Windows 10: My laptop shutting down during reset and turning back on

Discus and support My laptop shutting down during reset and turning back on in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to reset my laptop so when it had reset everything it started download windows again, however once it came to 64% it would shut down start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChristianAnglin, Mar 6, 2020.

1. My laptop shutting down during reset and turning back on

I'm trying to reset my laptop so when it had reset everything it started download windows again, however once it came to 64% it would shut down start up on its own and greet me to a welcome screen once it starts loading for a second it says it's downloading windows then shuts back down and repeat the process anything I can do to fix this?

:)

ChristianAnglin, Mar 6, 2020

2. laptop shut down while i first turn the power on after upgrading to win10

hello,

thanks for your help,

i follow the first step and didnt find any problem,

and then i boot my laptop in safe mode with network ,

it can successfully be shut down and turn on ,

then i leave the safe mode and turn off the windows fast startup,

now my laptop can shut down and turn on normally like it used to be,

but the problem still exist when i hibernate my laptop,

when i reboot from hibernate state , it still shut down itself after the windows icon shows up.

waiting for your suggestion, thanks!

Best regards,

Roger Yang

chi hsien yang, Mar 6, 2020
  3. Laptop doesn't shut down properly

Over the past week, I realized whenever I would turn my laptop on, it would state that it was charging, which was weird since it stayed plugged in to an outlet all of the time. I tried to find what was causing this and it turns out, my laptop does not shut down properly. After shutting down via the OS, my laptop's screen would turn black but I could still feel heat being blown out of the exhaust. I searched the web for solutions and already did what was suggested: disabling Fast Startup in Power Options in the Control Panel. I have also reset the BIOS to its default settings. The problem still persists. Please help!

djdelarosa25, Mar 6, 2020
  4. cereberus Win User

My laptop shutting down during reset and turning back on

Laptop doesn't shut down properly

Try using alt+f4, shutdown.

cereberus, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

My laptop shutting down during reset and turning back on

1. My laptop shutting down during reset and turning back on - Similar Threads - laptop shutting down

2. During reset was pc shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    During reset was pc shut down: Hello, I have a problem with my pc. During reseting my pc fall down electric and pc was shut down. After that, everytime when i trying to finish reset showed me this. Can somebody help me what i shoud do?...
  3. During reset was pc shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    During reset was pc shut down: Hello, I have a problem with my pc. During reseting my pc fall down electric and pc was shut down. After that, everytime when i trying to finish reset showed me this. Can somebody help me what i shoud do?...
  4. Shut down power during resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shut down power during resetting: I reset the computer and I accidentally shut the power downI try winre and troubleshooting, I can’t reset the progress and repairAnd I can’t use winre anymore again even serveral method I can’t even go to login screen It keep blinking and hp sign It keeps having hard disk...
  5. Shut down power during resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shut down power during resetting: I reset the computer and I accidentally shut the power downI try winre and troubleshooting, I can’t reset the progress and repairAnd I can’t use winre anymore again even serveral method I can’t even go to login screen It keep blinking and hp sign It keeps having hard disk...
  6. Shut down power during resetting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. My laptop said shutting down and won’t turn back on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop said shutting down and won’t turn back on: Is was using this thing called rainmaker and i was using it to customise my laptop and my laptop suddenly said shutting down and now its on a blank screen black. I would normally just turn it on however it says its on im using an hp pavilion and the button to turn it off and...
  8. My laptop shut down and wont turn back on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop shut down and wont turn back on: My hp laptop just shut down and wont turn on during my online classes can anyone help submitted by /u/chandraryanmaharia [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jwxk7b/my_laptop_shut_down_and_wont_turn_back_on/
  9. pc shut down during reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    pc shut down during reset: hi all, was resetting my windows 10 pc when the thing shut down (probably from overheating) and it now says I need to reinstall my BCD. does anyone know where I can find the place to do that? submitted by /u/murderducky1 [link] [comments]...
  10. PC shutting down during the windows update and not turning back on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC shutting down during the windows update and not turning back on: I have tried twice to update windows as prompted by my PC. Both times, the computer shut down during the process on it's own and did not turn back on. It says it will restart many times during the process, but I don't think it's supposed to shut down completely. I don't touch...