Windows 10: My laptop was stolen, I am looking for help to remotely wipe the hard drive if possible

Discus and support My laptop was stolen, I am looking for help to remotely wipe the hard drive if possible in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My Windows 10 laptop was stolen yesterday. It had a 4-digit PIN number for security. I am unsure if Bitlocker was activated to encrypt the hard drive,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MB357x, Oct 15, 2021.

1. MB357x Win User

My laptop was stolen, I am looking for help to remotely wipe the hard drive if possible

My Windows 10 laptop was stolen yesterday. It had a 4-digit PIN number for security. I am unsure if Bitlocker was activated to encrypt the hard drive, but I have located a Bitlocker Key in my Microsoft account. I have followed the "Find my Device" guideline and "Locked" my device from my account it said "unable to lock at this moment, we will send an email when it is locked". I have yet to receive this email.What is my next/best course of action if any that I can take through Microsoft?Thanks for any help.

:)

MB357x, Oct 15, 2021
  2. CDesign Win User

stolen windows 10 laptop.

My Acer Aspire laptop running Windows 10 64 bit was stolen Saturday morning.

Device has not been turned on, or connected since it was stolen. I went to Microsoft support site and it showed the last location that my laptop was used at. I clicked on Lock button. Microsoft said they can't locate my device, but will send me an email
    when my laptop has been detected. Will Microsoft automatically Lock my laptop when it has been activated, and connected to internet, or will i have to go back to the support site and click on lock button again? What exactly happens when Microsoft locks a stolen
    device, does it make it difficult for thieves to access my laptop. Does Microsoft have the capability to remote wipe the hard-drive of my laptop, using port to port process? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, especially advice on any options for
    wiping the hard-drive of my laptop using port to port, or software. I have no tracking software

installed on laptop.

Many thanks for your suggestions,

Christoph

i

CDesign, Oct 15, 2021
  3. How to wipe a hard drive

modder I already used kill-disk. The deletion is done, I need to reinstall everything.

floridajerseyguy, Oct 15, 2021
  4. My laptop was stolen, I am looking for help to remotely wipe the hard drive if possible

Emergency! Stolen Windows 10 laptop...can I remotely lock/wipe?

My brothers 10 year old laptop had Windows 10 installed. Was stolen last night. Can I remotely lock and/or wipe in case the thieves connect to the internet. The Laptop is not locked and is auto sign-in.

thanks!

smoothdogfish, Oct 15, 2021
Thema:

My laptop was stolen, I am looking for help to remotely wipe the hard drive if possible

1. My laptop was stolen, I am looking for help to remotely wipe the hard drive if possible - Similar Threads - laptop was stolen

2. I think i accidently wiped my hard drive. help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think i accidently wiped my hard drive. help!: I was trying to perform a dual boot. I was on the ubuntu disk manager and i was trying to figure out where I had installed pear OS previously. then i accidentally clicked on the new partition table button and it cleared up the drive. realizing the mistake I've done, i...
  3. I think i accidently wiped my hard drive. help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think i accidently wiped my hard drive. help!: I was trying to perform a dual boot. I was on the ubuntu disk manager and i was trying to figure out where I had installed pear OS previously. then i accidentally clicked on the new partition table button and it cleared up the drive. realizing the mistake I've done, i...
  4. My surface just got stolen. How do I disable windows on it remotely or wipe out the hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My surface just got stolen. How do I disable windows on it remotely or wipe out the hard drive?: My surface just got stolen. How do I disable windows on it remotely or wipe out the hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-surface-just-got-stolen-how-do-i-disable/689c72fe-714f-4bcf-8c14-8720f106394f
  5. My surface just got stolen. How do I disable windows on it remotely or wipe out the hard drive?

My surface just got stolen. How do I disable windows on it remotely or wipe out the hard drive?: My surface just got stolen. How do I disable windows on it remotely or wipe out the hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-surface-just-got-stolen-how-do-i-disable/689c72fe-714f-4bcf-8c14-8720f106394f
  6. My surface just got stolen. How do I disable windows on it remotely or wipe out the hard drive?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. My laptop was stolen, I am looking for help to remotely wipe the hard drive if possible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop was stolen, I am looking for help to remotely wipe the hard drive if possible: My Windows 10 laptop was stolen yesterday. It had a 4-digit PIN number for security. I am unsure if Bitlocker was activated to encrypt the hard drive, but I have located a Bitlocker Key in my Microsoft account. I have followed the "Find my Device" guideline and "Locked" my...
  8. My laptop was stolen, I am looking for help to remotely wipe the hard drive if possible

My laptop was stolen, I am looking for help to remotely wipe the hard drive if possible: My Windows 10 laptop was stolen yesterday. It had a 4-digit PIN number for security. I am unsure if Bitlocker was activated to encrypt the hard drive, but I have located a Bitlocker Key in my Microsoft account. I have followed the "Find my Device" guideline and "Locked" my...
  9. Wipe data from stolen laptop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wipe data from stolen laptop?: Can anyone please help me.. How to wipe data from stolen laptop?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wipe-data-from-stolen-laptop/c7a07385-a330-4557-86f4-0bfb32d6a4ec"
  10. My laptop was stolen! help!!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop was stolen! help!!!: My laptop was stolen and I’m not being able to locate it thru “find my device”, it says its offline since before it has been stolen. But it also says the last time the device status changed is after it was stolen. What does it mean and what should I do ?...