Windows 10: MY LAPTOP SUDDENLY CHANGED FROM PASSCODE TO PASSWORD

Discus and support MY LAPTOP SUDDENLY CHANGED FROM PASSCODE TO PASSWORD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I need some help here! Later this morning i set up my microsoft account given by my agency in to my laptop. After doing it, i put my laptop in sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bernadette Cabrales, Sep 16, 2020.

1. MY LAPTOP SUDDENLY CHANGED FROM PASSCODE TO PASSWORD

I need some help here!

Later this morning i set up my microsoft account given by my agency in to my laptop. After doing it, i put my laptop in sleep mode because i have to run some errands. But when i wake it up this evening i noticed that from requiring a passcode my laptop was set up to require passcode when booting it’s now requiring a password, i didn’t even changed it. Now i can’t open my laptop because the passcode i usually entering turns out to be incorrect. What should i do?

:)

Bernadette Cabrales, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Laptop not recognising passcode

Hello,

For us to assist you with your query, we will appreciate it if you can answer the following questions:

• Are you unable to unlock your device?
    • Is it a Microsoft or a local account?
    • Are there any recent changes in your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you reboot your laptop and make sure that Caps Lock is off when you enter your password.

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Unable to log into laptop after changing password.

Hi Marty,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it could be and we appreciate the time and effort that you have taken to work this issue. However, in order to get clarity, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. Were you using the “Old email (account) address” regardless of not using laptop?
    2. Are both the email addresses linked?
    3. Could you please let us know, where exactly you get prompt for the password for the “Old email address” in the desktop?
    4. What is the exact error message you get when you try to log in to laptop?
    5. Does your desktop has two user profiles?

In the meantime, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check.

You would need to have internet connection in laptop, so that the password change could get updated and it seems that the laptop is not connected to the internet, we would suggest you to connect Ethernet cable to laptop and then
    try logging in to the laptop with the new password for the old email address.

We await your response.

Manjunath_H, Sep 16, 2020
  4. MY LAPTOP SUDDENLY CHANGED FROM PASSCODE TO PASSWORD

Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

MY LAPTOP SUDDENLY CHANGED FROM PASSCODE TO PASSWORD

1. MY LAPTOP SUDDENLY CHANGED FROM PASSCODE TO PASSWORD - Similar Threads - LAPTOP SUDDENLY CHANGED

2. I changed my built in administrator passcode and I didn't know what the original passcode...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I changed my built in administrator passcode and I didn't know what the original passcode...: I changed my built in administrator passcode and I didn't know what the original passcode is. How do I find it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-my-built-in-administrator-passcode-and-i/95bc2bdd-dca4-4fb4-8d4a-6cf2f1574d1e
  3. My laptops screen is zoomed in on the passcode screen and i am unable to put my password...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptops screen is zoomed in on the passcode screen and i am unable to put my password...: - zoomed in screen- screen is split in half-unable to type passcode- unable to factory reset laptop- unable to unlock laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptops-screen-is-zoomed-in-on-the-passcode/6e18fc50-a2a0-4646-8f25-440a5e312848
  4. My laptops screen is zoomed in on the passcode screen and i am unable to put my password...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptops screen is zoomed in on the passcode screen and i am unable to put my password...: - zoomed in screen- screen is split in half-unable to type passcode- unable to factory reset laptop- unable to unlock laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptops-screen-is-zoomed-in-on-the-passcode/6e18fc50-a2a0-4646-8f25-440a5e312848
  5. A sudden change in my laptop's performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A sudden change in my laptop's performance: Hello, for past few weeks I have dealt with some annoying problem which I have yet to solve. Basically, every time I'll open a game which needs a little of GPU usage or greater of course the game will run perfectly for about 4 minutes and then the GPU usage increases to...
  6. Laptop suddenly asking for password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop suddenly asking for password: My laptop suddenly is asking for a password as soon as I open it. I removed the password upon opening because I’m the only one using it. It’s possible it updated. I never use the outlook email that I had to create several years ago when I got the laptop. So I have tried to go...
  7. Changing lock screen passcode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing lock screen passcode: On my home Windows 10 laptop, I have a lock screen passcode that I would like to change. However when I go to sign-in options, under Windows Hello PIN it says "This option is currently unavailable." It also says "this PIN isn't working for your organization's resources."...
  8. Account password suddenly changed ?

Account password suddenly changed ?: Today my password suddenly changed to an unknown one. I wasn't able to login with my usual password. I DID NOT have capslock on, neither was I using incorrect keys. I inserted my password multiple times really carefully. I also checked what keyboard layout was I using, it was...
  9. passcode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    passcode: I am trying to passcode protect a folder does anyone know how to do it? PLEASE HELP ME!!! Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/passcode/ef25342b-38dd-492d-8e27-9818f272a963"
  10. how do I change my passcode for wifi?

how do I change my passcode for wifi?: how do I change my passcode for my wifi? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-i-change-my-passcode-for-wifi/48539742-2f28-4963-863f-4831443f6648"