Windows 10: My laptop takes so long to shut down?

Discus and support My laptop takes so long to shut down? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My laptop takes so much time to shut down, the shut down logo stays on the screen for about a minute and there is this one application that appears up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Arjit, Feb 20, 2024.

1. Arjit Win User

My laptop takes so long to shut down?

My laptop takes so much time to shut down, the shut down logo stays on the screen for about a minute and there is this one application that appears up about apps running in the background which stays there for less then a second and dissapears. I have the latest version of windows 11 and my drivers should be up to date.

:)

Arjit, Feb 20, 2024
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Feb 20, 2024
  3. Laptop won't shut down

Hi Muhammad,

Most of the time, the issue regarding a device that won't shut down properly may be caused by a system conflict after an update or that there are some incompatibility issues. To assist you with this concern, we recommend that you run the troubleshooter.
    To do this, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Click on View all on the left-side of the page.
    • Click on each category below then follow the on-screen prompt to run the troubleshooter:
    • Background Intelligent Transfer Service
    • Hardware and Devices
    • Power
    • Windows Update
    Note: Make sure that you restart your PC after running the troubleshooter for each category.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Feb 20, 2024
  4. DaveM121 Win User

shutting down laptop /computer for a long time

Hi Sam, that is an Internet Myth - there is no special way to shut down a laptop or PC or particular method to use if your PC/laptop is not going to be used for a long time . . .

You simply go to Start Menu - Power - Shut Down

The method I think you are referring to is pressing and holding the power button on your laptop for 5 - 10 seconds to perform a herd shut down - you can do that but it will not serve any purpose.

That should only ever be used, when your computer freezes and cannot be shut down any other way

DaveM121, Feb 20, 2024
Thema:

1. My laptop takes so long to shut down? - Similar Threads - laptop takes long

2. Hey my pc takes a long time to shut down and restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hey my pc takes a long time to shut down and restart: As stated in the subject my pc usually takes a while to shut down and restart abnormally long, usually occurs after long gaming sessions, as for the things I've tried:- Disabling Fast Startup- Resetting power defaults and running power troubleshooter- Disabling expo and pbo...
  3. Hey my pc takes a long time to shut down and restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hey my pc takes a long time to shut down and restart: As stated in the subject my pc usually takes a while to shut down and restart abnormally long, usually occurs after long gaming sessions, as for the things I've tried:- Disabling Fast Startup- Resetting power defaults and running power troubleshooter- Disabling expo and pbo...
  4. My laptop takes so long to shut down?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop takes so long to shut down?: My laptop takes so much time to shut down, the shut down logo stays on the screen for about a minute and there is this one application that appears up about apps running in the background which stays there for less then a second and dissapears. I have the latest version of...
  5. My laptop isn’t loading edge and it takes so long

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop isn’t loading edge and it takes so long: My laptop is taking for ever/never To search anythingMy cpu is at 100% and it’s because of anti malware service executable my cpu speed is at 2.26 GHz it’s really slow tooI think I have a virus...
  6. PC takes too long to shut down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC takes too long to shut down: Just pressed the shutdown button and took 5 entire minutes to my PC to shut down. When i turn it on, it takes 17s to boot up. Is there any solution to improve shutdown time? submitted by /u/minilio [link] [comments]...
  7. long shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    long shut down: [ATTACH]so um this happened yesterday i shut down my pc and suddenly i was stuck at the shutting down part for a while like 2 mins and it closed. is there anyway i could make my pc shut down fast...
  8. windows 10s take long to shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10s take long to shut down: my computer is dual booted to windows 7and win 10 i innstall windows 10 on my divice but the windows 10 takes a long times to stop the exhaust fan but windows 7 has no problem it can shut down very fastly...
  9. why does my computer takes long to start and shut down?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why does my computer takes long to start and shut down?: my computer takes about five minutes to start and shut down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-computer-takes-long-to-start-and-shut/8c4e3efd-71e3-468a-8e73-6be49b824b13
  10. Windows 10 Laptop taking long time to shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Laptop taking long time to shut down or restart: Hi. I have an ASUS laptop with Windows 10. I make sure to keep with Windows updates. I run Trend Micro virus protection. I do disk cleanup regularly and have disk defrag set to go regularly. Laptop is less than one year old and has recently begun taking a very long time to...