Windows 10: My laptop screen turns off and won't turn on again

Discus and support My laptop screen turns off and won't turn on again in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, Often, when I don't touch my laptop, the screen turns off and doesn't come back on when I press a key or move the mouse. It is not on standby.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/alphamafia, Apr 3, 2021.

1. My laptop screen turns off and won't turn on again

Hello,

Often, when I don't touch my laptop, the screen turns off and doesn't come back on when I press a key or move the mouse. It is not on standby. Only the screen turns off. I have to turn off the pc by keeping the on / off button pressed for the screen to come back on.

Can someone help?

Thanks

submitted by /u/alphamafia
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/alphamafia, Apr 3, 2021

2. Asus Transformer t100ta won´t turn on Win10

Yesterday was reading on it. All of a sudden turned off and now it won´t turn on

GabrielaAraya, Apr 3, 2021
  3. El_Mayo Win User
    Laptop screen won't turn on

i have a HP pavillion dv9700 and yesterday night right before i went to bed i propped my laptop up against my bed.. diagonally like a ladder against a wall..
    but then it tipped over and landed on the back of the screen (the laptop was closed at the time)
    since then when i turn on my screen the screen is completely black
    although i can hear normal sounds from my msn/xfire etc etc.
    any idea what happened? like a backlight breaking or what

El_Mayo, Apr 3, 2021
  4. Msap14 Win User

My laptop screen turns off and won't turn on again

laptop won't turn on

Dell Latitude D800

few hours ago i turned the laptop off by going to start menu, shut down, on an xp machine. the computer shut down normally but now when i try to turn it back on, nothing happens for a good 30 seconds then the HDD lights and power lights come on for a few seconds then turn off.

it's weird becasue, from what i have seen, the lights usually come on right away then turn right off (in similar situations) but this thing doesn't even try to turn on for a bit. What could be wrong?

things i have tried:
    -removed RAM, battery, wireless card, HDD... nothing happens
    -held power button for 10 seconds with battery in and out of machine while and while nt plugged in
    -Different power adapters

i am going to check the cmos battery but if anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated.

Msap14, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

My laptop screen turns off and won't turn on again

1. My laptop screen turns off and won't turn on again - Similar Threads - laptop screen turns

2. My laptop won't turn off or on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won't turn off or on.: My laptop HP envy model 13 said it ran into an error and needed to restart. I think it might be a stopcode but I am not too sure. When my laptop reached 100% complete, it didnt turn on or off and has stated on the same blue screen for over an hour. I've tried turning it off...
  3. My laptop won't turn off or on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop won't turn off or on.: My laptop HP envy model 13 said it ran into an error and needed to restart. I think it might be a stopcode but I am not too sure. When my laptop reached 100% complete, it didnt turn on or off and has stated on the same blue screen for over an hour. I've tried turning it off...
  4. Laptop Turned Off Unexpectedly, And Now Won’t Turn On Again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Turned Off Unexpectedly, And Now Won’t Turn On Again: As the title states, my laptop shut down unexpectedly, and now will not turn again. I’ve tried many methods to try and turn it back on, however there might still be some I have not tried.I was playing a game on my Acer Nitro 5 MODEL NO.:N20C1 AN515-55-70T8 and right out of...
  5. Laptop Turned Off Unexpectedly, And Now Won’t Turn On Again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Turned Off Unexpectedly, And Now Won’t Turn On Again: As the title states, my laptop shut down unexpectedly, and now will not turn again. I’ve tried many methods to try and turn it back on, however there might still be some I have not tried.I was playing a game on my Acer Nitro 5 MODEL NO.:N20C1 AN515-55-70T8 and right out of...
  6. Laptop Turned Off Unexpectedly, And Now Won’t Turn On Again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. My Laptop screen turns off

My Laptop screen turns off: Hello Guys Yesterday I tried to change my Nvidia Graphic Settings Everything was working as well but today when I turned on my laptop and clicked onWindows logo in down left corner few seconds later my screen turned off, can you help me what should I do? By The Way I have...
  8. My screen saver won't turn on and my monitor won't turn off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My screen saver won't turn on and my monitor won't turn off: Hi. This used to work on this computer. Now I notice it doesn't. Windows 10 running on a laptop. All cords are unplugged except for power cord. Monitor is set in settings to turn off after 3 minutes currently. With screen saver set to turn on after 2 minutes....
  9. screen won't turn on after timeout or turn off

screen won't turn on after timeout or turn off: any form of turn off or timeout for the screen makes it refuse to turn back on ex : sleep , screen timeout , leaving it for a few minutes after restart and it even prevents sleep , the power button should indicate that the pc is asleep when it is , now it doesn't...
  10. My Laptop screen won't stop turning off :(

in Windows 10 Support
    My Laptop screen won't stop turning off :(: I've legit tried everything I can think of to fix this problem. My laptop screen refuses to stop turning off. I've changed all my power options to Never for timeouts, for plugged in and not plugged in. I've went to the advanced settings for my power options and put never on...