Windows 10: My laptop suddenly shutdown for no apparent reason

Discus and support My laptop suddenly shutdown for no apparent reason in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, guys. I'm desperately need a help. When I do some video editing or downloading, playing videos, and scanning at the same time, my laptop suddenly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LordBerly, Jan 7, 2019.

1. LordBerly Win User

My laptop suddenly shutdown for no apparent reason

Hi, guys. I'm desperately need a help. When I do some video editing or downloading, playing videos, and scanning at the same time, my laptop suddenly shutdown by itself. I'm using Lenovo G460 laptop (Intel Core i3 M370 2.4GHz | 8Gb RAM DDR3) running on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (latest release). I did some tweak here and there, both software and hardware, including (but not limited to):

Software

• Reinstall Windows
    • Set Power Saving Mode as default
    • Turned off Game Made (Settings --> Gaming --> Game Mode)
    • Reduced the maximum CPU setting to 75% (via Control Panel --> Power Options --> Advanced power setting --> Processor power management -- Maximum processor state
    • Cleaning up junk files and uninstalling unused apps
    • Disabling some startup apps (the only app that I enabled is Bitdefender)
    • Routinely defrag my drives twice a week
    • Run a virus scan (using both Windows Defender & Microsoft's stand alone Malware Removal Tools and also from third party antivirus/anti-malware), always came up with zero infection
    • Run CHKDSK via command prompt and found 0 bad sector
    • Run Windows Memory Diagnostic, no memory errors.
    • Checking the temperature using SpeedFan (averaging 47°C, which is pretty normal I guess)

Hardware

• Cleaning up my laptop from dust
    • Changed my processor fan (the old one was too noisy)
    • Re-applying thermal paste on my CPU (I did it half a year ago along with upgraded my RAM from 3Gb to 8Gb)
    • Using external fan (cooling pad)
    • I checked my laptop's surface (lower left corner right below the keyboard) and yet my laptop isn't too hot (in many case, mine is still cool)

I know this is an old laptop. I owned it for 8 years now and I still love it. I'm not a gamer and never installed any heavy games. I've been looking for solution everywhere for ever a years now. Still couldn't fix it. Any help or suggestion will greatly appreciated. Thanks!

:)

LordBerly, Jan 7, 2019

2. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Jan 7, 2019
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    Shutdown

Hi,

To restart or shut down a remote computer and document the reason using the Windows interface, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type shutdown /i to display the Remote Shutdown
      dialog box (Shutdown.exe).
    • Under Computers, click Add to enter computer names, or click
      Browse to open the Find Computers dialog box.
    • Under What do you want these computers to do, click Restart
      or Shut down.
    • Select the appropriate reason for the restart or shutdown from the list.

Let us know how things goes.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Jan 7, 2019
  4. n-ster Win User

n-ster, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

1. My laptop suddenly shutdown for no apparent reason - Similar Threads - laptop suddenly shutdown

2. My laptop shutdown suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop shutdown suddenly: Hi all, It all started suddenly one day i was playing a game and then suddenly the laptop shutdown while there was 20% available i tried to turn it back on, it didn't work i plugged it into charge and waited for half an hour, i tried to turn it on it did but the suprise was...
  3. My laptop shutdown suddenly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop shutdown suddenly: Hi all, It all started suddenly one day i was playing a game and then suddenly the laptop shutdown while there was 20% available i tried to turn it back on, it didn't work i plugged it into charge and waited for half an hour, i tried to turn it on it did but the suprise was...
  4. My laptop shutdown suddenly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop shutdowns suddenly

Laptop shutdowns suddenly: Hi! I am unable to resolve issues related to my systems. It shutdowns suddenly. Please do let me know what to do. Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-shutdowns-suddenly/4b38ba00-f5e0-455a-8baf-851141651182
  6. my laptop keep suddenly shutdown

my laptop keep suddenly shutdown: as my tittle say my laptop keep going down i try sfc/ scannow and troubleshotting but no erro found. when i use event viewer it say like " The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error is caused because the system stopped responding and the hardware...
  7. Every game on my laptop has suddenly gone laggy and slow for no apparent reason. A few days...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Every game on my laptop has suddenly gone laggy and slow for no apparent reason. A few days...: I bought a new PC and since then the games go really slow. It might have to do with OneCloud but idk. Thank you in advance! submitted by /u/MoleculeMan65 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hja0vs/every_game_on_my_laptop_has_suddenly_gone_laggy/
  8. Bunch of my programs and files suddenly hidden for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bunch of my programs and files suddenly hidden for no apparent reason: Windows 10 Professional Home Desktop PC I came home after a couple days out of town and many of my desktop icons gone and then going to open normal apps such as my browser and most of my documents not coming up in search or anywhere in finder. I don't turn my computer off...
  9. My laptop shutdowns for no reason

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop shutdowns for no reason: Hi, my laptop shutdown for no reason after a few minutes use of being unplugged. Then, it works perfectly when it is plugged in and charging. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-shutdowns-for-no-reason/44939395-9b24-499b-a69d-9b7ce3098626
  10. Disk space suddenly spikes to 100% usage for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disk space suddenly spikes to 100% usage for no apparent reason: Hi has anyone found a solution for this problem. This happens to me even when without any of the browsers. Thanks, Sumedha...