also vertical...
  3. My email screen has gone very big!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My email screen has gone very big!: Hi, my email page has gone really big! The writing, just everything has gone big!I want it to go back to normal : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-email-screen-has-gone-very-big/f939b085-9ace-43b0-8caf-76d01b519eac
  4. My email screen has gone very big!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My email screen has gone very big!: Hi, my email page has gone really big! The writing, just everything has gone big!I want it to go back to normal : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-email-screen-has-gone-very-big/f939b085-9ace-43b0-8caf-76d01b519eac
  5. shadows images on laptop screen of a frog, a barefoot, dolphin side view, and someone right...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    shadows images on laptop screen of a frog, a barefoot, dolphin side view, and someone right...: I wondering if anyone has any info on this concern? it started earlier this year after a windows update, around feb 2021. Also I have a small line that runs down my screen as well, which come and goes. I was thinking I got some kind of virus, but all scans did not identify...
  6. Side by Side screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Side by Side screen: I am trying to have two screens open at the same time and can't seem to do it. Do all apps allow this feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/side-by-side-screen/9a4fc7a4-6fb2-4247-bba4-b55259499fdc
  7. screen has shrunkin from the sides.

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen has shrunkin from the sides.: My 17" screen has shrunk in the left and right sides by a 1.5" on each side. This happened two days ago . Can some one suggest how to restore my screen back to it's normal size?...
  8. !! Dark side iof Outlook !!

in Microsoft Office and 365
    !! Dark side iof Outlook !!: Hi, I use Outlook a lot now that I am in uni and just want to know how to change dark mode on when on the web version. I don't think I am in Beta and I can't find the dark mode switch in the quick settings menu, if fact I don't think I can find the quick setting menu, have...
  9. Upgraded to the Dark Side...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgraded to the Dark Side...: Finally decided it was time to move from Windows 7 to the dark side...(my taxes are done and submitted, so I could lose my computer for awhile and not be critical...) Made sure Windows 7 was 100% up to date, Ran Belarc to capture all my software registration keys, ensured...
  10. Coming to the dark side

in Windows 10 Support
    Coming to the dark side: Hi all, Well it had to happen....I'm leaving the light of W7 and coming to the dark side....... W10 *Shock Got full of lunatic soup over the holidays and stupidly told my Grand-kid he could have my computer *Party So built another one and here I am....Glad to see a few of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop monitor screen dark on top

2. screen to big on laptop