Windows 10: my laptop unlocks without full pin

Discus and support my laptop unlocks without full pin in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just reset my password after forgetting it. When I tried keying in the new password, my laptop unlocks even before I finish keying in the password,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Applelah, May 23, 2022.

1. Applelah Win User

my laptop unlocks without full pin

I just reset my password after forgetting it. When I tried keying in the new password, my laptop unlocks even before I finish keying in the password, is this normal? please help me! I'm really confused and worried

:)

Applelah, May 23, 2022
  2. JayPhi Win User

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, May 23, 2022
  3. Win 10 PIN Login problem. PIN cant unlock my PC if there is no internet

Hi Pranjal,

Thank you for posting your queries in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

Are you able to login to computer using Pin when you connect computer to Internet?

I suggest you to change the PIN on your computer and check if that helps.

Follow these steps to setup a PIN

• Press the Windows+S key combination to display the Search box.
    • Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in
    • Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.
    • Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.
    • Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.
    • Exit the PIN setup utility.
    • From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.
    If you want to change the PIN please follow these steps.

• You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:
    • Press the Windows+S key combination to display the Search box.
    • Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.
    • Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.
    • Enter your Windows password, then click the Ok button.
    • Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.
    • Click the Finish button.
    • Exit the PIN setup utility.

In case of any further queries please contact us, we are glad to assist you.

Regards,

Sudharshan

Sudharshan M K, May 23, 2022
  4. n-ster Win User

n-ster, May 23, 2022
Thema:

1. my laptop unlocks without full pin - Similar Threads - laptop unlocks without

2. I wanted to use my finger reader in order to unlock my laptop and have a pin without using...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I wanted to use my finger reader in order to unlock my laptop and have a pin without using...: When trying to set a new finger or setting up a pin it would tell me that it wasn't available at the moment. That got me thinking how was that possible. After searching I found out that it was because a program called windows hello. And after turning it off, i couldn't use my...
  3. Unlock Laptop pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlock Laptop pin: forgot my laptop pin and I’m unable to login to my outlook account even though I know the email password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlock-laptop-pin/57808229-5a2a-4c90-b7f6-1f45d5acd3c3
  4. Unlock Laptop pin

Unlock Laptop pin: forgot my laptop pin and I’m unable to login to my outlook account even though I know the email password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlock-laptop-pin/57808229-5a2a-4c90-b7f6-1f45d5acd3c3
  5. my laptop unlocks without full pin

my laptop unlocks without full pin: I just reset my password after forgetting it. When I tried keying in the new password, my laptop unlocks even before I finish keying in the password, is this normal? please help me! I'm really confused and worried...
  6. Pin and Unlocking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin and Unlocking: So, I recently got a new laptop, and I thought the pin feature was very useful. However, when I got onto it the other day, it restarted every time I turned it on and asked for my password. When I try to turn the pin back on, Settings says "This option is currently...
  7. Pin and Unlocking

Pin and Unlocking: So, I recently got a new laptop, and I thought the pin feature was very useful. However, when I got onto it the other day, it restarted every time I turned it on and asked for my password. When I try to turn the pin back on, Settings says "This option is currently...
  8. Problem with unlocking my laptop by using hello pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Problem with unlocking my laptop by using hello pin: Recently i have changed my Microsoft Hello pin.After changing the pin i am unable to unlock my laptop by both hellopin and by password.•This what happens when i try to unblock my laptop with hellopin "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Choose another sign in...
  9. I can't unlock my laptop without wifi.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't unlock my laptop without wifi.: I set up my laptop about a week ago and had been using my fingerprint scanner to unlock it but about a day ago it stopped asking me to use the fingerprint and to sign in using my Microsoft login which requires the use of internet, which I don't have access to at the moment....
  10. Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint/PIN/Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint/PIN/Password: I've bought a new laptop (Huawei Matebook D) a few weeks ago: this is my first laptop with a fingerprint reader, so I don't know if this is a known issue or what, anyway it's been behaving like this since I got it. What happens is that sometimes when I start the laptop, or...