Windows 10: My laptop shuts down when opening games such as sims 4, the last of us etc.

Discus and support My laptop shuts down when opening games such as sims 4, the last of us etc. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have tried updating my nvidia graphics card and update windows to lates version. My pc's specs:Processor 12th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1240P 1.70 GHz... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Hannah Cathrine, Jun 15, 2024.

1. My laptop shuts down when opening games such as sims 4, the last of us etc.

I have tried updating my nvidia graphics card and update windows to lates version. My pc's specsMy laptop shuts down when opening games such as sims 4, the last of us etc. :processor 12th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1240P 1.70 GHz Installed RAM 16,0 GBSystemtype 64-bit operativsystem, x64-baseret processor Graphics card Geforce RTX 3050 4gb vram

:)

Hannah Cathrine, Jun 15, 2024
  2. Brink Win User

The Sims 4 Base Game (Standard Edition) FREE for a limited time

Read more:

Brink, Jun 15, 2024
  3. Brink Win User
    The Sims 4 Base Game (Standard Edition) FREE for a limited time

Read more:

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

Brink, Jun 15, 2024
  4. Tenforo Active Member

My laptop shuts down when opening games such as sims 4, the last of us etc.

Sims 4 deleting custom content

Hello KayleeAdams,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To address your concern, kindly help us with the following questions:

1. Which version of Windows is installed on your machine?
    2. Are you accessing the game on Xbox device or Windows PC?

I would suggest you to enable custom content option and see if that works. To do that,

• Go to Game options > Other >
      Enable Custom Content and Mods.
    • If it isn’t ticked, place a tick mark and
      exit the game.
    • Later, get back to your game and see if your custom context is present.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to contact The Sims 4 Official Support from the following link:

https://help.ea.com/en/the-sims/the-sims-4/

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Tenforo, Jun 15, 2024
Thema:

My laptop shuts down when opening games such as sims 4, the last of us etc.

1. My laptop shuts down when opening games such as sims 4, the last of us etc. - Similar Threads - laptop shuts down

2. My laptop shuts down when opening games such as sims 4, the last of us etc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop shuts down when opening games such as sims 4, the last of us etc.: I have tried updating my nvidia graphics card and update windows to lates version. My pc's specs:Processor 12th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1240P 1.70 GHz Installed RAM 16,0 GBSystemtype 64-bit operativsystem, x64-baseret processor Graphics card Geforce RTX 3050 4gb vram...
  3. I tried to launch my sims 4 game but it wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I tried to launch my sims 4 game but it wont open: I am not sure why my Sims 4 game is not launching, I thought by deleting the EA app would help but it didn't it just caused more problems with redownloading it. But I have the app again and my laptop keeps freezing randomly so I'm not sure what's wrong. I don't know if I...
  4. I tried to launch my sims 4 game but it wont open

I tried to launch my sims 4 game but it wont open: I am not sure why my Sims 4 game is not launching, I thought by deleting the EA app would help but it didn't it just caused more problems with redownloading it. But I have the app again and my laptop keeps freezing randomly so I'm not sure what's wrong. I don't know if I...
  5. My laptop shutting down when opening game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop shutting down when opening game: Before I format my laptop, there is an issue when I open an application more specific a game it shut down automatically. To confirm that only games make it shut down I open some software applications and there were no issues.The applications I open when my laptop shut down...
  6. My laptop shutting down when opening game

My laptop shutting down when opening game: Before I format my laptop, there is an issue when I open an application more specific a game it shut down automatically. To confirm that only games make it shut down I open some software applications and there were no issues.The applications I open when my laptop shut down...
  7. Laptop shut down automatically when playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shut down automatically when playing games: [ATTACH] hi, My laptop will keep sudden shuting down when i playing computer games. This has never happened before previously. Anyone can help me how to solve the issue? have clear the fans of laptop to rule out laptop overheating issue....
  8. PC shuts down when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shuts down when gaming: Whenever I try to game, or run a benchmark test, my system shuts off. This problem seems to of started when installing an additional monitor, though thats not a guarentee. I am assuming the Problem is with my PSU however, i have checked, and it should provide sufficient...
  9. Game -Sims 4

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Game -Sims 4: Hello i have a Microsoft Surface Laptop Intel Core i7-7660U/512GB SSD/16GB RAM will it be able to run the Sims 4 with all exapansion packs and different Mods? thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-sims-4/0021b1a9-9c5a-4ff4-b5d0-fcbdd4db5b15
  10. BSOD when shutting down or opening a game.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when shutting down or opening a game.: I can't open dumps from this machine (such as the one attached) with WinDBG and I'm not sure why (I did verify I can open the test dump of the instructions). Code: Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\SymCache*Symbol information Executable search path is: Unable to load image...