Windows 10: My laptop stuck in getting things better for more than 1 month for updating updating...

Discus and support My laptop stuck in getting things better for more than 1 month for updating updating... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Some times showing downloading. Some times showing installing, Then showing getting things ready, This is continuing more than 1 month. I can not able... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bijuabrahamangamaly, Jul 30, 2019.

1. My laptop stuck in getting things better for more than 1 month for updating updating...

Some times showing downloading. Some times showing installing, Then showing getting things ready, This is continuing more than 1 month. I can not able to update version 1903,

:)

bijuabrahamangamaly, Jul 30, 2019
  2. MIkew365 Win User

Windows Update Stuck

Updating my laptop which I haven't used for 6 months.
    I go to Settings, Update and Security, and there are a list of 10 updates, 2 of which say pending install, the others say pending download. Left laptop on overnight and still saying the same this morning.
    Ran Windows Troubleshooting Updates twice, both times found no problem.
    Have good Wi-Fi signal. Have re-booted several times. Now stuck. Can you please suggest how I get round this please.

MIkew365, Jul 30, 2019
  3. windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 30, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

My laptop stuck in getting things better for more than 1 month for updating updating...

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

My laptop stuck in getting things better for more than 1 month for updating updating...

1. My laptop stuck in getting things better for more than 1 month for updating updating... - Similar Threads - laptop stuck getting

2. My system stuck on working on update at 19% from more than 1 hour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My system stuck on working on update at 19% from more than 1 hour: My system stuck on working on update at 19% from more than 1 hour https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-system-stuck-on-working-on-update-at-19-from/ec540592-a2ef-497e-b1aa-ccd9eb9f3d61
  3. My system stuck on working on update at 19% from more than 1 hour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My system stuck on working on update at 19% from more than 1 hour: My system stuck on working on update at 19% from more than 1 hour https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-system-stuck-on-working-on-update-at-19-from/ec540592-a2ef-497e-b1aa-ccd9eb9f3d61
  4. Stuck on an update more than 24 hours ago

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on an update more than 24 hours ago: The Windows update arrived today, and this is where my system is currently. Endless update in progress, and I'm a bit frustrated why I should run into this issue through your updates. I don't have the ability to figure this out on my own. Please help, everything was fine...
  5. Can't delay Updates more than 1 month.

Can't delay Updates more than 1 month.: Hello, I have Windows 10 Pro, and last update I did, was on 17th February. Problem is; since that 17th February, I can't delay updates more than 24th March. This is barely a little more than 30 days. It should be at least 90 days, and I know that with Pro version you could...
  6. More than 1 sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    More than 1 sign in: I have windows 10. I have had only one microsoft account that is an auto sign in and I don't remember what the old password was. Now I have a another account that I want to be separate from the first one. When signing in, there is the date and time page; then there is the...
  7. Update annoying more than a month.

Update annoying more than a month.: Update annoying more than a month. Last time three days update continued if 100% arrived message appears. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 - Error 0x80244018. Really annoying update i can'nt use the computer....
  8. Technical question about updates for more than 1 month

Technical question about updates for more than 1 month: In order to save time and hassle I update my old laptop by downloading update packages from the catalog website on my PC and transferring the files on to its hard drive and running them. I have now got 2 months of updates to do which means: cumulative KB4456655 for September...
  9. Data Usage for more than a month

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data Usage for more than a month: Hi , How can I see my network data usage for more than a month under "Settings>>Netwok&Internet>>DataUsage" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/data-usage-for-more-than-a-month/20df901d-e853-4cd0-8658-aa47db60dd71
  10. Hmm... Overall I think Win8(.1 update 1) is better than Win10.

in Windows 10 Support
    Hmm... Overall I think Win8(.1 update 1) is better than Win10.: "Reset This PC" Confusion Firstly it seems MS have gotten-rid of the 'Refresh This PC' terminology to describe the distinction between keeping files but keeping settings/apps intact, or removing both files and apps/settings (the old Reset This PC). After you make this first...