Windows 10: My laptop was upgraded from windows 7 professional to windows 10 professional. I checked...

Discus and support My laptop was upgraded from windows 7 professional to windows 10 professional. I checked... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Mostly what I said in the title. My grandfather gave me his old laptop and I upgraded it for free back when they were doing that promotion. I pulled up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/stickysandals, Jul 6, 2020.

1. My laptop was upgraded from windows 7 professional to windows 10 professional. I checked...

Mostly what I said in the title. My grandfather gave me his old laptop and I upgraded it for free back when they were doing that promotion. I pulled up the license on my command prompt(image link below) and it's retail. I want to transfer this to a PC I'm going to build and I don't think the product key has been transferred before. Thanks!

https://imgur.com/a/VW4lss2

submitted by /u/stickysandals
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/stickysandals, Jul 6, 2020

2. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Professional by using Windows 7 Professional

Hi All,

I have bought a new notebook with Windows 10 Home, but I have Windows 7 Professional, as there is free upgrade of Windows 7 to Windows 10, can I use my Windows 7 Professional key to upgrade my new notebook to Windows 10 Professional, and how to do it. Thanks.

Wayne

WAYNELAW2008, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Updating from Windows 7 Professional to Windows Professional

I want to upgrade to Windows 10 professional from Windows 7 professional. On my Windows 7 professionals machine I have several users and groups. I have third party software like my Kaspersky internet security. I also have a lot of downloaded applications
    that allow me access to on-line accounts. I have favorites, folders for each user's accounts, PII and other items. Also, I have VS professional, MS SQL and management and other development tools installed. Will the upgrade cause any problems with all of the
    existing items listed above? Also, do all cached passwords and ID get deleted. Finally, should I backup my system before I do the upgrade and if so is there an on-line cloud site that I can use for the backup?

Thanks,

Steve Holdorf

SteveHoldorf, Jul 6, 2020
  4. Klm17 Win User

My laptop was upgraded from windows 7 professional to windows 10 professional. I checked...

I have windows 7 professional enterprise will my upgrade be windows 10 professional enterprise?

I have windows 7 professional enterprise, if I take the free windows 10 upgrade will my upgrade be windows 10 professional enterprise

Klm17, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

My laptop was upgraded from windows 7 professional to windows 10 professional. I checked...

1. My laptop was upgraded from windows 7 professional to windows 10 professional. I checked... - Similar Threads - laptop was upgraded

2. Upgrade from Window 7 Professional to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Window 7 Professional to Windows 10: Hello,I need to upgrade from Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10. Can I do this for free or do I need to purchase a dvd? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-window-7-professional-to-windows-10/fce60a4e-e339-4df1-8ffb-19e69637f63e
  3. Upgrade from Window 7 Professional to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Window 7 Professional to Windows 10: Hello,I need to upgrade from Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10. Can I do this for free or do I need to purchase a dvd? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-window-7-professional-to-windows-10/fce60a4e-e339-4df1-8ffb-19e69637f63e
  4. Upgrade from Window 7 Professional to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Professional

in Windows 10 Customization
    Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Professional: I was sent a link from Microsoft to upgrade my Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10. The link worked just fine and now I have to activate Windows 10 and the software is asking for a product key. I do not have a product key. How do I activate Windows 10?...
  6. window 7 professional upgrading

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    window 7 professional upgrading: I have original Dell 2011 computer. Being retired use computer to play games , look E-Mail and to pay bills. Can any thing be done to keep this running to serve my purpose,...
  7. Upgrade from Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10

Upgrade from Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10: My computer logs in with a local account and not an online account. While I had windows 7 Professional I would login with my fingerprint. After upgrading to Windows 10, when I scan my finger, I came to know that the system do not logged in with the help of fingerprint,...
  8. UPGRADE WINDOWS 7 PROFESSIONAL TO 10

UPGRADE WINDOWS 7 PROFESSIONAL TO 10: Presently running Windows 7 Professional with Windows XP Virtual installed. Can I upgrade to 10 without losing XP Virtual https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-windows-7-professional-to-10/f8f2ce03-e856-46bd-bd55-b01a51ea446e
  9. Upgrading to Windows 10 Professional using a windows 7 Professional Key

Upgrading to Windows 10 Professional using a windows 7 Professional Key: Hi, Hoping someone can give me a proper and definitive answer on this as there are multiple conflicting answers. 1. Can you upgrade from windows 10 home to windows 10 Professional using a Windows 7 professional Key ? 2. Can you install windows 10 Pro and activate it...
  10. Questions concerning the Upgrade from Windows 7 professional to Windows 10 professional

Questions concerning the Upgrade from Windows 7 professional to Windows 10 professional: Soon, I will have to make a decision to upgrade my Windows 7 professional operating system to Windows 10 operating system. I have been using Windows 7 professional on my current PC for several years and purchased many third party software programs that were designed for...