Windows 10: My laptop thinks it has 5 displays.

Discus and support My laptop thinks it has 5 displays. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, this has been an ongoing problem with my laptop (Lenovo Y720) and I did uninstall these monitors in the deice manager multiple times already but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NinaVallnerová, Sep 9, 2018.

1. My laptop thinks it has 5 displays.

Hey,

this has been an ongoing problem with my laptop (Lenovo Y720) and I did uninstall these monitors in the deice manager multiple times already but they always reappear. Even my Nvidia graphics card believes I have 5 of them. I have tried reinstalling the graphic card drivers completely but this didn't help at all. I am pretty desperate at this point because my computer has pretty decent specs even nowadays, however it seems laggy all the time and i dont know why so I think this might be the root of this problem since according to the Nvidia control panel, all of these run from the Intel graphics card and I don't know how to change this. Thanks for your help in advance My laptop thinks it has 5 displays. :)

:)

NinaVallnerová, Sep 9, 2018
  2. Jetster Win User

Laptop display question

Confusing statement! You want to change the display on your laptop that died?

Is that correct?

How do you know its the display that's bad?

Just google "how to change display on a acer 5745"

Should get you to step by step instructions. But first make sure its the display that's bad

Jetster, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

My laptop thinks it has 5 displays.

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

My laptop thinks it has 5 displays.

1. My laptop thinks it has 5 displays. - Similar Threads - laptop thinks has

2. My laptop keeps self dimming the display every 5 seconds?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop keeps self dimming the display every 5 seconds?: I accidentally uninstalled one of my 2 GPUs in device manager and haven’t seen it return in the list even after installing drivers from AMD and resetting my PC entirely. When it would dim, sometimes even using the function brighten key on the keyboard wouldn’t work. It would...
  3. My laptop keeps self dimming the display every 5 seconds?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps self dimming the display every 5 seconds?: I accidentally uninstalled one of my 2 GPUs in device manager and haven’t seen it return in the list even after installing drivers from AMD and resetting my PC entirely. When it would dim, sometimes even using the function brighten key on the keyboard wouldn’t work. It would...
  4. i think my device has a malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i think my device has a malware: my device is acting a bit weird. can anyone reply and ill reply with the farbar recovery scan tool result? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-think-my-device-has-a-malware/c778d011-9b04-4598-ae6f-50acd688fc72
  5. i think my device has a malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i think my device has a malware: my device is acting a bit weird. can anyone reply and ill reply with the farbar recovery scan tool result? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-think-my-device-has-a-malware/c778d011-9b04-4598-ae6f-50acd688fc72
  6. i think my device has a malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. My displays are glitched (I think).

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My displays are glitched (I think).: Recently I had my computer repaired. I had my PSU repaired and I believe I had a new motherboard installed. But ever since the computer has been picking up three displays. My monitor twice and my wall mounted TV. When looking at the properties my monitor (1st display) is...
  8. Windows 10 thinks it has two monitors, and my videos are displayed on the "other monitor."

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 thinks it has two monitors, and my videos are displayed on the "other monitor.": Well, I can't see my video games or videos because when I open them they display on some supposed "second monitor" that I don't have. How do I tell my computer not to do this?...
  9. Display on my laptop has green and pink stripes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display on my laptop has green and pink stripes.: Immediately following a Windows update the Display on my laptop has been showing green and pink stripes. So everything I look at has stripes. It also seems that the colors are grayed out - like there are no 'reds' in the mix. Any thoughts? Do I need to buy a new laptop?...
  10. In Progress I think my laptop has been hacked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    In Progress I think my laptop has been hacked: I was checking emails, and I didnt clicked any link,neither I installed any add-on, I suddenly got alert to restart the pc to disable user accounts and it get restart automatically. When it starts,after login screen its displaying this. [img] I have re-installed...