Windows 10: my laptop shuts down after 3 hours of sleeping mode

Discus and support my laptop shuts down after 3 hours of sleeping mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Usually my laptop shuts down after 3 hours of sleeping. Why is it so? I know that a battery is not an issue because my machine is plugged in.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BernardRohde, Oct 14, 2018.

1. my laptop shuts down after 3 hours of sleeping mode

Usually my laptop shuts down after 3 hours of sleeping. Why is it so? I know that a battery is not an issue because my machine is plugged in.

:)

BernardRohde, Oct 14, 2018

2. Computer shuts down instead of going in to sleep mode

Since two weeks my Dell laptop is shutting down every time when:

• Closing the laptop
    • Pressing the power button short
    • Manually via the Start Menu
    All these options are set to Sleep Mode and not Shut Down.

EgonMeijers, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Komshija Win User
    Hibernate mode Vs Sleep Vs Hybrid sleep.

I usually choose "shut down" option on my PC. A few times I put my PC in "sleep" mode, but only when I planned to resume working on it after an hour or two. On laptop during my college days I used "sleep" option far more often, even overnight.

Komshija, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Henrai Win User

my laptop shuts down after 3 hours of sleeping mode

Shut down or Sleep Mode will cause endless Sleep Mode.

Hello, I am experiencing a problem with my laptop ever since I upgraded it from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 the day Windows 10 came up, and the problem is still an issue today. Whenever I want to shut down my laptop or put it to Sleep Mode, the screen will
    turn completely black and unusable, with the power remaining on, just like when you open your laptop screen when it has been in Sleep Mode before restoring to what you've been doing before.

The problem is when it does occur, it will not "wake up", remaining a black screen unless I shut down it by holding the Power button for about 4 seconds. This problem will occur whenever I put the laptop into Sleep Mode or shut down the laptop. It will lose
    all control over all the keys and mouse (expect the Power button), and will remain as if in Sleep Mode even if the screen is open. However, restarting the computer will work perfectly fine...

The only known way to prevent this is to hold down the Power button for about 4 seconds when the laptop is shutting down or activated Sleep Mode by closing the lid. Restarting the computer however allows the laptop to work, so it is just Sleep Mode and shut
    down. Very rarely when shutting down, it will work normally, but this will only occur once every 4 months or so, while Sleep Mode hasn't shown to work at all.

Henrai, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

my laptop shuts down after 3 hours of sleeping mode

1. my laptop shuts down after 3 hours of sleeping mode - Similar Threads - laptop shuts down

2. Windows intermittently shuts down after entering Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows intermittently shuts down after entering Sleep Mode: Hi all, Recently over the past few weeks my computer hasn't been able to enter sleep mode properly. I've got a bit of a strange PC build, which I'm sure is partly to blame, but seen as the problem is only fairly recent I'm not sure how to diagnose or begin to find out what's...
  3. Laptop shuts down when coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down when coming out of sleep mode: Hi Team, I am facing strange issue with my Windows. When ever I close the lid, the laptop goes into sleep mode but when I open the lid instead of coming out of the sleep mode, the laptop shuts down. This happens only when the charger is not connected i.e. the laptop is...
  4. PC shutting down after being in sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC shutting down after being in sleep mode?: I usually put my computer to sleep once I am done for the night but when I get back up in the morning to turn it on it just boots up from shut down mode instead of sleep mode. How do I fix this? submitted by /u/Not-Cynical [link] [comments]...
  5. Windows 10 - Laptop Shuts Down Automatically, After Being in Sleep Mode

Windows 10 - Laptop Shuts Down Automatically, After Being in Sleep Mode: I've had my new Lenovo laptop since August 2019, and the following started happening this week after I installed the latest MS updates on 2/11/20. When I close the lid or briefly push the power button, the laptop properly goes into the Sleep Mode this is the way I have it...
  6. Laptop Getting shut down when in sleep mode

Laptop Getting shut down when in sleep mode: hi, there's been a little issue with my laptop's power settings, i suppose. My laptop gets shut down when i close my lid to put to sleep mode. however it doesn't gets shut down within 1 hour or so but gets shut after more than 4-5 hrs. this doesn't happen to my brothers...
  7. Laptop shuts down after going to sleep periodically

Laptop shuts down after going to sleep periodically: It seems just as of late, I'm enjoying my computer being shut down after it goes to sleep. This only happens once in a bit. It does not appear to be heating up whatsoever and all else seems to be working flawlessly. The machine is four years old but never moved off my desk....
  8. Laptop crashing and shutting down when put in sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop crashing and shutting down when put in sleep mode: Hi, I'm having a crashing issue with a Toshiba Satellite S855-S5165 laptop. When the computer is put in sleep mode, the screen blacks out and the laptop freezes for ~ 5 minutes. After five minutes the laptop will crash and shutdown, generating a dump file. This happens...
  9. Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode: Hi all first time poster, So I'm having a major problem that I can't seem to fix. When I close the lid of my laptop, put it into sleep mode, or put it into hibernation mode, the laptop basically shuts down. The power light flashes on and off, but when I reopen the lid or...
  10. Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode: Hi all first time poster, So I'm having a major problem that I can't seem to fix. When I close the lid of my laptop, put it into sleep mode, or put it into hibernation mode, the laptop basically shuts down. The power light flashes on and off, but when I reopen the lid or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 laptop shuts down after time

2. windows 10 shutdown after 3 hours sleep

3. windows 10 shuts down every 3 hours