Windows 10: My laptop updated overnight and now all of my files are empty

Discus and support My laptop updated overnight and now all of my files are empty in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I opened my laptop this morning, I had a message from Microsoft saying that I needed to sync all of my drives (not sure of the exact words). I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CherylNY_686, Apr 9, 2019.

1. My laptop updated overnight and now all of my files are empty

When I opened my laptop this morning, I had a message from Microsoft saying that I needed to sync all of my drives (not sure of the exact words). I have never gotten anything like this before and in the process of trying to figure out what I needed to do, I checked some of my files and everything is gone! It's like my files were wiped clean! Of course, I have everything backed up, but all of my digital files and all of my pictures (and everything else) are gone! My external hard drive is fine. I keep it plugged in at all times and it was untouched. I think the key might be One Drive, because it's empty too.

Has anybody else had this happen and how do I get my files back? I have checked my Flickr account and all of my pictures are still intact as are my Google Photos.

I've tried everything that I know to do - resigned into my Microsoft Account and updated my phone app + downloaded the Microsoft Authenticator App, but my files are still gone.

Thanks for any help!

Cheryl

:)

CherylNY_686, Apr 9, 2019
  2. malware Win User

Alienware Area 51 m15x BIOS Update Released

If you were among the group of people experiencing overheating issues with your Alienware Area 51 m15x laptop, then there are some good news for you. A new BIOS update, version X29b P3A30 is now available. The update allegedly allows VGA fans to increase up to 5400 rpm and thus better cool the GPU. To obtain the new BIOS, you'll need to email the m15x support line (L: Area51_m15x@alienware.com). In reply you should receive a link to the BIOS .zip archive. Once you download the small file, Alienware recommends to follow the steps described in the Read full story marker.

Open Nero Ultra Edition, click Backup, and then click “Burn Image to Disc.” Next, select the file “m15x_x29b.iso from the unzipped folder.

• Plug your AC adapter in
    • Disconnect all third-party peripherals
    • Don’t turn off the computer or restart it during the update
    • Don’t eject your DVD/Blu-ray drive during the update.
    Steps:
    • Open BIOS by tapping F12 during boot
    • Set BIOS to boot from your CD-ROM drive first
    • Save and exit
    • Upon reboot, the BIOS flash update will proceed
    • Click “Yes” through the prompts
    • Restart
    Source: LAPTOP Magazine

malware, Apr 9, 2019
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Apr 9, 2019
  4. monim1 Win User

My laptop updated overnight and now all of my files are empty

EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

My laptop updated overnight and now all of my files are empty

1. My laptop updated overnight and now all of my files are empty - Similar Threads - laptop updated overnight

2. Did my laptop collapse overnight?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Did my laptop collapse overnight?: Greetings. Hope some of you good folks may have an idea about this situation here it is:So before the situation i passed out asleep near my laptop still loaded and everything and around 8 or so hours pass when i wake up i notice my laptop is "asleep" and when i woke him up i...
  3. Did my laptop collapse overnight?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did my laptop collapse overnight?: Greetings. Hope some of you good folks may have an idea about this situation here it is:So before the situation i passed out asleep near my laptop still loaded and everything and around 8 or so hours pass when i wake up i notice my laptop is "asleep" and when i woke him up i...
  4. Did my laptop collapse overnight?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "This folder is empty" message on all my files after the latest update--how to recover my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This folder is empty" message on all my files after the latest update--how to recover my...: After the latest update, all of my folders display the same message: "This folder is empty." How can I regain access to my files? I'm using Windows 10....
  6. "This folder is empty" message on all my files after the latest update--how to recover my...

"This folder is empty" message on all my files after the latest update--how to recover my...: After the latest update, all of my folders display the same message: "This folder is empty." How can I regain access to my files? I'm using Windows 10....
  7. All files gone - windows update overnight

All files gone - windows update overnight: Woke up this morning to find all our laptops had been updated by windows overnight, and all our files were gone?!?! After a heartstopping moment, and some intense searching, I've found them all under C:/users, but they are still not showing up under My Documents, My...
  8. Wierd changes to my laptop overnight

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wierd changes to my laptop overnight: So I opened my laptop this morning and right after I enter my password and log in to the computer, it restarted and here are some things that I noticed: - Kaspersky has disappeared from my computer and whenever I try to open it from the shortcut it says that the file has...
  9. All my files are gone and windows have reinstalled from overnight

All my files are gone and windows have reinstalled from overnight: I had my windows full of documents and photos then i went to sleep 10april 2020 now then i woke up 11 april 2020 i put laptop on. i saw all my photos and documents are gone all internet explorers and apps i had installed are gone by over nogth . I know i didnt do anything ....
  10. Overnight "Access is denied" to all my Word files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Overnight "Access is denied" to all my Word files: Oh dear. Windows spent hours updating my system overnight and I find that "Access is denied" to all my Office 365 Word files. I can access Word itself OK. Help, what should I do please?...