Windows 10: My laptop shuts down immediately after I turn it on, I don’t even see the log in screen...

Discus and support My laptop shuts down immediately after I turn it on, I don’t even see the log in screen... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So basically, I started my Lenovo laptop note I charged it for an hour already and the startup screen appears normal but then it just shuts down and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Anskar, Feb 23, 2024.

1. Anskar Win User

My laptop shuts down immediately after I turn it on, I don’t even see the log in screen...

So basically, I started my Lenovo laptop note I charged it for an hour already and the startup screen appears normal but then it just shuts down and boom it just black outAlso when trying to reboot it a couple times I catch a glimpse of a message saying ‘Citadal process died’I am suspecting a battery problem since the light near my charging port which is suppose to turn white if the battery is over 80% remains red. And I am certain the battery is over 80% since it showed one time during booting, and also last time when I used it my computer died because it ran out of battery.

:)

Anskar, Feb 23, 2024
  2. Leorick Win User

Windows 10 Shutdown - screen turns off immediately

Hello. I've been searching for a while on this and have not found a way. See, back during the Windows 7 days, when you shut down the system, it will log off and display the "Shutting Down" screen until it turns off power. But on Windows 10, when you shut down the system, it will log off and immediately turn off the screen/display even though you can still see drive activity, clearly showing that it is preparing to do so. Unfortunately, not everybody is running on SSD where shutting down is fast and almost instantaneous. There are still quite a few people running hardrives where shutting down a system takes some time. I know this may not be a big deal however, i noticed some of my clients and customers would turn off power immediately the moment the screen goes out. This leads to numerous partition errors/problems and at times damages the hardrive. Now is there are way to prevent windows 10 from turning the screen of immediately during shutdown? Thank you.

Leorick, Feb 23, 2024
  3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Feb 23, 2024
  4. My laptop shuts down immediately after I turn it on, I don’t even see the log in screen...

pc don´t shut dow, sleep or hibernate

hi.

when i click on shutdown/hibernate/sleep button in start menu, system performs a log out and screen goes off and nothing else. Fan are working and led light are on. I waited 30 min but it didn´t shut down. In this state it woke up when touch pad or keyboard
    used and you face a welcome picture and log in screen. hibernating goes the same way. But that doesn´t work, only sleep and restart button work as expected.

the problem start after i install windows 10 (I had Windows 8). I think it´s not from the hardware and I also tried the power energy options and it didn´t work.

My laptop is a HP and I tried install the drivers from Win 8 and automatically installed again the Win10 ones.

Help please?

catarinaborges, Feb 23, 2024
Thema:

My laptop shuts down immediately after I turn it on, I don’t even see the log in screen...

1. My laptop shuts down immediately after I turn it on, I don’t even see the log in screen... - Similar Threads - laptop shuts down

2. My laptop shuts down immediately after I turn it on, I don’t even see the log in screen...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop shuts down immediately after I turn it on, I don’t even see the log in screen...: So basically, I started my Lenovo laptop note I charged it for an hour already and the startup screen appears normal but then it just shuts down and boom it just black outAlso when trying to reboot it a couple times I catch a glimpse of a message saying ‘Citadal process...
  3. My laptop instantly turns on after i shut it down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop instantly turns on after i shut it down.: Someone help me pkease https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-instantly-turns-on-after-i-shut-it-down/4de14ecd-2548-4396-8426-108f160d78c8
  4. My laptop instantly turns on after i shut it down.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop instantly turns on after i shut it down.: Someone help me pkease https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-instantly-turns-on-after-i-shut-it-down/4de14ecd-2548-4396-8426-108f160d78c8
  5. Laptop shutting down a couple seconds after I log in.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shutting down a couple seconds after I log in.: So my laptop usually works just fine but one day it just doesn't. When I turn my laptop on it is perfectly fine on the login screen so i don't believe its and over heating problem or something like that. Its only when i enter my passcode and am on my home screen my curser...
  6. Computer turns on immediately after sleep and shut down

Computer turns on immediately after sleep and shut down: I've been having this issue for a while now, so I don't really remember what is the start of it. But whenever I turn off or put my computer in sleep mode, it turns right back on. I've actually just got done doing a complete system reset on my pc, but still having the same...
  7. My laptop keeps turning on automatically after I shut it down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop keeps turning on automatically after I shut it down: It has been more than a week since this issue has occurred, now I've tried several "solutions" but my pc still keeps do it again and I need the pc to work for my career please help me!...
  8. Laptop shuts down immediately after startup.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shuts down immediately after startup.: i have an ASUS ROG GL503GE i7 8th gen 16 GB RAM 256 GB SSD 1TB HDD So the problem is that my laptop shuts down like 5-10 mins after booting up . post shut down my laptop doesn't boot up , any attempt to power it back on would lead to the keyboard back light and the screen...
  9. Laptop shuts down immediately after startup.

Laptop shuts down immediately after startup.: i have an ASUS ROG GL503GE i7 8th gen 16 GB RAM 256 GB SSD 1TB HDD So the problem is that my laptop shuts down like 5-10 mins after booting up . post shut down my laptop doesn't boot up , any attempt to power it back on would lead to the keyboard back light and the screen...
  10. laptop is immediately restarting after I shut it down

in Windows 10 Support
    laptop is immediately restarting after I shut it down: This happened to me for the first time earlier today. I clicked 'shut down' on my HP laptop, the screen did the usual thing and went black, but then just a few seconds later the screen lit up with the 'welcome' page. Did the same thing several times and then I had to leave...