Windows 10: My laptop slowed down unbearably recently I tried to reset it is showing there was problem...

Discus and support My laptop slowed down unbearably recently I tried to reset it is showing there was problem... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop slowed down unbearablyit is taking hours to start recently I tried to reset it is showing there was problem resetting your pc no changes were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by vssd3, Sep 23, 2020.

1. vssd3 Win User

My laptop slowed down unbearably recently I tried to reset it is showing there was problem...

My laptop slowed down unbearablyit is taking hours to start recently I tried to reset it is showing there was problem resetting your pc no changes were made

:)

vssd3, Sep 23, 2020
  2. Clem Win User

Multiple Issues After Resetting Laptop

Hi,

I recently reset my laptop and since then I've been experiencing a whole host of issues:

• Windows search bar doesn't work
    • Shop app won't open
    • Won't allow me to change location settings
    • Clock/calendar on my toolbar is unresponsive when I click on it

Any ideas what the problem might be, please? Advice / suggestions are very much appreciated!

Cheers,

3. user24752 Win User
    Win 10 - HDD is unbearably slow

Since the upgrade from Win8.1 to Win10, the HDD of my laptop became unbearably slow. Please look at these transfer speeds:

My laptop slowed down unbearably recently I tried to reset it is showing there was problem... 4QQ2J.png

0.3MB/sec????? Floppy drives had such a transfer rate. My laptop slowed down unbearably recently I tried to reset it is showing there was problem... :)

The laptop is 6 months old, a Lenovo Yoga core i5. The HDD is Western Digital Blue UltraSlim 500GB (WD5000MPCK) type.
    All drivers are up to date (according to Device Manager).
    I have ESET Nod32 virus scanner installed.

I turned off Windows write-cache buffer flushing as recommended here, but that did not help. Do you have any advice?

UPDATE:

Symptoms: After upgrade to Win10, the laptop became unbearably slow using 100% HDD all the time. After restart, I have to leave the laptop unattended for approx 5-10 minutes, until the HDD catches up and have some breath.

Tried (and failed) treatments:
    I turned off indexing service to lower HDD load, I did de-fragmenting, none helped.

Measurable issues: The laptop is unable to play back HD videos taken by mobile phone (6 min = 1.2GB) because of HDD starvation. Pendrive transfer rate of huge video files is steady 6MB/sec (same pendrive on other laptop showed 23MB/s).

user24752, Sep 23, 2020
  4. My laptop slowed down unbearably recently I tried to reset it is showing there was problem...

Recent reset of my laptop

Thanks for getting back, Calvin. Have you recently installed any updates? If not, we suggest checking and installing any available updates. Please see Check for updates from the link,

Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana
    for the steps and for the other troubleshooting suggestions.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

My laptop slowed down unbearably recently I tried to reset it is showing there was problem...

1. My laptop slowed down unbearably recently I tried to reset it is showing there was problem... - Similar Threads - laptop slowed down

2. My computer has slowed down recently.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer has slowed down recently.: A couple days ago my computer was working fine running ~100 fps on games and now averages 20 fps. I have cleaned my computer up and got rid of viruses. My internet is fine and other computers in my house are working perfectly fine. Reading other things, I have only found how...
  3. My computer has slowed down recently.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer has slowed down recently.: A couple days ago my computer was working fine running ~100 fps on games and now averages 20 fps. I have cleaned my computer up and got rid of viruses. My internet is fine and other computers in my house are working perfectly fine. Reading other things, I have only found how...
  4. Offline maps download unbearably slow!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Offline maps download unbearably slow!!!: Microsoft using dial-up for this function?Try it yourself before you ask me any questions. Region USA/Missouri. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/offline-maps-download-unbearably-slow/6ee1a581-c19b-4f2b-9232-9fe63cc60548
  5. My laptop is slowing down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop is slowing down: My Laptop is slowing down after some time of usage. It usually slows down after I close the lid and open it back. My CPU is Ryzen 7 3700x and RAM is 16 gb so I don't think there's any problem with the specs. The laptop is brand new. When my laptop slows down it acts like when...
  6. laptop slowing down

laptop slowing down: my laptop system become hang when try to play any video on edge.. just happen today.. i dont know what to do anymore.. i can't do anything when laptop slowing down and disk become 100%.. please help.....
  7. Laptop slowed down

Laptop slowed down: I installed the last Windows update and the laptop has slowed down a lot - now I often get the 'not responding '' and there is a long delay between the moment I type on the keyboard and the moment it appears on the screen this happens especially with Facebook, but not...
  8. Slow down laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Slow down laptop: After installing the latest update of windows 10, my new laptop becomes slow, what should i do?? Before udate it was running smoothly. Please help and tell me anyone is facing same kind of problem. Please....
  9. Windows 10 UNBEARABLY slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 UNBEARABLY slow: Everything is slow. Maximizing a window. Opening explorer, going to a website on any browser. It's suddenly extremely slow. I've tried restarting and hard resetting several times. Every suggestion every tech blog has. Nothing will fix the horrid sluggishness of Windows 10....
  10. Laptop slowed down in general despite factory reset

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop slowed down in general despite factory reset: Hi! Happy to be on this forum! I used to have an account associated with windows vista a long time ago, so I know these forums can be a great help! I am running into issues with my small laptop (HP 14inch Stream) and would highly appreciate your help and advice! It...