Windows 10: My laptop turns on but screen stays black

Discus and support My laptop turns on but screen stays black in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop will turn on and lights will flash but the screen stays black. Ive tried connecting to a tv with an HDMI cord and it works like that but not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by myakellie, Dec 25, 2020.

1. myakellie Win User

My laptop turns on but screen stays black

My laptop will turn on and lights will flash but the screen stays black. Ive tried connecting to a tv with an HDMI cord and it works like that but not without HDMI

:)

myakellie, Dec 25, 2020
  2. Virus-j Win User

Toshiba Laptop Black Screen

I have a Toshiba Laptop, Was reinstalling windows 7 on it last night left it doing the updates then shut it down. Turned it on this this afternoon only to find the laptop screen is Black and also there is a burning smell coming from the Fan.

I connected the Laptop to a external monitor that is fine, Can go into bios, Windows boots up fine Etc.
    Just took apart the laptop earlier to check all the cables where in correctly, Checked the motherboard over for any damage, burnt bits but but found nothing. Just put it back together now but im still getting this burning smell and i still cant use the laptop screen only a external screen.

I Tried Pressing FN+F5 to switch to the laptop screen, But still black screen. Any Suggestions please ?

Thanks

Virus-j, Dec 25, 2020
  3. zplugger Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Dec 25, 2020
  4. 56Kruiser Win User

Every morning, Laptop running, screen stays black...

I ran a sleepstudy report. It's interesting, although doesn't tell me anything. I'm attaching in a zip if you want to take a look.

You can scroll down to 2020-06-23 22:55:06, as seen like below:

My laptop turns on but screen stays black [​IMG]

That is showing when I put it to sleep

Then when it auto booted for a Windows update, and how long it was on, like seen here: (just showing snippits)

Then, there is when I hard reset it:

I haven't tried the non MS drivers suggestion yet. But I did turn hibernation back on.

There's a lot of reports available via that powercfg command. I may look at some more of them.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran a power energy report, attached. I'm not thinking it is of any consequence, as it is a snapshot of right now, not when the problem happens. Several warnings in it too. Quick view:

I also attached another interesting report: system sleep diagnostics, attached. The sleep diag report mentions requests by Conexant ISST Audio, even though I am not playing anything through audio. They are highlighted in orange, so makes me think that is warnings. I did a requests report, and that one indicated that the Conexant ISST Audio had an audio stream currently in use.

56Kruiser, Dec 25, 2020
Thema:

1. My laptop turns on but screen stays black - Similar Threads - laptop turns screen

2. My laptop stays in black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop stays in black screen: I accidentally turned off my laptop only by closing it and now when i turn it on it only stays in black screen i restarted it many times but nothing worked after couple off times it brought me to the blue windows page and i hit automatically find problems but it just only...
  3. My laptop stays in black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop stays in black screen: I accidentally turned off my laptop only by closing it and now when i turn it on it only stays in black screen i restarted it many times but nothing worked after couple off times it brought me to the blue windows page and i hit automatically find problems but it just only...
  4. My laptop screen can't turn on, it stays black all the time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop screen can't turn on, it stays black all the time: So.. it's been a while since my laptop got this problem. My Lenovo laptop turns off, became a blue screen of death or pure black screen on some time when i used it. It's either when i play a song nor searching for something on the internet.That started before the new year,...
  5. My laptop screen can't turn on, it stays black all the time

My laptop screen can't turn on, it stays black all the time: So.. it's been a while since my laptop got this problem. My Lenovo laptop turns off, became a blue screen of death or pure black screen on some time when i used it. It's either when i play a song nor searching for something on the internet.That started before the new year,...
  6. My laptop screen can't turn on, it stays black all the time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Laptop stays on black screen when restarting.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop stays on black screen when restarting.: Hello, today I bought a laptop model AN517-41 from Acer. The laptop I bought came as freedos and I had to install windows on the laptop myself. I have been installing windows on computers for about 20 years and I am sure that no settings are wrong. But I am facing the...
  8. Laptop stays on black screen when restarting.

Laptop stays on black screen when restarting.: Hello, today I bought a laptop model AN517-41 from Acer. The laptop I bought came as freedos and I had to install windows on the laptop myself. I have been installing windows on computers for about 20 years and I am sure that no settings are wrong. But I am facing the...
  9. My laptop screen turn black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop screen turn black: I work on my laptop, go elsewhere, let it sit for a while and then the screen turns black, I touch my touchpad and press characters on the keyboard hoping the screen will turn on but it didn't. I know my laptop is still on because the start button is still flashing. I the...
  10. Laptop screen turns black

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop screen turns black: My HP laptop Windows 10 while turning on displays a weird "Windows sign in" written screen instead of Set Lockscreen wallpaper, also when i try to enter password through keyboard the screens suddenly turns black with brightness and capslock being working, Can anyone help me...