Windows 10: My laptop stopped connecting to my internet connection

Discus and support My laptop stopped connecting to my internet connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; No internet to my laptop.Tried restarting,shut down and various typesbut keeps coming back to log in screen and does not recognise passwords.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SamuelMenzies, Nov 22, 2018.

1. My laptop stopped connecting to my internet connection

No internet to my laptop.Tried restarting,shut down and various typesbut keeps coming back to log in screen and does not recognise passwords.

:)

SamuelMenzies, Nov 22, 2018
  2. akhlaq768 Win User

Connecting Laptop to the Internet, No connection

Trying to connect to the Internet using my Laptop. (not via the wireless router, but through the Ethernet cable)

My existing PC is connected to the Internet via an Ethernet cable, which is connected to the Broadband Modem (Virgin).

What I have tried to do, is take the Ethernet cable from my PC and connect it to the Laptop... Unfortunately, the Laptop isnt connecting to the Internet...

I have tried repairing the Network, with no success.

I am using the same cable, which was connected to the PC...

I do get error messages, when I click on repair in the Network Connection Tab. Its says it cannot assign an IP address.

I am Using Windows XP Home Edition.

I've tried using the Ping via cmd ping localhost or 127.0.0.1

I get the following results -

Packets: Sent = 4, Recieved = 4, Lost = 0(0%0)

Also done the following -

1. Start Internet Explorer.
    2. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
    3. Click the Connections tab.
    4. Under Dial-up and VPN Settings, click the broadband connection, click Settings, and then click Automatically detect settings.
    5. Click OK.

..... with no luck

What do I do guys?

akhlaq768, Nov 22, 2018
  3. akhlaq768 Win User
    Connecting Laptop to the Internet, No connection

I thought of that the other day... enter the same detail into the laptop... but no luck mate...

this laptop was connected to the internet via the wireless router... but the router died on me.. now im using the cable...

akhlaq768, Nov 22, 2018
  4. quasar923 Win User

My laptop stopped connecting to my internet connection

internet connection problem- help

my internet connection suddenly failed about 2 days ago. we had to power cycyle the the router and modem. the other computers on the same router network were able to connect. my computer upstairs still had the same problem. i am using my laptop now with the same eathernet connection my computer that doesnt get a connection with and the internet works fine on the laptop. it just randomly stoped working and idk what to do now. the cable is fine because i am able to use the laptop on it and the laptop doesnt get wireless so i know its not the cable. my computer is in the system specs. ive tried setting defualts in bios and that doesnt work either. ive turned my firewall off and that doesnt help either. any suggestions?

quasar923, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

My laptop stopped connecting to my internet connection

1. My laptop stopped connecting to my internet connection - Similar Threads - laptop stopped connecting

2. My Laptop won't connect to the internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop won't connect to the internet.: My Laptop will connect but have no internet. I do not have access to the router or ethernet. I am using a "public" wifi that I pay monthly for. I can connect with my phone no problem, everyone else on the building is fine too. My Laptop Katana GF76 12UE usually connects fine....
  3. My Laptop won't connect to the internet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Laptop won't connect to the internet.: My Laptop will connect but have no internet. I do not have access to the router or ethernet. I am using a "public" wifi that I pay monthly for. I can connect with my phone no problem, everyone else on the building is fine too. My Laptop Katana GF76 12UE usually connects fine....
  4. My laptop connected to internet but no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop connected to internet but no internet: My laptop got connected with wifi but has no internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-connected-to-internet-but-no-internet/45f4b5ae-3c84-4d9d-92ec-ef868692e2eb
  5. My laptop connected to internet but no internet

My laptop connected to internet but no internet: My laptop got connected with wifi but has no internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-connected-to-internet-but-no-internet/45f4b5ae-3c84-4d9d-92ec-ef868692e2eb
  6. stop slowing my internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    stop slowing my internet connection: dear midcrosoftyou can't slow my internet connection, who do you think you are.yesterday you lagging my pc, now you slowing my internet connection.no wonder you have a lot of negative thing on midcrosoft & weirdows 10...
  7. stop slowing my internet connection

stop slowing my internet connection: dear midcrosoftyou can't slow my internet connection, who do you think you are.yesterday you lagging my pc, now you slowing my internet connection.no wonder you have a lot of negative thing on midcrosoft & weirdows 10...
  8. stop slowing my internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. My laptop won't connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won't connect to the internet: I tried everything but it doesn't work. The only thing I can get access to my internet is through a ethernet cable. I tried to rest my laptop. But on my device Manger it shows an yellow triangle intalR Wi-fi 6 AC201 170MHz...
  10. internet connection problems on my laptop

internet connection problems on my laptop: I have connected my Laptop to the internet via an ethernet, when I create a hotspot with it, the only website i can access is YouTube and google. when i turn it off, all websites works just fine. initially it worked fine, how do i fix this to both work as before? it is like...