Windows 10: My laptop turns off by itself.

Discus and support My laptop turns off by itself. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, something is wrong with my laptop, when I open it and doing some stuff, it turns off by itself. What caused this issue and how do I fix it? My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sagadali, Oct 18, 2022.

1. sagadali Win User

My laptop turns off by itself.

Hi all, something is wrong with my laptop, when I open it and doing some stuff, it turns off by itself. What caused this issue and how do I fix it? My laptop is HP Elitebook 8540pMy RAM is 4.00GB 3.86 usableMy processor is Intel Core i5 CPU, M 520 @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHzThe operating system is Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 64-bitThanksCheers-Sajad Sadiq

:)

sagadali, Oct 18, 2022
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Oct 18, 2022
  3. Munki Win User
    laptop LCD not turning on..

Here is a tip is you cant fix it, make it noticeable that you broke it...step on it *Wink My laptop turns off by itself. ;) "Oh my gawd, did i step on your lil ol laptop, im terribly sorry" Then she has no choice but to buy a new one.

Munki, Oct 18, 2022
  4. Zeeba# Win User

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Oct 18, 2022
Thema:

1. My laptop turns off by itself. - Similar Threads - laptop turns off

2. My laptop is repeatedly turning on and off by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is repeatedly turning on and off by itself: The laptop is just turning off and on by itself, the screen won’t turn on either so I’m unable to do anything with bios or settings, I’ve tried a couple things and even let it die to see if when I plugged it back in that it may do something. I don’t really know what else I...
  3. My laptop is repeatedly turning on and off by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is repeatedly turning on and off by itself: The laptop is just turning off and on by itself, the screen won’t turn on either so I’m unable to do anything with bios or settings, I’ve tried a couple things and even let it die to see if when I plugged it back in that it may do something. I don’t really know what else I...
  4. My laptop turns off by itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop turns off by itself.: Hi all, something is wrong with my laptop, when I open it and doing some stuff, it turns off by itself. What caused this issue and how do I fix it? My laptop is HP Elitebook 8540pMy RAM is 4.00GB 3.86 usableMy processor is Intel Core i5 CPU, M 520 @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHzThe...
  5. Screentime turning turning itself off

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Screentime turning turning itself off: Hi I have screentime setup for my child and randomly the screen time keeps turning itselft off. Often i find why my child has gone over his limit and then when i go and check the usage i see that screen time limits are turned off. i know for a fact that he doens't have the...
  6. Screentime turning turning itself off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screentime turning turning itself off: Hi I have screentime setup for my child and randomly the screen time keeps turning itselft off. Often i find why my child has gone over his limit and then when i go and check the usage i see that screen time limits are turned off. i know for a fact that he doens't have the...
  7. Screentime turning turning itself off

8. Wi-Fi on laptop periodically turns off by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi on laptop periodically turns off by itself: I downloaded the driver from the manufacturer's website, but it still turns off regularly. Then, I tried to look in the event log to find errors. And yes, I see some error messages there, maybe someone can help?It didn't help me: Reinstalling Windows, relaunching Wi-Fi...
  9. Wi-Fi on laptop periodically turns off by itself

Wi-Fi on laptop periodically turns off by itself: I downloaded the driver from the manufacturer's website, but it still turns off regularly. Then, I tried to look in the event log to find errors. And yes, I see some error messages there, maybe someone can help?It didn't help me: Reinstalling Windows, relaunching Wi-Fi...
  10. Laptop Turning itself "off"

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Turning itself "off": I am running Win 10 on a laptop. I have changed all the power settings to "NEVER" for everything. The laptop is on AC (not battery). No power outages. But when I come back after being away from the laptop for an hour or so. It is in sleep mode (I think) - I have to turn...