Windows 10: My Laptop shows the audio is being played BUT the audio itself isnt getting played. Realtek...

Discus and support My Laptop shows the audio is being played BUT the audio itself isnt getting played. Realtek... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I woke up this morning and I open My Laptop to do normal stuff. I try to watch some videos and there is NO audio. I run troubleshooter and it says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GluStiKk, May 11, 2020.

1. GluStiKk Win User

My Laptop shows the audio is being played BUT the audio itself isnt getting played. Realtek...

So I woke up this morning and I open My Laptop to do normal stuff. I try to watch some videos and there is NO audio. I run troubleshooter and it says No Problems were found. When I go to sound option in setting and try to figure out the problem, The audio is ACTUALLY showing that the audio is being played, like when I play a video, the waveform is actually going up and down, but no audio.

THE AUDIO WONT PLAY THROUGH MY HEADPHONES ALSO !!

I tried Using system Restore point: That didnt work, just kept on circling, so I gave up on that

I tried reinstalling the drivers, That didnt work either

I tried using System check repair tool. No luck

I tried restarting the Services of Audio Endpoint and Windows audio. Nope

I looked hours and hours on the internet on a fix for this.

What did work for a couple of hours was that when I tried to update the driver by right clicking on Realtek Audio > update driver > Browse manually> let me pick the drivers whatever > High Definition Audio > Box shows up this : This can make your computer unstable....> Clicked yes> Restarted on prompt

The audio through Speakers did not work, but it DID work through the Headphones. I tried to game on it BUT the audio was messed up in these ways:

1The audio wasnt bass boosted like it usually was,

2 The gunshots were WAY louder than before with respect to the surroundings walking footsteps picking things up sound etc

What really pisses me off is that I KNOW the speakers do work, and how do I know that ?

You see, My laptop's a gaming laptop so on STARTUP it plays a *shwing* sound before booting up.

Even after these speakers not working for videos, on startup it ALWAYS plays it.

Please help me Season 5 of Apex is gonna start tommorow and I dont play without audio please help me I cant even go out to send for repairs because of lockdown. PLEASE HELP AAAAAAAAAA

:)

GluStiKk, May 11, 2020

2. Speakers not detected as plugged in and quit playing audio, but initially play sound

Relevant Specs are:

Windows 10 x64

Audio run through Realtek audio HD manager

MSI z170m Mortar Motherboard

Logitech Multimedia Speakers Z200/ rear panel audio

Logitech G933 headset/ usb bluetooth

I'm encountering a problem with a pair of Logitech speakers that I recently purchased. The speakers will not play audio, even though they are on and operational. I know they are operational because when I restart my computer they initially play sound, but
    will cut off soon after. If I don't immediately play audio, the speakers will not play sound later. My Logitech headset is fully connected and plays audio perfectly with no problems. At times the Logitech speakers will continue to play audio for no apparent
    reason. In playback devices the Logitech speakers are not listed as plugged in. It shows nothing is connected to the rear audio panel.

I believe the problem originates with the Realtek HD audio. If I start the Realtek HD audio manager I get a pop-up saying that a device has been unplugged. I have googled this problem and see many similar issues but none of the common solutions have fixed this.

-Realtek audio drivers are fully updated, Logitech drivers are fully updated, Windows 10 is fully updated.

-In the Realtek audio manager, I have disabled front panel detection, but the front panel still shows something plugged in(nothing is)

-In the Realtek audio manager I have tried changing the various settings such as separating all inputs as independent audio sources, nothing changes.

-My MOBO has an s/pdif optical port on the rear panel audio, nothing is plugged into it but in Sound playback devices it still lists the port and Realtek Digital Output as ready

-I have enabled or disabled all audio devices, nothing changes

-Unplugging and disabling my Logitech headset does not suddenly connect the Logitech speakers

Looking for anyone else who has this problem but is unable to fix it.

CamdenHall, May 11, 2020
  3. Subwoofer only plays bass in realtek hd audio manager

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try running Audio troubleshooter
    and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps to run Audio troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Playing Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 11, 2020
  4. My Laptop shows the audio is being played BUT the audio itself isnt getting played. Realtek...

No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 11, 2020
Thema:

My Laptop shows the audio is being played BUT the audio itself isnt getting played. Realtek...

1. My Laptop shows the audio is being played BUT the audio itself isnt getting played. Realtek... - Similar Threads - Laptop shows audio

2. Why is my laptop not playing the regular audio from Bluetooth audio devices, but playing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my laptop not playing the regular audio from Bluetooth audio devices, but playing...: First things first, I own a DELL Inspiron 16 7620 2-in-1, running Windows 11The Bluetooth Audio devices in question are my JBL Race Endurance TWS Earbuds and JBL Extreme1 Speaker Both of these used to run perfectly fine and audio used to work fine with both of them, but a day...
  3. Video/Audio keeps pausing and playing by itself in hp laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video/Audio keeps pausing and playing by itself in hp laptop: Video/Audio keeps pausing and playing by itself in hp pavilion gaming laptop .....tried upgrading to windows 11 and all drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videoaudio-keeps-pausing-and-playing-by-itself-in/323992dc-9335-4f3a-9e72-f7b5a21f1f1f
  4. Video/Audio keeps pausing and playing by itself in hp laptop

Video/Audio keeps pausing and playing by itself in hp laptop: Video/Audio keeps pausing and playing by itself in hp pavilion gaming laptop .....tried upgrading to windows 11 and all drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videoaudio-keeps-pausing-and-playing-by-itself-in/323992dc-9335-4f3a-9e72-f7b5a21f1f1f
  5. Realtek HD audio does not play sound.

Realtek HD audio does not play sound.: Realtek HD audio does not play sound. I have mb with alc892 codec with 7.1 stereo sound. I tried all the realtek software for hd audio from thier hp, installed realtek hd audio controller for alc892, uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, but it does not play sound. The...
  6. Realtek HD audio does not play sound.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek HD audio does not play sound.: Realtek HD audio does not play sound. I have mb with alc892 codec with 7.1 stereo sound. I tried all the realtek software for hd audio from thier hp, installed realtek hd audio controller for alc892, uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, but it does not play sound. The...
  7. My laptop is not playing audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop is not playing audio: My laptop recently had a new windows update and the speakers name was change to speakers realtec high definition audio device but before the update it did not say realtec in the speakers name in after this happened there was no audio so I was wondering if anybody had...
  8. No audio being played through headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio being played through headset: So I just got this headset and as anyone else would I plugged it into my PC, but it doesn't have any sounds coming through. I searched through my sound settings and devices but I couldn't find it anywhere. I'm guessing that my PC isn't detecting my device or some other reason...
  9. Unable to play audio in my laptop.

Unable to play audio in my laptop.: Hello, When I try to play a sound track it gives distorted output or says cannot find the audio device. I tried troubleshooting and updating the sound drivers. But still the problem persists. Kindly help me to fix my sound problem ASAP. Thank you C.Krishnasri...
  10. Audio Not Playing

Audio Not Playing: Very recently my computer's audio has stopped working. My headset has a separate microphone and headphone plugin. I use a combiner to put both of them into the computer at once. Anyway, I cannot hear audio through my headphones, whether I use the combiner or not. I have...