Windows 10: My laptop shut down due to power failure, when windows is updating and the "don't turn off...

Discus and support My laptop shut down due to power failure, when windows is updating and the "don't turn off... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop shut down due to power failure, when windows was updating and the "don't turn off your computer"was on the screen. Now it says "Installing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BryanValladares, Jun 30, 2019.

1. My laptop shut down due to power failure, when windows is updating and the "don't turn off...

My laptop shut down due to power failure, when windows was updating and the "don't turn off your computer"was on the screen. Now it says "Installing windows 64%, Don't turn off your computer, this may take some time" but it restarts continuously and the percentage never changes. It has been like that for days. Any recommendation?

:)

BryanValladares, Jun 30, 2019

2. Laptop won`t shutdown, Driver Power State Failure WIN10

Hello,

I`ve got an Asus G75VW Laptop, been using for 3 years without problems. Laptop still runs fine, everything is alright except for powering down.

When I try to shut down, it powers down everything, screen goes black but power lights doesn't go off and I can hear the fan. So the laptop does not fully shut down. After a while(3-5minutes), it gives a blue screen saying `Driver Power State Failure`
    and it restarts itself.

1 out of 10 times it may shutdown normally.

Here`s what I did so far;

Updated everything with windows update, Driver Booster, Driverpack.

I checked for viruses with Avast and Malwarebytes,

Cleaned registry,

Turned off fast start up,

Uninstalled USB devices and intel engine management,

Installed different versions of Intel Management Engine,

Verified driver signatures,

Restored BIOS default settings (there is no new BIOS update)

Ran SFC scan,

Readjusted ram slots (Tried shutting down with each ram),

Tried windows repair; windows couldn`t repair itself,

There is no unrecognized device in device manager except for Monitor when booted in safe mod.

Refreshed windows

Clean installed windows 10

P.S: When laptop booted in safe mode, there is no problem with shutdown.

What could be the issue?

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards

BarışAkyüz, Jun 30, 2019
  3. How to turn off my laptop?

Hi,

1. I didn´t got any error messages.

2. Windows 10 update-list is empty = all is done

3. What shall I do, here the list of drivers of my laptop: (I couldn´t copy the screenwiew ;( )

4. In fact: if i shut down by using the windows command, only screen will shut, not the laptop??.

Also using rest function does not work, because windows button does not wake up the laptop??

RistoTapani, Jun 30, 2019
  4. My laptop shut down due to power failure, when windows is updating and the "don't turn off...

laptop shut down while i first turn the power on after upgrading to win10

hello,

thanks for your help,

i follow the first step and didnt find any problem,

and then i boot my laptop in safe mode with network ,

it can successfully be shut down and turn on ,

then i leave the safe mode and turn off the windows fast startup,

now my laptop can shut down and turn on normally like it used to be,

but the problem still exist when i hibernate my laptop,

when i reboot from hibernate state , it still shut down itself after the windows icon shows up.

waiting for your suggestion, thanks!

Best regards,

Roger Yang

chi hsien yang, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

My laptop shut down due to power failure, when windows is updating and the "don't turn off...

1. My laptop shut down due to power failure, when windows is updating and the "don't turn off... - Similar Threads - laptop shut down

2. laptop shuts down completely and wont turn back on when i turn it off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop shuts down completely and wont turn back on when i turn it off: my laptop suddenly turned completly off and wont turn back on unless i take out the battery and put it back in, when it powers off automatically or when i power it off it shuts down completely...
  3. laptop shuts down completely and wont turn back on when i turn it off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop shuts down completely and wont turn back on when i turn it off: my laptop suddenly turned completly off and wont turn back on unless i take out the battery and put it back in, when it powers off automatically or when i power it off it shuts down completely...
  4. laptop shuts down completely and whont turn back on when i turn it off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop shuts down completely and whont turn back on when i turn it off: my laptop suddenly turned completly off and wont turn back on unless i take out the battery and put it back in, when it powers off automatically or when i power it off it shuts down completely...
  5. laptop shuts down completely and whont turn back on when i turn it off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop shuts down completely and whont turn back on when i turn it off: my laptop suddenly turned completly off and wont turn back on unless i take out the battery and put it back in, when it powers off automatically or when i power it off it shuts down completely...
  6. laptop shuts down completely and whont turn back on when i turn it off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Driver power state failure when shutting down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Driver power state failure when shutting down: Recently I have been getting these blue screens whenever shut down or restart my pc, saying: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. I have tried running an SFC scan but that didn't help I uninstalled my graphic drivers but that still didn't help. Please provide me with some fixes as I...
  8. shut down does not turn off fan / laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    shut down does not turn off fan / laptop: I have Samsung laptop intel core i3 with windows 7 pro installed a week ago shut down does not turn off my pc completely and it need to turn it off manually by pressing the power button continuously and could not find any solutions. recently I have upgraded windows to...
  9. Shut down/Power off

Shut down/Power off: I have an HP laptop with windows 10 home. When I choose start/shut down, it closes everything and screen goes blank, but won't power down (off). It used to work. I have to manually turn it off....
  10. Turn off power strip after computer shut down

Turn off power strip after computer shut down: Hi, I posted earlier. I have a Dell Inspiron 3670 with Windows 10. When I turn off the computer (hit windows logo, hit the power button, hit shut down) after the computer screen is off (screen black) the power light stays on and the small light indicating internal hard...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows Power failure Shut down