Windows 10: My laptop turns on again after shutdown

Discus and support My laptop turns on again after shutdown in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; the pop up appears when I try to shut down my laptop, I've done it like on youtube but it still doesn't work. please help me thank you.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FVDIL, Apr 18, 2024.

1. FVDIL Win User

My laptop turns on again after shutdown

the pop up appears when I try to shut down my laptop, I've done it like on youtube but it still doesn't work. please help me thank you.

:)

FVDIL, Apr 18, 2024

2. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Apr 18, 2024
  3. Zeeba# Win User
    My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Apr 18, 2024
  4. DaveM121 Win User

HELP : Laptop Charges when Turned off only. Does not charges when Turned on.

Follow these Steps to rectify this issue

• Disconnect Power Supply
    • Remove battery.
    • Connect Power Supply
    • Turn on the laptop.
    • Control Panel - Device Manager.
    • Under the Batteries category, right-click all instances of Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery , and Uninstall.
    • Shutdown.
    • Disconnect Power Supply.
    • Insert battery.
    • Connect Power Supply.
    • Turn on the laptop

I Hope this Answers your Question!

DaveM121, Apr 18, 2024
Thema:

1. My laptop turns on again after shutdown - Similar Threads - laptop turns again

2. My laptop turns on again after shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop turns on again after shutdown: the pop up appears when I try to shut down my laptop, I've done it like on youtube but it still doesn't work. please help me thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-turns-on-again-after-shutdown/41e4c375-7784-48eb-a93b-807388220b21
  3. My laptop turns on again after shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop turns on again after shutdown: the pop up appears when I try to shut down my laptop, I've done it like on youtube but it still doesn't work. please help me thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-turns-on-again-after-shutdown/41e4c375-7784-48eb-a93b-807388220b21
  4. My laptop isn't turning on after shutdown.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop isn't turning on after shutdown.: sometimes when i turn on my laptop the indicators light up but the screen remains black then i have to long press power button for shutdown and then turn it on again for it to work. i have updated all the drivers so the issue shouldn't be there. is it a windows issue? what...
  5. My laptop isn't turning on after shutdown.

My laptop isn't turning on after shutdown.: sometimes when i turn on my laptop the indicators light up but the screen remains black then i have to long press power button for shutdown and then turn it on again for it to work. i have updated all the drivers so the issue shouldn't be there. is it a windows issue? what...
  6. PC starts after shutdown again and again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC starts after shutdown again and again: I have this problemalready for years where when i shutdown my pc normally it will turn itself on after 3 seconds and boot up, the only way to shut it down is to hold the power button and force it to shutdown, that way it stays turned off. which is obviously not the best thing...
  7. PC starts after shutdown again and again

PC starts after shutdown again and again: I have this problemalready for years where when i shutdown my pc normally it will turn itself on after 3 seconds and boot up, the only way to shut it down is to hold the power button and force it to shutdown, that way it stays turned off. which is obviously not the best thing...
  8. My laptop turns on again automatically

My laptop turns on again automatically: For the last month or so, I have been facing this problem. Whenever I shut down my Windows 10 laptop, it turns on again automatically within 5 seconds. Same with sleep mode. Any tips that I can use to overcome this problem? I've tried everything that was on YouTube, but I'm...
  9. My laptop again and again randomly turns black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop again and again randomly turns black: As soon as ii open my laptop it starts working and suddenly after few minutes as I open my browser it turns blue then black and it freezes and none of the key on the keyboard works I wait for 30 minutes nothing seems to happen at last I have to press the power button and do...
  10. Laptop keyboard not turning on after shutdown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keyboard not turning on after shutdown: Hi there, I've been noticing a really weird issue with my ASUS laptop keyboard - the keyboard just sometimes doesn't work. Sometimes, the keyboard does not respond at all after start up backlight is off, keys are unresponsive, etc. I've logged in and checked under Device...