Windows 10: My Laptop thinks theres a mouse plugged in even when unplugged

Discus and support My Laptop thinks theres a mouse plugged in even when unplugged in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The mouse I am using is a Logitech g502. In the device manager, it says there are 3 mice 1 mouse is the USB mice that plugged in and another mouse is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nevill Mathew, Apr 28, 2020.

1. My Laptop thinks theres a mouse plugged in even when unplugged

The mouse I am using is a Logitech g502. In the device manager, it says there are 3 mice 1 mouse is the USB mice that plugged in and another mouse is my touchpad the other mice is a "virtual mice" and its location is G hub software of the g502. I use a feature called disable touchpad when the mouse is plugged in and it thinks ghub is a mouse so when the physical mouse is unplugged it says that it plugged in and it super annoying I've tried to uninstall the other mouse un device manager but it just reinstalls. The laptop thinks that ghub is a virtual mouse please fix cause this is annoying AF.

:)

Nevill Mathew, Apr 28, 2020

2. on laptop, plug in mouse ok, unplug mouse then no track pad control

Dont know about a setting to disable, I did not change anything.
    If a mouse is plugged in, the trackpad becomes disabled. Then if the mouse is unplugged, the trackpad is still disabled. How do you run software for trackpad, not sure what that would be. Notebook is an ASUS q525ua.

Still not clear what is the normal response to doing those things. On linux, both mouse and trackpad (think so) remain active at same time. I know on linux, you can have more than one mouse working both together at same time, when both remain plugged into their usb ports..

sdowney717, Apr 28, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    battery plugged in not charging

To resolve this issue, please follow these steps:

• Unplug Laptop
    • Remove the Battery
    • Plug in Laptop and turn on the laptop
    • Go to Control Panel - Devices and uninstall all instances of Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery
    • Shut down Laptop and unplug it
    • Insert Battery and plug in the laptop
    • Start the Laptop
    Hopefully this will work for you, please let us know!

DaveM121, Apr 28, 2020
  4. My Laptop thinks theres a mouse plugged in even when unplugged

laptop occasionally thinks its not plugged in

Hello fat, my name is Irisdiel and I am an independent advisor.

I suggest you follow the instructions down below.

Open the Device Manager by searching for it or right-clicking the Start button and selecting Device Manager.

Click Batteries on the list to expand it and you should see two items: Microsoft AC Adapter and Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.

Right-click on each item and choose Uninstall device. Yes, you are uninstalling your laptop's battery drivers, but don't worry because they will automatically be reinstalled when you restart your laptop.

Shut down your laptop.

Unplug the power cable from your laptop.

If your laptop has a removable battery, remove it. If your laptop doesn't have a removable battery, remove the bottom panel of my laptop and then remove the battery by disconnecting it from the motherboard.

Put the battery back in if you removed it.

Plug in your laptop.

Power on your laptop.

Click the battery icon in the system tray and you should see that your laptop is plugged in and charging.

Hope this helps!

Thank you and good luck,

Regards- .

Irisdiel H, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

My Laptop thinks theres a mouse plugged in even when unplugged

1. My Laptop thinks theres a mouse plugged in even when unplugged - Similar Threads - Laptop thinks theres

2. BSOD wdf01000.sys when unplugging my steelseries mouse to plug it back to the dongle for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD wdf01000.sys when unplugging my steelseries mouse to plug it back to the dongle for...: below is the analyze from the minidump. im not sure how to read this. going to device manager there is nothing that needs an update or repair. it wont let me paste it all so maybe this helps https://pastebin.com/M6zrE7tK event viewer shows: The computer has rebooted from a...
  3. Laptop not displaying "Plugged In / On Battery" popup when I plug in the charger and unplug it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop not displaying "Plugged In / On Battery" popup when I plug in the charger and unplug it.: This started a few days ago I believe. Basically, my ASUS TUF FX504 gaming laptop doesn't show the "Plugged In / On Battery" popup when I unplug / plug in the charger anymore. I haven't done anything differently as far as I'm aware... Does anyone know how to get the popup to...
  4. Laptop lags when plugged in but works when when unplugged

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop lags when plugged in but works when when unplugged: I recently resetted my windows 10 laptop after it crashed in windows update. So after I reinstalled windows and all it basicaclly became like a new device. However, it is lagging. Now more so when I plug in my charger. Works okayish sometimes works smooth sometimes just goes...
  5. Blank Edge legacy icon stuck on my taskbar even when unplugging and plugging in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blank Edge legacy icon stuck on my taskbar even when unplugging and plugging in: [ATTACH]Hey, I noticed a unremovable blank icon on my taskbar. I can't remove it. It says Microsoft Edge Legacy. It's icon is missing for some reason but I CAN'T REMOVE IT! Please help me....
  6. My computer thinks theres a mouse plugged in even when unplugged

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer thinks theres a mouse plugged in even when unplugged: The mouse I am using is a Logitech g502. In the device manager, it says there are 3 mice 1 mouse is the USB mice that plugged in and another mouse is my touchpad the other mice is a "virtual mice" and its location is G hub software of the g502. I use a feature called disable...
  7. USB mouse not connecting to Laptop, even when plugged into the port (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB mouse not connecting to Laptop, even when plugged into the port (Windows 10): So I have a Lenovo Edge 15 that I have been using for work and school. Recently, one of my computer mouses stopped working on my laptop, and changing what USB port it was connected to did nothing. Thinking that the mouse was broken, I bought a new one and tried to use it,...
  8. Weird gaming performance when plugging and unplugging my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird gaming performance when plugging and unplugging my laptop.: So when I'm playing a very demanding game on my PC, it lags for sure, but if it's plugged and I unplug it, it runs like butter and after a few seconds, it resumes lagging. Same thing happens when it's unplugged and I plug it. Is there a way to fix this please?...
  9. on laptop, plug in mouse ok, unplug mouse then no track pad control

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    on laptop, plug in mouse ok, unplug mouse then no track pad control: I find I have to reboot, then unplug mouse to gain track pad control again. Is that normal? It would be much better to be able to unplug mouse, then control reverts to trackpad without a reboot. 131638
  10. on laptop, plug in mouse ok, unplug mouse then no track pad control

in Windows 10 Support
    on laptop, plug in mouse ok, unplug mouse then no track pad control: I find I have to reboot to gain track pad control again. Is that normal? 131638