Windows 10: My laptop was just updated this hour. It is now five times slower than it was before the...

Discus and support My laptop was just updated this hour. It is now five times slower than it was before the... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft, It is with my utmost resent with which I post this today. Why, oh why, would you ever make a system so slow, it is slower than a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by chasehill8.1, Jun 23, 2019.

1. My laptop was just updated this hour. It is now five times slower than it was before the...

Dear Microsoft,

It is with my utmost resent with which I post this today. Why, oh why, would you ever make a system so slow, it is slower than a sloth in a molasses pit in winter, and gets slower with each update? I am barely able to run my high end games on my machine. Now, I can't. I mean, even system tools aren't responding within the expected half second! It is taking more than five! I have run all the defragging, optimizing, and repairing I possibly can, to absolutely no avail How do you explain this away, eh? By saying it's my machine? I assure you, it is not. Here's my system info:

Operating System
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    CPU
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ @ 2.80GHz
    Kaby Lake 14nm Technology
    RAM
    8.00GB Single-Channel Unknown @ 1197MHz (17-17-17-39)
    Motherboard
    LENOVO LNVNB161216 (U3E1)
    Graphics
    Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)
    Intel HD Graphics 630 (Lenovo)
    4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (Lenovo)
    ForceWare version: 391.25
    SLI Disabled
    Storage
    931GB Seagate ST1000LM035-1RK172 (SATA )
    Optical Drives
    No optical disk drives detected
    Audio
    Realtek High Definition Audio

My machine could not possibly be the issue here. I am malware free, as checked by Malwarebytes, I have very few programs running, and those that are, are idle, and this system is STILL using 40% of my RAM! This is consistent no MATTER what I do. This is causing me a lot of strife Microsoft, and I don't want to have to drop you because you can't put out a fast and stable system! I grew up with you, for cryin out loud! I have family ties to a product tester in this company, and throughout my life, I've seen some cool things comin out of you, like windows 8.1 (blazing fast, super stable, never crashed or froze, and never once stuttered in frame rates), and some downright embarrassing things, windows 10 included. I WISH I could switch to windows 8.1, but because you people can't allow new drivers to be made for it, I can't put it on my laptop because the processor and network drivers are incompatible with the system! Trust me, the ONLY way you will ever make any more money out of windows 10 is by making it the only option (oh wait, you already have) OR making windows 10 more like windows 8.1! Don't even try to help me with this issue, I've tried everything your "techs" have suggested. I've tried almost everything the forums suggest! I even TRIED switching back to windows 8.1, but evidently, I need a four year old machine to do it!

You need to pick up the ball people, cause you dropped it bad with this one. If it is at all possible, I think windows 10 is windows 2000's evil futuristic twin.

:)

chasehill8.1, Jun 23, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond My laptop was just updated this hour. It is now five times slower than it was before the... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 23, 2019
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jun 23, 2019
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

My laptop was just updated this hour. It is now five times slower than it was before the...

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

My laptop was just updated this hour. It is now five times slower than it was before the...

1. My laptop was just updated this hour. It is now five times slower than it was before the... - Similar Threads - laptop was updated

2. Computer working slower than before

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer working slower than before: Hello, I'm having this problem for some time. When I turn off the computer, it's light on the on/off button always flickers. That's normal, but it started to flicker for like 3 minutes and It's harder to shut down the computer. Or my computer crashes and freezes for no...
  3. Computer working slower than before

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer working slower than before: Hello, I'm having this problem for some time. When I turn off the computer, it's light on the on/off button always flickers. That's normal, but it started to flicker for like 3 minutes and It's harder to shut down the computer. Or my computer crashes and freezes for no...
  4. Computer working slower than before

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Lenovo laptop slower than before

Lenovo laptop slower than before: Hello My problem is that i bought this Lenovo IdeaPad 330 laptop, it was running very smoothly and was very fast for maybe 2-4months, i could play league with 180 fps with high settings, now when i turn off vertical sync, my screen is tearing and fps is just constatly...
  6. Totally factory reset my laptop and it seems even slower than before

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Totally factory reset my laptop and it seems even slower than before: My laptop was being slow and so I completely reset it. Now it seems even slower and the start up seems slower too. Opening apps seems slower and takes more time. What can I do? submitted by /u/bluetundra123 [link] [comments]...
  7. battery issue and laptop is running slower than before

battery issue and laptop is running slower than before: As I'm using dell inspiron 15 5570 windows 10 home . My battery fully changing capacity is decreased suddenly from 31,000mWH to 23,000mWH. So kindly help me to increase my fully charging capacity and increase my system performance....
  8. My internet cannot connect or is much slower than it was before

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My internet cannot connect or is much slower than it was before: I have had an issue with my internet after an update on my windows 10 PC telling me that I "connect to this network'' or when connected its very slow, I have tried practically every solution to fix it, like network reset, command prompts, update drivers, uninstall and then...
  9. FIVE BSODs this morning in less than one hour

FIVE BSODs this morning in less than one hour: I had five BSODs in less than one hour this morning, one while Windows was still booting up.*Banghead There was no DMP file for that crash. I ran the beta collector for three of other four crashes. I'm uploading all three beta collector ZIP files here. Before today, I had no...
  10. clock five hours ahead of time

in Windows 10 Support
    clock five hours ahead of time: i try both of those options, the time zone is correct , make sure the clock in bios is correct; but every time i start windows 10, it always shows the clock five hours ahead of time. I always have to go to settings and turn the auto time set button off and on in order to show...