Windows 10: My laptop went from 8gb ram to 2gb ram

Discus and support My laptop went from 8gb ram to 2gb ram in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi every body. Idk if you guys have ever had this weird situation before , but my laptop was windows 7 8gb ram and 32- bit. I installed windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AarontheGoat, Mar 13, 2020.

1. My laptop went from 8gb ram to 2gb ram

Hi every body. Idk if you guys have ever had this weird situation before , but my laptop was windows 7 8gb ram and 32- bit. I installed windows 10 64bit. But when i got everything done, i check and saw that my laptop is now 2gb ram. Idk why, has anybody ever encountered this situation before? Please help. Thanks

:)

AarontheGoat, Mar 13, 2020
  2. prashii Win User

Windows shows 8GB RAM installed but 4GB RAM is usable

Hi There,

I've just upgraded my pc from 4GB RAM to 8GB RAM. Windows seems to have detected this upgrade but why does it show as only 4GB RAM available. The following is what I have tried so far with no luck:

• I have tried the msconfig method on ensuring maximum memory is not checked.
    • physically removed the new RAM and reinstalled it
    Any thoughts/suggestions on how i can resolve this matter?

Thanks

prashii, Mar 13, 2020
  3. Usable of 8GB Ram

Hello,

I am using Windows 10 32 bit operating system with 8GB Ram. My laptop showing only 1.91 GB Ram usable, PLEASE help me how to used all 8gb ram?

AadilMemon, Mar 13, 2020
  4. AHO-UK90 Win User

My laptop went from 8gb ram to 2gb ram

Error message: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE after upgrading RAM

I have just upgraded my Dell Laptop XPS-L501x with 8GB (2 x 4GB) RAM as it originally came with 4GB (2 x 2GB).

Laptop attempts to boot but windows flags KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE error..!

Replaced the old set of RAM modules and all is well.

The new RAM modules are made by Crucial and accroding to them it is a match for my laptop's spec.

The new RAM does appear in the BIOS showing as extended memory just short of 8GB.

Anyone has any suggestions or can recommend a solution..?

Thanks..!

AHO-UK90, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

My laptop went from 8gb ram to 2gb ram

1. My laptop went from 8gb ram to 2gb ram - Similar Threads - laptop went 8gb

2. RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?: I hope you can understand my problem from the title, but let me explain a bit further.I'm no genius when it comes to computers, but this feels weird.Yes, i've tried to search a solution, but what seems most reasonable is a hardware problem so before i take it to an expert i'd...
  3. RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?: I hope you can understand my problem from the title, but let me explain a bit further.I'm no genius when it comes to computers, but this feels weird.Yes, i've tried to search a solution, but what seems most reasonable is a hardware problem so before i take it to an expert i'd...
  4. I have 5.5gb ram available in my 8gb ram laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 5.5gb ram available in my 8gb ram laptop: So, I have a vostro 5402 specs: cpu: i5 1135g7 ram: 1x8gb gpu: intel iris xe and mx330 2GB . I checked in task manager and intel graphic command center and found out that it is only 5.5gb of ram available. I think that I accident allocated some of my ram on the dedicated...
  5. I have 5.5gb ram available in my 8gb ram laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have 5.5gb ram available in my 8gb ram laptop: So, I have a vostro 5402 specs: cpu: i5 1135g7 ram: 1x8gb gpu: intel iris xe and mx330 2GB . I checked in task manager and intel graphic command center and found out that it is only 5.5gb of ram available. I think that I accident allocated some of my ram on the dedicated...
  6. how to change hardware reserved ram ?I have 8gb ram and 2gb is reserved and 2gb for system...

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change hardware reserved ram ?I have 8gb ram and 2gb is reserved and 2gb for system...: [ATTACH][ATTACH]how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-hardware-reserved-ram-i-have-8gb-ram/8e5e1bd5-4567-4cae-81ce-222c80430079
  7. 8gb ram installed 2gb ram usable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    8gb ram installed 2gb ram usable: i just used the recovery option in my pc and it seems that windows doesn't use all my ram i tried going to ms config and then boot setting but didn't work any other fix??...
  8. RAM - Missing 2GB of active RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RAM - Missing 2GB of active RAM: So I am running Win10 Home 64-bit. Recently noticed that of the 16gb ram installed (4x4) only 14gb shows up in windows. So I bought 2x8gb sticks to upgrade - now have 24gb (2x4 and 2x8) but again only 22gb is showing up in windows. I have cheeked the BIOS says that I...
  9. 8gb RAM?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    8gb RAM?: Iam thinking of going to 8gb or RAM. Problem is I have 4 RAM slots on my motherboard and if I did buy the ram I'd get 2x4gb sticks. Would this make any difference? Would it work? 40075
  10. is 2GB RAM enough?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    is 2GB RAM enough?: I was going to install Windows 10 on an old Pentium Dual Core PC with 2GB RAM, currently running Windows 7. Is it best to upgrade the RAM to 4GB first? 6444