Windows 10: My laptop shows a globe that says not connected. When I try to connect to the internet it...

Discus and support My laptop shows a globe that says not connected. When I try to connect to the internet it... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I really need to fix this problem because I need my computer for school. submitted by /u/xiaoyukhei [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xiaoyukhei, Oct 25, 2020.

1. My laptop shows a globe that says not connected. When I try to connect to the internet it...

I really need to fix this problem because I need my computer for school.

submitted by /u/xiaoyukhei
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xiaoyukhei, Oct 25, 2020
  2. akhlaq768 Win User

Connecting Laptop to the Internet, No connection

Trying to connect to the Internet using my Laptop. (not via the wireless router, but through the Ethernet cable)

My existing PC is connected to the Internet via an Ethernet cable, which is connected to the Broadband Modem (Virgin).

What I have tried to do, is take the Ethernet cable from my PC and connect it to the Laptop... Unfortunately, the Laptop isnt connecting to the Internet...

I have tried repairing the Network, with no success.

I am using the same cable, which was connected to the PC...

I do get error messages, when I click on repair in the Network Connection Tab. Its says it cannot assign an IP address.

I am Using Windows XP Home Edition.

I've tried using the Ping via cmd ping localhost or 127.0.0.1

I get the following results -

Packets: Sent = 4, Recieved = 4, Lost = 0(0%0)

Also done the following -

1. Start Internet Explorer.
    2. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
    3. Click the Connections tab.
    4. Under Dial-up and VPN Settings, click the broadband connection, click Settings, and then click Automatically detect settings.
    5. Click OK.

..... with no luck

What do I do guys?

akhlaq768, Oct 25, 2020
  3. wifi connected successfully but the network icon shows the globe and displays "no internet, secury".

I successfully connected my laptop to my wifi, was able to access the internet (surf facebook, watch youtube, ...) but the network icon in the lower right corner of the screen showed the globe and displays "no internet, secury ". Sometimes it is disconnected,
    then reconnect immediately.
    I tried connecting to another wifi, my laptop was connected successfully, surfing the internet was very stable, the network icon showed wifi signal.
    How to fix this problem?

NguyenHuuAnhVu, Oct 25, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

My laptop shows a globe that says not connected. When I try to connect to the internet it...

dalchina, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

My laptop shows a globe that says not connected. When I try to connect to the internet it...

1. My laptop shows a globe that says not connected. When I try to connect to the internet it... - Similar Threads - laptop shows globe

2. When I connect to 5GHz network, it says no internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I connect to 5GHz network, it says no internet: I have always been able to connect to the 5GHz network until recently when I realized I've been using the 2.4GHz network and I'm wondering why I am not able to connect to it. It just happened so suddenly....
  3. Windows 10 showing connected, no internet when I connect to WiFi

Windows 10 showing connected, no internet when I connect to WiFi: My windows recently started showing connected, no internet when I connect to WiFi. I'm able to browse the internet in browsers like chrome, edge, firefox, etc. but some sites which relay on internet status shown by the system are not working as the system shows no internet....
  4. wifi connected successfully but the network icon shows the globe and displays "no internet,...

wifi connected successfully but the network icon shows the globe and displays "no internet,...: I successfully connected my laptop to my wifi, was able to access the internet surf facebook, watch youtube, ... but the network icon in the lower right corner of the screen showed the globe and displays "no internet, secury ". Sometimes it is disconnected, then reconnect...
  5. my laptop when connected to the wifi shown connected but no internet

my laptop when connected to the wifi shown connected but no internet: my laptop when connected to the wifi shown connected but no internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-when-connected-to-the-wifi-shown/cf1a3397-d074-4065-94ba-6fd5b87458d2
  6. when I try to connect to the internet, I receive a message that says my computer does not...

in Windows 10 Customization
    when I try to connect to the internet, I receive a message that says my computer does not...: When I try to access my email I receive a message that my device does no support miracast https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-connect-to-the-internet-i-receive-a/64ef46e9-9375-46b0-a38c-2cf7283fb53c
  7. LAN Says No Internet When it is connected!!!

LAN Says No Internet When it is connected!!!: Hi All, There is an issue in one of my system that it says No Internet when it is connected to LAN(In Domain). But it is getting the network(IP) and all the other stuffs are completely fine with network. Can anyone please share me the answer if you have come across this...
  8. Computer says not connected to internet when I'm connected to internet

Computer says not connected to internet when I'm connected to internet: I am currently connected through Ethernet and am able to access the internet and any other programs that require the internet. My computer says that I'm "Connected" through Ethernet, but the icon shows that it isn't connected. It also says it isn't connected in the "Network &...
  9. When I click on events it says Internet connection required but I am connected to the internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I click on events it says Internet connection required but I am connected to the internet.: When I click on events it says Internet connection required but I am connected to the internet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-click-on-events-it-says-internet-connection/88fda32e-769e-48c6-9b8d-4e7949dda64a
  10. I am connected to the internet, but in the toolbar it says Not Connect

I am connected to the internet, but in the toolbar it says Not Connect: I am connected to the internet, but in the toolbar it says Not Connected and Connections are available. I am referring this to the Wifi Icon on the Bottom Right Corner near the Clock (Notification Area). There is no yellow asterix and I am properly connected to the...