Windows 10: My laptop screen keeps timing out and requires I use either a password or pin.

Discus and support My laptop screen keeps timing out and requires I use either a password or pin. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My laptop screen keeps timing out going back to the opening screen picture. It also now requires I use either a password or pin. This just happened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CarolMarquardt1, Jul 12, 2018.

1. My laptop screen keeps timing out and requires I use either a password or pin.

My laptop screen keeps timing out going back to the opening screen picture. It also now requires I use either a password or pin. This just happened since the last update a few days ago. How do I change these problems? Resetting it does not work.

:)

CarolMarquardt1, Jul 12, 2018

2. Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Jul 12, 2018
  4. My laptop screen keeps timing out and requires I use either a password or pin.

Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

My laptop screen keeps timing out and requires I use either a password or pin.

1. My laptop screen keeps timing out and requires I use either a password or pin. - Similar Threads - laptop screen keeps

2. No choice...Pin or Password. I don't want either

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No choice...Pin or Password. I don't want either: Just re-installed Windows 10 Clean install on HP Pavilion. I removed the pin option when signing in, but now it forces me to use a password. If I go back to the pin I don't need the password. I really don't want either. Before the re-install, I never had this issue. Please...
  3. No choice...Pin or Password. I don't want either

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No choice...Pin or Password. I don't want either: Just re-installed Windows 10 Clean install on HP Pavilion. I removed the pin option when signing in, but now it forces me to use a password. If I go back to the pin I don't need the password. I really don't want either. Before the re-install, I never had this issue. Please...
  4. No choice...Pin or Password. I don't want either

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. AFTER UPDATE- LOGIN REQUIRES PIN. I USE A PASSWORD - LOCKED OUT OF MY LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AFTER UPDATE- LOGIN REQUIRES PIN. I USE A PASSWORD - LOCKED OUT OF MY LAPTOP: Hello. I have the same issue with a different situation. I have Windows 11. My Dell laptop was turned on a couple of days ago and an windows update immediately started. Was not concerned until I finally went to login and a pin was requested instead of a password. I have never...
  6. AFTER UPDATE- LOGIN REQUIRES PIN. I USE A PASSWORD - LOCKED OUT OF MY LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AFTER UPDATE- LOGIN REQUIRES PIN. I USE A PASSWORD - LOCKED OUT OF MY LAPTOP: Hello. I have the same issue with a different situation. I have Windows 11. My Dell laptop was turned on a couple of days ago and an windows update immediately started. Was not concerned until I finally went to login and a pin was requested instead of a password. I have never...
  7. keep screen from timing out

in Windows 10 Customization
    keep screen from timing out: if there is no mouse movement on a picture it goes to ?wallpaper? how do i keep the picture on indefinitely ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keep-screen-from-timing-out/bcd8b6d1-51ca-449b-aa13-588369c774db
  8. When I first got my PC it used to require a password after the display timed out not sleep....

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I first got my PC it used to require a password after the display timed out not sleep....: Title, basically. I know how to require a password on wakeup from sleep, but specifically I want my PC to, after the display times out, require a password upon resuming. I've googled all over and the only results I get back have to do with sleep....
  9. Pin, Password Required to log on

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin, Password Required to log on: I have the requirement for password or pin disabled but everytime I log in I have to put in one or the other. Does anyone know what might be causing this? I have been unable to find anyone who has addressed this issue online....
  10. Forgot Admin Password and Pin, usually use fingerprint but now requires pin!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot Admin Password and Pin, usually use fingerprint but now requires pin!: I usually use my fingerprint to log into the admin account which I do so rarely. I have a few other non-admin accounts on the laptop. When I tried to log into the admin account today with the fingerprint it asks for my pin as well?! This seems to be an issue with some new...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop screen timing out and disconnecting