Windows 10: My laptop screen is not showing anything it is black and only the cursor is showing.

Discus and support My laptop screen is not showing anything it is black and only the cursor is showing. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Only the cursor moves and the whole sceen is blackhow to fix this problem need help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Shahreyar Rafi, Nov 25, 2022.

1. My laptop screen is not showing anything it is black and only the cursor is showing.

Only the cursor moves and the whole sceen is blackhow to fix this problem need help.

:)

Shahreyar Rafi, Nov 25, 2022
  2. sharp461 Win User

Laptop boots up to black screen with cursor, shows signs of activity.

I am trying to figure out what is going on with my mom's laptop. Two days ago she told me she was using her laptop and everything was fine, but then she left to do some things in the kitchen and came back a bit later to the screen off. Upon waking it up by moving the mouse, all she got was a black screen with a white cursor. I have looked at it and upon manually restarting, it shows the Windows 10 logo, and then it goes to the black screen with the cursor. There is no login screen either but I do also hear the welcome music. One thing I noticed though is the cursor does have the blue loading circle next to it like it is actually still doing something, and it flashes and spins now and then, as well as the computer sounding like its working, but I have left this on for almost 40 minutes now and it is still just a black screen. It sometimes goes to the off screen and have to move the mouse to wake it up again. Some people online suggest task manager and opening up other windows but nothing works, I can just move a cursor.

My first thought is it is doing something with updates so I figured I will let it be for a few hours while in the mean time I will post this question to see if anyone else has any ideas. The laptop had Windows 7 before and we upgraded to 10 months ago.

sharp461, Nov 25, 2022
  3. Kusimeka Win User
    Laptop Black Screening!

Event Viewer? Do you mean Task Manager? If so nope it won't let me do anything at all, everything cuts off but there is still power to the machine. There's no cursor, before it black screens it usually just like freezes, and then the cursor will like, really really lag and warp across the screen (cause im moving it) and then it will black screen and i have to turn off the laptop.

*Cry :cry:

Edit: Nevermind, i found the Event Viewer, it shows a critical error occured but thats just where it had to forcefully restart, it doesn't really say what happened unless im looking in the wrong place ;S

Kusimeka, Nov 25, 2022
  4. My laptop screen is not showing anything it is black and only the cursor is showing.

My windows 10 laptop only shows a black screen with a cursor

I started up the computer and it shows the HP logo with a loading symbol under it. After that, it shows a completely black screen with only the cursor on it. HOW DO I FIX THIS

***Post moved to the appropriate forum category***

Sebastian.N, Nov 25, 2022
Thema:

My laptop screen is not showing anything it is black and only the cursor is showing.

1. My laptop screen is not showing anything it is black and only the cursor is showing. - Similar Threads - laptop screen showing

2. Blank screen with only cursor showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank screen with only cursor showing: Please as regards the blank screen with only cursor I followed one of your instructions that involved inputing explorer.exe at task manager the option for run new task please how long am I meant to wait before I can finally access my screen...
  3. Blank screen with only cursor showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank screen with only cursor showing: Please as regards the blank screen with only cursor I followed one of your instructions that involved inputing explorer.exe at task manager the option for run new task please how long am I meant to wait before I can finally access my screen...
  4. Blank screen with only cursor showing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My laptop screen is not showing anything it is black and only the cursor is showing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop screen is not showing anything it is black and only the cursor is showing.: Only the cursor moves and the whole sceen is blackhow to fix this problem need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-screen-is-not-showing-anything-it-is/602b6b21-7788-48c5-92bb-5cf5db822a26
  6. Computer only showing black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer only showing black screen with cursor: Last night I was playing a game on my computer when the screen froze. After a waiting a while I just decided to turn the whole computer off. When I turned it back on after the loading screen (white spinning dots) it goes straight to a black screen. I can move the cursor but...
  7. laptop showing black screen with cursor then everything loads.

laptop showing black screen with cursor then everything loads.: when i turn on my laptop and login i get a black screen with my cursor. after a while everything loads. sometimes videos i watch stop for a bit and games freeze. dont really know what is causing it. submitted by /u/oofoofoof333 [link] [comments]...
  8. preparing automatic repair then shows only black screen and the cursor.

preparing automatic repair then shows only black screen and the cursor.: Keyboard doesnt work. I can only move the cursor. submitted by /u/FUCKINGHISSRICH [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fnze3m/preparing_automatic_repair_then_shows_only_black/
  9. Windows 10 black screen with only cursor showing

Windows 10 black screen with only cursor showing: Hello. I'm unable to log into my PC because when trying to turn it on i'm not presented with the normal log in page. I've tried ctl+alt+del and nothing shows up. Hope you can help. Thanks in advance...
  10. PC showing black screen with only mouse cursor

PC showing black screen with only mouse cursor: Hi Today I tried to power on the system when the system started it didn't show any Windows logo and only blank screen appears with cursor the cursor can be moved but nothing is shown on the screen. I am using the Windows 10....