Windows 10: My laptop shut off and won't turn back on.

Discus and support My laptop shut off and won't turn back on. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm having this issue where I'm just watching this random video on YouTube and talking to people and all of a sudden it says locking in the middle of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Etria, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Etria Win User

My laptop shut off and won't turn back on.

I'm having this issue where I'm just watching this random video on YouTube and talking to people and all of a sudden it says locking in the middle of the screen and starts shutting down or doing something. I was worried this might have been some bug so I held the power button until it turned off completely because I was worried if something we're to happen. Now I can't even turn my laptop back on. It still had plenty of battery but pressing the power button and holding it does nothing and there's no heat coming from it so it can't be overheating either. What do I do if there even is anything?

:)

Etria, Dec 2, 2019
  2. Msap14 Win User

laptop won't turn on

Dell Latitude D800

few hours ago i turned the laptop off by going to start menu, shut down, on an xp machine. the computer shut down normally but now when i try to turn it back on, nothing happens for a good 30 seconds then the HDD lights and power lights come on for a few seconds then turn off.

it's weird becasue, from what i have seen, the lights usually come on right away then turn right off (in similar situations) but this thing doesn't even try to turn on for a bit. What could be wrong?

things i have tried:
    -removed RAM, battery, wireless card, HDD... nothing happens
    -held power button for 10 seconds with battery in and out of machine while and while nt plugged in
    -Different power adapters

i am going to check the cmos battery but if anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated.

Msap14, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Heneral Luna, Dec 2, 2019
  4. My laptop shut off and won't turn back on.

Asus Transformer t100ta won´t turn on Win10

Yesterday was reading on it. All of a sudden turned off and now it won´t turn on

GabrielaAraya, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

My laptop shut off and won't turn back on.

1. My laptop shut off and won't turn back on. - Similar Threads - laptop shut off

2. Laptop shut off and will not turn on or charge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop shut off and will not turn on or charge: I was on my laptop when suddenly a heard a loud click, almost like when you manual would turn it off with the power button, and then it completely shut off. I tried turning it back on, I tried waiting a few hours to try again and nothing. I tried to charge it but the light...
  3. Laptop shut off and will not turn on or charge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shut off and will not turn on or charge: I was on my laptop when suddenly a heard a loud click, almost like when you manual would turn it off with the power button, and then it completely shut off. I tried turning it back on, I tried waiting a few hours to try again and nothing. I tried to charge it but the light...
  4. Laptop shut off and will not turn on or charge

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. My laptop won't turn off or on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won't turn off or on.: My laptop HP envy model 13 said it ran into an error and needed to restart. I think it might be a stopcode but I am not too sure. When my laptop reached 100% complete, it didnt turn on or off and has stated on the same blue screen for over an hour. I've tried turning it off...
  6. My laptop won't turn off or on.

My laptop won't turn off or on.: My laptop HP envy model 13 said it ran into an error and needed to restart. I think it might be a stopcode but I am not too sure. When my laptop reached 100% complete, it didnt turn on or off and has stated on the same blue screen for over an hour. I've tried turning it off...
  7. Force turn off now the laptop won't turn back on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Force turn off now the laptop won't turn back on: I had finished the work so I turn off the laptop but it turn back again so I thought I mistakly reboot instead so I turn it off again but the same thing happened so I hold the power button for 20 seconds to make a force shutdown. When I did this the led of the keyboard...
  8. Force turn off now the laptop won't turn back on

Force turn off now the laptop won't turn back on: I had finished the work so I turn off the laptop but it turn back again so I thought I mistakly reboot instead so I turn it off again but the same thing happened so I hold the power button for 20 seconds to make a force shutdown. When I did this the led of the keyboard...
  9. Laptop shut off and won't restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop shut off and won't restart: I have a 16-month old Lenovo Legion Y7000P-1060 that has been running great until a few minutes ago. I was watching a YouTube video when i heard a pop and it shut off and won't restart. I bought if from Costco so it is still under their Concierge warranty but before I go...
  10. Laptop shut down unexpectedly and won't turn back on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shut down unexpectedly and won't turn back on: As my title says, my laptop shut down on it's own and now won't turn back on... The power button glows on but nothing shows up on the screen, and after a while the power button turns back off. My laptop has been crashing for a while.now but always before I could turn it back...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. labtop was heated and shut off wont turn back on

2. x541u asus i turned it off.....it wont turn back off