Windows 10: My laptop turns on to a boot menu / app menu screen

Discus and support My laptop turns on to a boot menu / app menu screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My screen comes up with boot menu then when I go into any of the options it’s either a blank screen or a recovery screen then on the recovery screen it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Monique Jayne, Jun 11, 2024.

1. My laptop turns on to a boot menu / app menu screen

My screen comes up with boot menu then when I go into any of the options it’s either a blank screen or a recovery screen then on the recovery screen it has f1 enter recovery mode which doesn’t work or press ESC which just takes me to a blank screen what do I do from here

:)

Monique Jayne, Jun 11, 2024
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestions - move to proper menus, add Options window

Suggestions:
    1) Remove main menus from top left menu (system menu) and move them to a standard Windows menu, at the top.
    Leave the 6 system menu items (Restore --- Close) in system menu, move all the rest to that standard main menu. The main menu can be auto-hidable - pressing Alt key to invoke it or hide it, similar to the way IE11 menus and many Windows 10 built-in apps' menus work.

2) And/or, add an Options menu or button, which would invoke a separate screen with GPU-Z Options, similar to how most Windows apps work.
    Most Windows apps have a separate Options screen, which GPU-Z lacks - one should be added.

Thanks in advance for listening!

3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

4. Ravenas Win User

My laptop turns on to a boot menu / app menu screen

Boot menu question

Hey guys I'm trying to run windows repair on my computer by booting my computer from the vista CD, problem is the boot menu doesn't detect my USB keyboard. Are there any options in bios that will make the mobo detect my keyboard in boot menu? I don't have an analog keyboard on hand so this problem is quite annoying. *Bang Head :banghead:

Ravenas, Jun 11, 2024
Thema:

My laptop turns on to a boot menu / app menu screen

1. My laptop turns on to a boot menu / app menu screen - Similar Threads - laptop turns boot

2. My laptop turns on to a boot menu / app menu screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop turns on to a boot menu / app menu screen: My screen comes up with boot menu then when I go into any of the options it’s either a blank screen or a recovery screen then on the recovery screen it has f1 enter recovery mode which doesn’t work or press ESC which just takes me to a blank screen what do I do from here...
  3. My laptop turns on to a boot menu / app menu screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop turns on to a boot menu / app menu screen: My screen comes up with boot menu then when I go into any of the options it’s either a blank screen or a recovery screen then on the recovery screen it has f1 enter recovery mode which doesn’t work or press ESC which just takes me to a blank screen what do I do from here...
  4. My laptop got stuck in boot menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop got stuck in boot menu: My laptop have window that and it window defender got some problem and it not on and I talk to customer care thay said that reinstall windows 10 it will fix but after reinstall windows 10 my laptop off and it start and blue screen after some time now it is stuck in boot menu...
  5. My laptop got stuck in boot menu

My laptop got stuck in boot menu: My laptop have window that and it window defender got some problem and it not on and I talk to customer care thay said that reinstall windows 10 it will fix but after reinstall windows 10 my laptop off and it start and blue screen after some time now it is stuck in boot menu...
  6. My laptop got stuck in boot menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. My laptop keeps on getting bsod and freezing, also boots into boot menu and app menu?...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps on getting bsod and freezing, also boots into boot menu and app menu?...: Some of the bsods: Kernel data inpage error, Critical process error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-keeps-on-getting-bsod-and-freezing-also/53f5d355-e0eb-4b41-940e-5caf8c131f61
  8. My laptop keeps on getting bsod and freezing, also boots into boot menu and app menu?...

My laptop keeps on getting bsod and freezing, also boots into boot menu and app menu?...: Some of the bsods: Kernel data inpage error, Critical process error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-keeps-on-getting-bsod-and-freezing-also/53f5d355-e0eb-4b41-940e-5caf8c131f61
  9. My laptop keeps on getting bsod and freezing, also boots into boot menu and app menu?...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Empty Boot Menu/App Menu Can't boot.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Empty Boot Menu/App Menu Can't boot.: Hi guys, This is my first post after activating my Account 5mins earlier, i've been actually searching for solutions on this forum as a guest but finally decided to open an account and ask you guys in the first place. First of all I'm not sure if the thread subject is in the...