Windows 10: My laptop suddenly cannot connect normally

Discus and support My laptop suddenly cannot connect normally in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My laptop suddenly cannot connect to the internet. It can still detect Wi-Fi devices. My other devices can connect normally but this laptop can't. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Calmsea, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Calmsea Win User

My laptop suddenly cannot connect normally

My laptop suddenly cannot connect to the internet. It can still detect Wi-Fi devices. My other devices can connect normally but this laptop can't. I have even tried to use a connection using USB and it still don't work. This is a very clean installation of Windows (almost literally, only updates were added yet) because I just made a clean install. I've followed Microsoft's online help and I have even tried to do the Network reset but sill no luck. The troubleshooter says that my Wi-Fi doesn't have a valid IP Configuration and on the command prompt (ipconfig /renew) it says " unable to contact your DHCP server. Request has timed out."

4 photos
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/1jX4jjvHyLCLHHo47

:)

Calmsea, Jan 4, 2019
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jan 4, 2019
  3. connecting laptop to Office jet G55 printer

Hi Luisa,

To help you with your concern regarding the printer, let me suggest you to contact the manufacturer for the steps on how to connect your printer to your computer. Please follow the steps on how to contact the manufacturer:

• The name of the OEM + “contact information”
    • The name of the OEM + “PC support”

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Jan 4, 2019
  4. Writerman Win User

Win10 laptop suddenly refusing SMB1 connections

You are right, it's the Windows side I was asking about. I can confirm that SMB1 is checked under Windows features so I remain perplexed.

Thanks for the suggestion though. I may try turning it off, rebooting then turning it back on again to see if that makes a difference. However, this is no longer urgent for me as I have a work around so it may be a while before I have time to try that experiment.

Thanks again
    Keith

Writerman, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

1. My laptop suddenly cannot connect normally - Similar Threads - laptop suddenly cannot

2. Windows 10 mobile hotspot : After tethered to phone, suddenly my laptop cannot connected to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 mobile hotspot : After tethered to phone, suddenly my laptop cannot connected to...: As the title said, my company works with some strange rules that make my Pixel 3xl cannot connected to company wifi. So i use "mobile hotspot". It work flawlessly until last April; both phone and laptop can connect to the internet, problem solved. But now, once the tethering...
  3. Windows 10 mobile hotspot : After tethered to phone, suddenly my laptop cannot connected to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 mobile hotspot : After tethered to phone, suddenly my laptop cannot connected to...: As the title said, my company works with some strange rules that make my Pixel 3xl cannot connected to company wifi. So i use "mobile hotspot". It work flawlessly until last April; both phone and laptop can connect to the internet, problem solved. But now, once the tethering...
  4. Windows 10 mobile hotspot : After tethered to phone, suddenly my laptop cannot connected to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sudden loss in wifi connection on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden loss in wifi connection on laptop: Hi! I have a problem with wifi on my home laptop, unfortunately it happened again. Everything is fine the wifi works perfectly fine and all of the sudden it disconnects and isn’t shown on list but all of my neighbour’s wifi are. It once happened before and I couldn’t connect...
  6. Sudden loss in wifi connection on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden loss in wifi connection on laptop: Hi! I have a problem with wifi on my home laptop, unfortunately it happened again. Everything is fine the wifi works perfectly fine and all of the sudden it disconnects and isn’t shown on list but all of my neighbour’s wifi are. It once happened before and I couldn’t connect...
  7. Sudden loss in wifi connection on laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Laptop suddenly can't connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop suddenly can't connect to wifi: Hi, I'm suddenly having issues connecting to WIFI network on one laptop. On the other laptop there is no such problem. I have tried all the basic stuff such as restarting the laptop and the wifi router, I tried forgetting the wifi data and adding my wifi network again,...
  9. Suddenly cannot connect to my phones portable wifi hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Suddenly cannot connect to my phones portable wifi hotspot: Hello, I have a windows 10 laptop from HP and suddenly I am unable to connect to my phones portable hotspot. I do not have an internet connection and I have been using my phones data for the past year without any problems. I checked and my friends are able to connect to...
  10. Laptop suddenly stopped connecting to HDMI

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Laptop suddenly stopped connecting to HDMI: My laptop won't connect to HDMI? My laptop yesterday was just fine. Was playing games on my telly. Turned off for the night, turned on today, and it won't work? It's like it's not even recognising it's being plugged in. I've got a Lenovo Y50-70. I've restarted my...