Windows 10: My laptop takes a while to load when first started

Discus and support My laptop takes a while to load when first started in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So, I would enter my password, the usual. It is all normal the my laptop screen turns black. It stays like this for a good 20 minutes or so, this... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ocdd, Jan 24, 2021.

1. ocdd Win User

My laptop takes a while to load when first started

So, I would enter my password, the usual. It is all normal the my laptop screen turns black. It stays like this for a good 20 minutes or so, this happens everyday and started 1 or 2 months ago. Also, I have Windows 10 Pro. I discovered that it is the desktop background that doesn’t load, as somehow I opened GOOGLE. Here is the black screen I was talking about:My laptop takes a while to load when first started [​IMG]My laptop takes a while to load when first started [​IMG]

:)

2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

http://support.dell.com/?~ck=mn

Namslas90, Jan 24, 2021
  4. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

1. My laptop takes a while to load when first started - Similar Threads - laptop takes while

2. task bar takes long to load when starting windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task bar takes long to load when starting windows: when i start my windows the taskbar takes long to load please help its annoying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-takes-long-to-load-when-starting-windows/cb286b3c-bcff-4012-a7a8-a778a0b1d64a
  3. task bar takes long to load when starting windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    task bar takes long to load when starting windows: when i start my windows the taskbar takes long to load please help its annoying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-takes-long-to-load-when-starting-windows/cb286b3c-bcff-4012-a7a8-a778a0b1d64a
  4. repost: explorer.exe takes a while to load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    repost: explorer.exe takes a while to load: repost since no one responded: Whenever I log into Windows 10, the desktop is never fully loaded. The taskbar has no icons, and it takes a while to fully load explorer.exe. I have a triple boot with Windows 8.1 and 7. On Windows 8.1 it is a much shorter wait time, and on 7 it...
  5. explorer.exe takes a while to load

explorer.exe takes a while to load: Whenever I log into Windows 10, the desktop is never fully loaded. The taskbar has no icons, and it takes a while to fully load explorer.exe. I hava a triple boot with Windows 8.1 and 7. On Windows 8.1 it is a much shorter wait time, and on 7 it is nearly nonexistent. I’ve...
  6. Icon take a while to load

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icon take a while to load: When i turn on my pc, the desktop icons take a little while to load. Is that normal or should they load immediately? submitted by /u/GloomyMinds [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jblwub/icon_take_a_while_to_load/
  7. SSD Takes a While to Start Up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD Takes a While to Start Up: Hello, when I login to Windows my SSD drive SanDisk Ultra 1TB will sometimes not show up as accessible straight away and the whole system kind of gets stuck and when I try to open windows or folders nothing happens until the drive shows up. For example the drive is blank as...
  8. Videos take a while to load and no audio sometimes

Videos take a while to load and no audio sometimes: When i try and play a video it will take a couple minutes to load before it starts playing. Sometimes with this, no audio will play and i wont be able to mute, unmute or bring my volume up or down. Is there any way to fix this?...
  9. my laptop unable to connect to chrome or microsoft edge at first start it takes almost 10...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my laptop unable to connect to chrome or microsoft edge at first start it takes almost 10...: my laptop unable to connect to chrome or microsoft edge at first start it takes almost 10 min and once it is connected it works as normal i tried cleaning dns cache but no use and i have found that when i open chrome for the first time it shows connecting at left bottom...
  10. High CPU when first starting the laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU when first starting the laptop: Hello, I have had my lap top (make, model and specs in my system details) for about two weeks, and have noticed that it often uses a lot of CPU even when I'm not running anything. For example, I can just start up the lap top, open Task Manager, and see that there is a lot...