Windows 10: My laptop thinks I have 2 controllers when I only have 1.

Discus and support My laptop thinks I have 2 controllers when I only have 1. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My laptop shows I only have 1 controller in device manager and in the control panel, however, when I play Madden 22 or Rocket League it shows I have 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by McSpazatron46, Mar 2, 2022.

1. My laptop thinks I have 2 controllers when I only have 1.

My laptop shows I only have 1 controller in device manager and in the control panel, however, when I play Madden 22 or Rocket League it shows I have 2 controllers connected. I have never connected a secondary controller to this laptop. It is a wireless Xbox One S Controller.

:)

McSpazatron46, Mar 2, 2022

2. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Mar 2, 2022
  3. YOU
    You Win User
    Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • My laptop thinks I have 2 controllers when I only have 1. [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

4. My laptop thinks I have 2 controllers when I only have 1.

Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

My laptop thinks I have 2 controllers when I only have 1. pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Mar 2, 2022
Thema:

My laptop thinks I have 2 controllers when I only have 1.

1. My laptop thinks I have 2 controllers when I only have 1. - Similar Threads - laptop thinks controllers

2. Windows and AMD driver saying I have 2 displays when I only have 1 monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows and AMD driver saying I have 2 displays when I only have 1 monitor: problem is as title says, I have a Ryzen 5 Radeon Rx 580 with drivers for the GPU already reinstalled multiple times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-and-amd-driver-saying-i-have-2-displays/89900bff-9837-455e-9ca7-b9a1d73572b0
  3. Windows and AMD driver saying I have 2 displays when I only have 1 monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows and AMD driver saying I have 2 displays when I only have 1 monitor: problem is as title says, I have a Ryzen 5 Radeon Rx 580 with drivers for the GPU already reinstalled multiple times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-and-amd-driver-saying-i-have-2-displays/89900bff-9837-455e-9ca7-b9a1d73572b0
  4. Windows and AMD driver saying I have 2 displays when I only have 1 monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows thinks i have two monitors when i only have one

windows thinks i have two monitors when i only have one: subject says it all, got a new PC and its all hooked up but it thinks that i have a second monitor when i only have one, how do i get rid of this nonexistent second monitor...
  6. windows thinks i have two monitors when i only have one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows thinks i have two monitors when i only have one: subject says it all, got a new PC and its all hooked up but it thinks that i have a second monitor when i only have one, how do i get rid of this nonexistent second monitor...
  7. windows thinks i have two monitors when i only have one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. My laptop thinks I have 2 controllers when I only have 1.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop thinks I have 2 controllers when I only have 1.: My laptop shows I only have 1 controller in device manager and in the control panel, however, when I play Madden 22 or Rocket League it shows I have 2 controllers connected. I have never connected a secondary controller to this laptop. It is a wireless Xbox One S Controller....
  9. Windows 10 thinks I only have 1 core when in fact I have 8

Windows 10 thinks I only have 1 core when in fact I have 8: Ok so. Few days ago I bought a new laptop. I went to mconfig to see how many cores I have activated. I only had one so I upgraded it to 4/8. Later I returned it to normal to test something. Today I decided to put it back to 4 again but for some reason it says I only have 1...
  10. Windows 10 thinks I only have 1 core when in fact I have 8

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 thinks I only have 1 core when in fact I have 8: Ok so. Few days ago I bought a new laptop. I went to mconfig to see how many cores I have activated. I only had one so I upgraded it to 4/8. Later I returned it to normal to test something. Today I decided to put it back to 4 again but for some reason it says I only have 1...