Windows 10: My laptop touchscreen doesn't work

Discus and support My laptop touchscreen doesn't work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I don't know whether it is a hardware or a software problem, but the touch screen on my computer stopped responding after the mainboard was replaced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bearded Merlin, Sep 28, 2020.

1. My laptop touchscreen doesn't work

I don't know whether it is a hardware or a software problem, but the touch screen on my computer stopped responding after the mainboard was replaced during a repair. System information shows "No pen or touch input is available for this display". Also, when I checked the device manager, I found the "I2C HID Device" module has encountered a problem.

After searching online for a while, I tried to update the problematic driver or uninstall it. But the driver is already at its newest version, and it always managed to reinstall itself after I uninstallation. I have no idea how it managed to do that.My laptop touchscreen doesn't work [​IMG] My laptop touchscreen doesn't work c2d42b09-fdf4-45a2-9afb-725e5a4ceaca?upload=true.png My laptop touchscreen doesn't work fbb88cdd-d8fb-4e8e-8544-a4a33ddcbbe8?upload=true.png

:)

Bearded Merlin, Sep 28, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

My laptop touchscreen doesn't work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Sep 28, 2020
  3. Touchscreen

Hi Gracia,

If your touchscreen doesn't work, you can check this article
    for the five simple steps that may fix this issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Michelle Vil, Sep 28, 2020
  4. My laptop touchscreen doesn't work

Touchscreen stopped working -driver missing from laptop

Hi Julie,

There are several ways to resolve touchscreen issues such us updating the driver, installing available updates or downloading the driver from its manufacturer website. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask the following questions:

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article:
    What to try if your touchscreen doesn't work

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

My laptop touchscreen doesn't work

1. My laptop touchscreen doesn't work - Similar Threads - laptop touchscreen doesn't

2. My Touchscreen not working in laptop mode? why? :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Touchscreen not working in laptop mode? why? :: Hi dear Microsoft community and thanks for reaching out. Recently, my laptop touchscreen has not been working while my computer is in laptop mode just randomly...My laptop model is a Summit e16Flip A13VET, and when I physically fold the laptop to use it as a tablet, the...
  3. My Touchscreen not working in laptop mode? why? :

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Touchscreen not working in laptop mode? why? :: Hi dear Microsoft community and thanks for reaching out. Recently, my laptop touchscreen has not been working while my computer is in laptop mode just randomly...My laptop model is a Summit e16Flip A13VET, and when I physically fold the laptop to use it as a tablet, the...
  4. HP Touchscreen doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Touchscreen doesn't work anymore: Hello, my HP Laptop touchscreen stopped to work.Can it be connected with some OS upddates?Hardware driver is installed and enabled, hardware HP test doesnt react.Thank you....
  5. HP Touchscreen doesn't work anymore

HP Touchscreen doesn't work anymore: Hello, my HP Laptop touchscreen stopped to work.Can it be connected with some OS upddates?Hardware driver is installed and enabled, hardware HP test doesnt react.Thank you....
  6. Samsung Laptop Touchscreen Not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Samsung Laptop Touchscreen Not working: Upgraded my Samsung Flex laptop to windows 11 now the touchscreen does not respond to finger movement however the S pen does work on the touchscreen. Called Samsung and they tried various solutions and determined that it was a windows 11 problem since the s pen works. Been...
  7. Samsung Laptop Touchscreen Not working

Samsung Laptop Touchscreen Not working: Upgraded my Samsung Flex laptop to windows 11 now the touchscreen does not respond to finger movement however the S pen does work on the touchscreen. Called Samsung and they tried various solutions and determined that it was a windows 11 problem since the s pen works. Been...
  8. 2nd touchscreen monitor doesn't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    2nd touchscreen monitor doesn't work: Hello, i am trying to connect a second touchscreen monitor to my intel nuc that already has a dell touchscreen as a primary. The problem I'm having is that the touch does respond from the second monitor but it works like a trackpad and only moves the cursor on the main...
  9. touchscreen of laptop stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touchscreen of laptop stopped working: suddenly , the touch screen of my laptop has stopped working. on checking the device manager i found usb code 43 error, are both the things related https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchscreen-of-laptop-stopped-working/d87fcdcc-e7df-43ba-9427-c1b8e59b1d7f
  10. Touchscreen doesn't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touchscreen doesn't work: hi everybody I use a Lenovo 720 yoga type 12 lb laptop with window 10, suddenly my touch screen doesn't work, anyone knows the solution? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchscreen-doesnt-work/a145802d-4e6e-4578-be03-bb6111b8e223