Windows 10: My laptop speakers are not working and I have no clue why...

Discus and support My laptop speakers are not working and I have no clue why... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So last night I was playing a game and I muted it for a while so I could take to someone on the phone and when I got off the call and unmuted the game,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PriyaK_887, Dec 7, 2019.

1. My laptop speakers are not working and I have no clue why...

So last night I was playing a game and I muted it for a while so I could take to someone on the phone and when I got off the call and unmuted the game, no sound came out. I was confused as to what problem I was having. I checked to see if it was just in game, but when I pulled up YouTube and tried to watch a video, no sound came out. The speakers weren't muted in any way. I tried to troubleshoot the problem and the troubleshooter didn't find anything. My driver is up to date as well. When I used Bluetooth headphones, I could hear sound just fine. I also tested the speakers in the audio settings, and the test worked and sound came out. So why are my speakers not working anywhere else?

:)

PriyaK_887, Dec 7, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Windows 10 recognizes my UE Megaboom as a headset and not a speaker will not work?

Hi Rachael,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you try the steps listed below and check if it works. This issue could be because of the Headphones BT SPEAKER Stereo being set as default. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Pair the speaker with your PC.
    • Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device Manager.

• Expand Sound, video, and game controllers
      and right click on your Bluetooth speaker (BT SPEAKER Stereo).
    • Choose Disable and acknowledge the confirmation popup. Wait for the screen to refresh.
    • Right click on the same device again and Enable.
    • Exit Device Manager and see if the issue persist.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Dec 7, 2019
  3. Ivy Mun Win User
    Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Dec 7, 2019
  4. My laptop speakers are not working and I have no clue why...

Laptop speakers not working

I have an Acer E5-573G-34QR laptop, and I have recently upgraded the os on my system to Windows 10, but since then my laptop's internal speakers have stopped working though the audio jack works just fine. I would be very glad if someone helps, please suggest
    a solution.

Shashwat Sinha, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

My laptop speakers are not working and I have no clue why...

1. My laptop speakers are not working and I have no clue why... - Similar Threads - laptop speakers are

2. I have issue in my laptop speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have issue in my laptop speaker: I have issue in my laptop speaker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-issue-in-my-laptop-speaker/bcbcbc45-4b99-4797-b145-24ce63138539
  3. I have issue in my laptop speaker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have issue in my laptop speaker: I have issue in my laptop speaker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-issue-in-my-laptop-speaker/bcbcbc45-4b99-4797-b145-24ce63138539
  4. I have issue in my laptop speaker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer is suddenly really slow, and I have no clue why

Computer is suddenly really slow, and I have no clue why: I was watching Netflix, not really paying attention to my computer. Suddenly it powers off, no clue why, thought it was a overheat which I later found out no. Booted it back up, powered off again whenever I opened Opera GX. Opened it up again, the third time it didn't power...
  6. Computer is suddenly really slow, and I have no clue why

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer is suddenly really slow, and I have no clue why: I was watching Netflix, not really paying attention to my computer. Suddenly it powers off, no clue why, thought it was a overheat which I later found out no. Booted it back up, powered off again whenever I opened Opera GX. Opened it up again, the third time it didn't power...
  7. my game randomly stopped working and i have no clue why

my game randomly stopped working and i have no clue why: my game randomly stopped working and i have no clue why plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-game-randomly-stopped-working-and-i-have-no/ebb4b7a2-e617-474f-973c-8aeec4a94d06
  8. my game randomly stopped working and i have no clue why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my game randomly stopped working and i have no clue why: my game randomly stopped working and i have no clue why plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-game-randomly-stopped-working-and-i-have-no/ebb4b7a2-e617-474f-973c-8aeec4a94d06
  9. I have no clue why my pc feels so sluggish..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have no clue why my pc feels so sluggish..: Today morning it was all okay, I booted up my game (destiny 2), played for 20-30 minutes then closed it..and ever since my pc feels SLUGGISH.. I have done everything in my ability to make it better, from restarting multiple times, clearing temp files, cleaning registry,...
  10. Terrible performance, and I have no clue why

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Terrible performance, and I have no clue why: Recently, my computer started to experience big issues playing YouTube videos. I used to be able to watch 1080p60 quality just fine (provided that nothing was loading the network), but now I'm basically stuck to 480p. The videos "buffer" even when there is already buffered...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my speakders on hp elitebook stopped working