Windows 10: My laptop uses more power when it's plugged in. How to change this?

Discus and support My laptop uses more power when it's plugged in. How to change this? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I currently have a problem. I have noticed that my laptop uses more power when it's plugged in, because the fan always becomes louder and when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AdriánT95, Apr 16, 2021.

1. My laptop uses more power when it's plugged in. How to change this?

Hi,

I currently have a problem. I have noticed that my laptop uses more power when it's plugged in, because the fan always becomes louder and when I'm on battery, it's much more silent.

I'm sure this is due to some configuration on Windows, because I also have Linux on my laptop and this doesn't happen when I'm on Linux. The CPU temperatures are the same whether I'm on battery or not there. So, I would like the same on Windows.

Is there any way to achieve this?

Thank you in advance!

:)

AdriánT95, Apr 16, 2021
  2. DianeGill Win User

about plug-in or plug-out with AC adapter

I have done all of the above and when I plug my computer in with a fully charged battery the screen still goes black - I am on Windows 10 and my computer is 3 days old - HP Pavillion Laptop - I know there has got to be an easy answer for this Problem - Like
    a setting somewhere, but I am used to using my computer plugged in at all times and I think that it is stupid that I have to take out the battery to do this??? Any more suggestions??? :-(

DianeGill, Apr 16, 2021
  3. slance310 Win User
    Change of brightness when power adapter is plugged in or out

Hi,

You should have separate Brightness settings for Battery and Plugged in (Power)...

I don't have access to my laptop at the moment to provide the precise steps to change the settings.... sorry...

slance310, Apr 16, 2021
  4. My laptop uses more power when it's plugged in. How to change this?

How to keep the same brightness as when the laptop is plugged in while on battery power?

Hi,

If the Power Options settings have been configured to reduce brightness when the laptop is plugged in, you will experience this issue.

To rectify the problem, please be guided by the steps below:

• From the desktop screen, right-click the Start button.
    • Click Power Options from the menu.
    • From the right pane of the Power Options window, click the
      Change plan settings
      link representing the power plan that is currently selected.
      Normally the Balanced (recommended) power plan is selected by default.
    • Once the next window opens up, move the Adjust plan brightness slider under the
      Plugged in column to the right to increase the brightness. If you are unsure about which settings would be best for your laptop, click the
      Restore default settings for this plan link.
    • Click Save changes. The Save changes button would remain disabled if you have restored the power plan settings to default.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

My laptop uses more power when it's plugged in. How to change this?

1. My laptop uses more power when it's plugged in. How to change this? - Similar Threads - laptop uses more

2. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in: Hie . My laptop carshes every 5-10min when ever i am working on it. First is checked with The power is plugged in and the battery also it crashed. Then i removed the battery and connected directly to power plugged in it crashes again. Can anyone help me figure out what is the...
  3. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in: Hie . My laptop carshes every 5-10min when ever i am working on it. First is checked with The power is plugged in and the battery also it crashed. Then i removed the battery and connected directly to power plugged in it crashes again. Can anyone help me figure out what is the...
  4. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop screen brightness keeps changing randomly when not plugged in to power.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop screen brightness keeps changing randomly when not plugged in to power.: Dell Inspiron 3520 Windows 10 Screen brightness dims suddenly & briefly every few seconds, but only when on battery. No problem when plugged in to mains. Have just got a new battery as old one completely dead.Any suggestions how to resolve this welcome! Many thanks...
  6. Laptop screen brightness keeps changing randomly when not plugged in to power.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop screen brightness keeps changing randomly when not plugged in to power.: Dell Inspiron 3520 Windows 10 Screen brightness dims suddenly & briefly every few seconds, but only when on battery. No problem when plugged in to mains. Have just got a new battery as old one completely dead.Any suggestions how to resolve this welcome! Many thanks...
  7. How to change Power button action when on battery or plugged in

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Power button action when on battery or plugged in: [ATTACH]In this post, we will show you how to change the Power button action […] This article How to change Power button action when on battery or plugged in first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Laptop is using battery power even when it is plugged in and fully charged.

Laptop is using battery power even when it is plugged in and fully charged.: Hi guys, couple of months ago i bought a new gaming laptop that have a GTX1050 4gb graphic. But now a days I noticed that when i play heavy games like GTA V, Far cry 5, Resident evil 3 etc. my laptop is using battery power even I plugged in. When i do less power demanding...
  9. Laptop powers off when not plugged in to power source

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop powers off when not plugged in to power source: Recently my HP Notebook will not charge above 0%. It turns on when plugged in to power source but instantly turns off when disconnected from the charger. Any information regarding this issue would be appreciated. Thanks!...
  10. How do i make my power plan change when plugged or not plugged.

How do i make my power plan change when plugged or not plugged.: So in the control panel, I found this power plan section. I usually always charge my computer as I use it so I choose the high-performance plan, but it uses more energy so when I don't charge my computer and use it I want it to change to hp recommended power plan that doesn't...