Windows 10: My laptop wants me to "verify my identity" but the email it wants is no longer linked to my...

Discus and support My laptop wants me to "verify my identity" but the email it wants is no longer linked to my... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As stated in the title my Laptop is repeatedly asking me to verify my identity, but when I click to verify the email it gives me to sign into is one no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Henry Riedmeyer, Apr 7, 2020.

1. My laptop wants me to "verify my identity" but the email it wants is no longer linked to my...

As stated in the title my Laptop is repeatedly asking me to verify my identity, but when I click to verify the email it gives me to sign into is one no longer linked to my Microsoft account. It isn't a serious problem, but it is annoying that every time I open my computer it tells me to "Fix my Account". If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Henry Riedmeyer, Apr 7, 2020

2. Verify your identity oln this PC

Being ask to verify my identity, since the last update - Creators Update - it no longer accept the remain letters for the email or the numbers for the mobile phone on the PC

As a result it no longer sync ...

Any suggestions?

esbkk11000, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Verify identity link in windows 10 does nothing

Hi Bill,

Please answer this question to assist you better.

Are you referring to Verifying the Microsoft Account?

If yes; Yes It is important from a security point of view that you verify your identity on your
    Windows 10 PC. Verifying your identity helps you protect your data. If when accessing sensitive information from this device, if Microsoft suspects fraudulent activity, they will ask you to enter a security code which will be sent to your Microsoft
    Account email ID or your mobile phone number.

If you use this device frequently to access important data, then verifying your identity once will help Microsoft that it is indeed you, who is using the PC.

Refer the link below.

About two-step verification

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/two-step-verification-faq

Do let us know if you are able to verify your account. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 7, 2020
  4. My laptop wants me to "verify my identity" but the email it wants is no longer linked to my...

Verifying identity on new laptop

I cannot verify the identity on my new laptop. it seems stuck on that page, with the identity codes i have tried not being accepted. When i went on my old laptop and requested a new password they sent me a code to verify a change of password and that worked
    fine on my old laptop. I have tried the old code and the new code on my new laptop but neither have been accepted.

CraigRichards4, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

My laptop wants me to "verify my identity" but the email it wants is no longer linked to my...

1. My laptop wants me to "verify my identity" but the email it wants is no longer linked to my... - Similar Threads - laptop wants verify

2. Verifying my identity

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Verifying my identity: When selecting Settings/Accounts/Your info I am informed that I need to verify my identity by clicking on a blue hyperlink labelled Verify. However, whenever I do click on this link I am presented with the following message in red:- "Sorry, there's a problem with the...
  3. My store bought laptop wants me to verify windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My store bought laptop wants me to verify windows: i spent 600$ on a laptop at an official electronics store and now after 6 months it wants me to put in the computers windows key but i dont have that since they didnt give me anything other than the laptop a receipt and its charger. what do i do to fix this?...
  4. Cannot verify my identity

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot verify my identity: In windows 10, I cannot verify my identity in the "Your Info" tab under settings in Windows 10 because that account email doesn't exist. I have a Microsoft account but when I try to enter that information to verify I get the error "An illegal state change was requested"...
  5. I can’t verify my identity on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t verify my identity on my laptop: Ive tried downloading apps and then this blank white screen pops up. The same thing happens when i try to verify my identity in settings, can anyone tell me why this is happening and if there is a way to fix it?...
  6. Can not verify my Identity to my computer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can not verify my Identity to my computer.: I am trying to sync my passwords between my devices, but when attempting to, a prompt appears for me to enter a password for an account long gone. I have tried changing the password to said account, but when I try that it tells me the account no longer exists which I knew as...
  7. Can't verify my identity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't verify my identity: On "Settings/Update & Security/Windows security/Account protection/Microsoft account" it says "Verify your identity to sync passwords across your devices" with a "Verify" button below, but, when I click on the "Verify" button, a popup appears, briefly says "Just a moment",...
  8. My email link no longer works on my website.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My email link no longer works on my website.: I was updating my website. I noticed that my email link was not working. I get a notice saying the app is not installed or if it is installed, do this, do that, etc? Website has had no issues until recently. Can someone tell me what app is missing?...
  9. Verify my identity for my Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Verify my identity for my Microsoft account: I need to verify my identity for my Microsoft account as I have a different cell phone number now. --- How do I do that? Everything else is the same as far as I know. Maybe I'll find out something different but now is the time to find out. My Windows version number is 1903...
  10. I want to look at of my emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to look at of my emails: I don't know why I can't find my email passwords. I keep finding everything else. I need to find out my paypal password right now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-look-at-of-my-emails/30ec11d0-c713-402b-87ec-90b4d43d2e1d