Windows 10: My laptop screen keeps shutting off, but the computer isn't.

Discus and support My laptop screen keeps shutting off, but the computer isn't. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Lenovo IdeaPad 4's screen keeps turning off when I'm playing a game. For example, when I'm playing Minecraft, after two minutes the screen turns... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Noah Hale, Feb 24, 2024.

1. Noah Hale Win User

My laptop screen keeps shutting off, but the computer isn't.

My Lenovo IdeaPad 4's screen keeps turning off when I'm playing a game. For example, when I'm playing Minecraft, after two minutes the screen turns off. But as I am writing this question, the screen hasn't shut down. The power on button is on, but it doesn't turn on when I move my mouse, and to turn the screen back on, I have to do a hard restart. Press the power button for 10 seconds Any information would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Noah Hale, Feb 24, 2024

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Feb 24, 2024
  3. Laptop loads to Windows 10 logo then blue screen and shuts off

shadowthefire,

What brand/model laptop is this?

Try the following:

Step 1: Make sure the computer is shut down, and press the Power Button to turn the computer on.

Step 2: As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off again.

Step 3: Repeat this process 2 or 3 times until you see the following on the screen: Preparing Automatic Repair
    Let the computer boot to the Automatic Repair screen.

Step 4: The next screen (blue) goes to: Choose Account to continue
    Select your account, enter your Password, and press: Continue

Step 5: A Diagnosing your PC screen appears, and it takes you to the screen for: Automatic Repair

Step 6: Here you can click Restart, or, Advanced Options
    Step 6.1: Select: Restart

Allow the computer to go through the routine, and see if it solves the issue.

If the problem still exists, go back to Step 1 through Step 6.

Step 6.2: This time, click: Advanced Options

Step 7: In the Choose an Option screen, select: Troubleshoot

Step 8: At the next screen, select: Advanced Options

Step 9: Last, select: Startup Repair (Used for problems that keep Windows 10 from loading)

Please provide an update.

cottonball, Feb 24, 2024
  4. My laptop screen keeps shutting off, but the computer isn't.

Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Feb 24, 2024
Thema:

My laptop screen keeps shutting off, but the computer isn't.

1. My laptop screen keeps shutting off, but the computer isn't. - Similar Threads - laptop screen keeps

2. My laptop screen keeps shutting off, but the computer isn't.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop screen keeps shutting off, but the computer isn't.: My Lenovo IdeaPad 4's screen keeps turning off when I'm playing a game. For example, when I'm playing Minecraft, after two minutes the screen turns off. But as I am writing this question, the screen hasn't shut down. The power on button is on, but it doesn't turn on when I...
  3. My laptop keeps shutting off my router

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps shutting off my router: Every time I use my laptop Lenovo ThinPad my WiFi router turns off, and everything on the WiFi gets disconnected. None of my other devices turn off the router, it's just my laptop. Any ideas on how to fix this?...
  4. Computer screen shuts off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer screen shuts off.: Every single time I play Minecraft my computer screen will go dark after about 30 minutes of me playing and there's no way to get it back on again. I have to shut down my computer entirely and boot it back up and it comes back on completely fine most of the time. When playing...
  5. Computer screen shuts off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer screen shuts off.: Every single time I play Minecraft my computer screen will go dark after about 30 minutes of me playing and there's no way to get it back on again. I have to shut down my computer entirely and boot it back up and it comes back on completely fine most of the time. When playing...
  6. Computer screen shuts off.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. My computer keeps shutting off!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer keeps shutting off!: Hello! So I wanted to see what the problem with my computer is. Windows 10 LaptopMy computer specs areIntelR CoreTM i5-5300U CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.29 GHzWith 12 GB of DDR3 RamSo basically, Every 30-40 Minutes my computer just shuts off. However, in the second of shutting down, a...
  8. My computer keeps shutting off!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps shutting off!: Hello! So I wanted to see what the problem with my computer is. Windows 10 LaptopMy computer specs areIntelR CoreTM i5-5300U CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.29 GHzWith 12 GB of DDR3 RamSo basically, Every 30-40 Minutes my computer just shuts off. However, in the second of shutting down, a...
  9. My computer keeps shutting off!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. My laptop keeps shutting itself off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop keeps shutting itself off: My laptop is a Hewlett Packard 14s-dp1504na. This seems like a serious problem. If I leave my laptop for any length of time it just turns itself off. An example of this was when I turned the laptop over to read the model as written on the bottom, so that I could include the...