Windows 10: my laptop shutsdown while gaming and have low display memry of 128 mb

Discus and support my laptop shutsdown while gaming and have low display memry of 128 mb in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; hello everyone i have acer laptop with 16 gb ram.. recently while gaming my laptop shuts down automatically while gaming and i run DirectX diagnostic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KhalidWazir Muhammad, Oct 19, 2019.

1. my laptop shutsdown while gaming and have low display memry of 128 mb

hello everyone i have acer laptop with 16 gb ram.. recently while gaming my laptop shuts down automatically while gaming and i run DirectX diagnostic tool and found out that its shows my approx. total memory at 8277mb and display memory at 128mb ..i was wondering if that could be the problem my laptop shuts down while gaming and if anyone knows how to fix it if it is??...and if anyone knows what could be causing my laptop to shutdown??i don't know much about laptops rams and all but i thought maybe that was the problem please help

:)

KhalidWazir Muhammad, Oct 19, 2019
  2. Jetster Win User

Laptop display question

Confusing statement! You want to change the display on your laptop that died?

Is that correct?

How do you know its the display that's bad?

Just google "how to change display on a acer 5745"

Should get you to step by step instructions. But first make sure its the display that's bad

Jetster, Oct 19, 2019
  3. Deletion of 128 MB reserved partition in Windows 10

I deleted the 128 MB reserved partition and extended the EFI system reserved partition to include the now unallocated 128 MB space using MiniTool. The total size of the EFI partition is now around 388 MB. Before applying both changes I cloned my SSD drive
    so that I could replace the boot drive in my laptop should it no longer be able to boot up. After applying the changes, I did a system reboot and everything was fine. I ran for a while and then I applied the latest Microsoft updates that I have heretofore
    been unable to apply. That took about 1/2 hour. The reboot caused by those updates also worked fine and I am now running with the latest Windows 10 updates. I checked the size of my EFI system reserved partition after applying the updates and the increase
    in size was small ( 200K ).

If you can clone your hard drive as I did so that you have a backup boot disk then I would advise you to try deleting the 128 MB reserved partition.

john milford, Oct 19, 2019
  4. my laptop shutsdown while gaming and have low display memry of 128 mb

Low FPS in Gaming

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Firstly, you may try to uninstall and reinstall the game and check if it helps.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Display driver in Compatibility mode and check if it works for you.
    Refer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode. Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for
      “and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Oct 19, 2019
Thema:

my laptop shutsdown while gaming and have low display memry of 128 mb

1. my laptop shutsdown while gaming and have low display memry of 128 mb - Similar Threads - laptop shutsdown while

2. low respond time while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    low respond time while gaming: hey, so my problem is that when i'm playing a game Valorant by exemple. when i touch the key to go left or any other direction, it takes like a second or two before it realy does go left. the weird part is that it happens only at the fisrt thirthy minutes and after that it...
  3. low respond time while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    low respond time while gaming: hey, so my problem is that when i'm playing a game Valorant by exemple. when i touch the key to go left or any other direction, it takes like a second or two before it realy does go left. the weird part is that it happens only at the fisrt thirthy minutes and after that it...
  4. Extremely Low Cpu Usage While Gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extremely Low Cpu Usage While Gaming: While gaming the internet tells me that my cpu usage is supposed to be atleast 50-70%, however while I am playing games my cpu usage is literally 1%!. i dont know what is going oni have acer nitro 5 gtx 165016 gb ram11 gen intel R 11300H @ 3.10GHzside note my gpu runs at 100%...
  5. Laptop shutsdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shutsdown: I am facing few issues in my W10 laptop Ilife Zed.1Without pressing power button when I put for charging,laptop will turn on and shutdown within 2 sec. 2 To turn on laptop at least I need to hold power button for 15sec otherwise it will shutdown.Initially it keeps turning off...
  6. LOW CPU SPEED WHILE GAMING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LOW CPU SPEED WHILE GAMING: I have a problem with my laptop L340-15IRH Gaming Laptop IdeaPad. it started 2 weeks ago.my CPU goes from 4.19 GHz to 0.9 GHz after 5 min of playing any game like control assassins creed unity/origin/Valhalla/ battlefield 5 / Nioh 2 then sudden FPS from something like 60 fps...
  7. Laptop shutsdown on its own

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop shutsdown on its own: I dont know if this is the right place to ask for help but i got a Laptop which went off on its own a couple times , it was during a gaming session on League of legends just to be precise and right after i did the update that same dayit happened just in the early mornings...
  8. Low usage on Graphics card while gaming

Low usage on Graphics card while gaming: Hi, for about a week after updating my Windows, I have noticed a huge problem while gaming. My GPU is only getting 2 to 3% utilization while gaming, down from 98%. The best example I have is when playing CS: GO, before the update I had 370+FPS, now I have about 30... It's not...
  9. Laptop shutsdown and monitor acts weird while playing games and watching movies!!

Laptop shutsdown and monitor acts weird while playing games and watching movies!!: Ive been playin games and watching movies completely fine on my laptop, Acer Aspire E 15 core i5 8th gen. The issue started when an update or upgrade of windows 10 automatically commenced and it can not be stopped so i trusted it will make my experience better though its...
  10. 128 MB other partition

in Windows 10 Support
    128 MB other partition: Does anyone know what these 128 MB "other partitions" are that show up with Partition Wizard ? They do not show up in Disk Management. I`d like to delete them if possible. If it`s nothing to worry about, then I`ll just leave them be. Thanks, Brian *Smile 83251