Windows 10: My laptop shut off when I unplugg it

Discus and support My laptop shut off when I unplugg it in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having problems with my laptop, the battery shows it is fully charged but whenever I unplug it shuts off and it won't turn on until I plug... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Roxana18, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Roxana18 Win User

My laptop shut off when I unplugg it

Hello, I'm having problems with my laptop, the battery shows it is fully charged but whenever I unplug it shuts off and it won't turn on until I plug it again. Sometimes it does turn on for a while but after some time it shuts off again.

:)

Roxana18, Nov 21, 2018
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Laptop won't shut down

Hi Muhammad,

Most of the time, the issue regarding a device that won't shut down properly may be caused by a system conflict after an update or that there are some incompatibility issues. To assist you with this concern, we recommend that you run the troubleshooter.
    To do this, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Click on View all on the left-side of the page.
    • Click on each category below then follow the on-screen prompt to run the troubleshooter:
    • Background Intelligent Transfer Service
    • Hardware and Devices
    • Power
    • Windows Update
    Note: Make sure that you restart your PC after running the troubleshooter for each category.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Nov 21, 2018
  4. Cos17 Win User

I got a weird problem with my C2-01

Thank you for your reply Iris9290 !

I just did what u said step by step , but sadly the situation its the same.Right after i unplugg it from pc the phone restarts 3-4 times and than shuts down completely.Any other suggestions?

Cos17, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

1. My laptop shut off when I unplugg it - Similar Threads - laptop shut off

2. My Laptop shuts off automatically...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop shuts off automatically...: Sometimes while working, my laptop freezes for a second and then scree turns off and laptop turns off... Then i have to press power button to open it again....
  3. My Laptop shuts off automatically...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Laptop shuts off automatically...: Sometimes while working, my laptop freezes for a second and then scree turns off and laptop turns off... Then i have to press power button to open it again....
  4. Laptop shuts off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shuts off: I installed a new cooling fan in my HP laptop. Windows will not identify the new hardware. Since the last update a couple of days ago my laptop shuts off after a few minutes of inactivity. When I restart, I have to be quick to hit the enter button when the 15 second...
  5. My laptop shuts off without warning

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop shuts off without warning: My laptop shuts off without warning all the time. The battery percentage is always high and/or I'm charging my laptop. When I power my laptop on again, everything is as I left it. With the recent events happening and having to do online school, I don't want it to shut off...
  6. MY LAPTOP SCREEN SHUTS OFF WHEN I PLUG IT IN

in Windows 10 Customization
    MY LAPTOP SCREEN SHUTS OFF WHEN I PLUG IT IN: so I have tried a couple of things to try and remedy this situation, even uninstalling the graphics drivers and reinstalling them and it still shuts off when I plug it in. also when the drivers were uninstalled the problem was resolved, but as soon as they finished installing...
  7. Laptop half turns off when lid is shut

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop half turns off when lid is shut: when i close my laptop, there tends to be a high likely hood of it “turning off” while staying on. The screen goes black, as if it was off, but the power button stays on and the fan keeps running. I use my laptop in school a lot, and i had this happen to me on a day i didnt...
  8. Laptop randomly shuts off especially when unplugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop randomly shuts off especially when unplugged: My laptop is an Alienware 14 running Windows 10. Every few days or longer, it automatically turns off without warning, and does it a lot more often until I unplug it and wait a long time. It happens even more often whenever it's unplugged at any time. There's nothing wrong...
  9. shutting off my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    shutting off my laptop: I left click on the icon and choose shut down but it won't shut down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/shutting-off-my-laptop/2b81c875-c80b-4541-a41e-97cc8767d646"
  10. HP Laptop Shuts Off When Sleeping

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Laptop Shuts Off When Sleeping: Morning everyone! I'm writing with a question about my mom's laptop which is running Windows 10. Up until yesterday morning, it would go to sleep after 20 minutes and wake back up with the move of the mouse or a keypress. Now, when it goes to sleep, it completely powers...