Windows 10: my laptop wifi driver is not working , it is getting disabled every time and showing code...

Discus and support my laptop wifi driver is not working , it is getting disabled every time and showing code... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i had attached the screenshot also .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kadali Purna Chandu, Nov 25, 2022.

1. my laptop wifi driver is not working , it is getting disabled every time and showing code...

i had attached the screenshot also .

:)

Kadali Purna Chandu, Nov 25, 2022

2. Wifi completely disabled

Hi Ben,

It seems that your wireless card may have been disabled or could be uninstalled. To help sort out this issue, I suggest that you restart your laptop first. Once the laptop is back on, check if your WiFi is reconnected. If not, check your laptop's Device
    Manager and see if the wireless card is detected. Follow these steps:

• Right-click the Windows key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand Network adapters and look for your WiFi adapter.
    • If it's there, right-click it and click Properties.
    • Check the Device status.

If the device status shows that the device is working properly, then check if the Airplane mode on your laptop is turned on. Just press the
    Windows key + A to open Action Center. If it's on, then turn it off and see if WiFi is working.

Please update this thread with the result so I can assist you further.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 25, 2022
  3. Gulve Win User
    Laptop keeps restarting every time I connect to Wifi.

• Are you getting any error messages?
    Code:
    [b]No I am not getting any error message. It is just getting restart automatically.[/b]
    • Is the issue isolated to a specific WiFi connection?
    Code:
    [b]Yes. This issue is specific to WiFi connection at my Home. It works fine on Smartphone's Hot spot.[/b]
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    Code:
    [b]So far, I have only tried uninstalling security update, after which it works fine with mu home WiFi also as it used to work before this security update.[/b]

Gulve, Nov 25, 2022
  4. Davidk Win User

my laptop wifi driver is not working , it is getting disabled every time and showing code...

Getting wiFi working under migrated windows 10

Thanks to all for all the suggestions. Bottom line, I have gotten it to work after a number of "ups and downs", but there is a story to it and in the hope someone else may learn from it, I'll outline it below. And there is a critical step.

My test condition was to connect to a smart phone set up as a wifi hotspot, accessing the net from the HP laptop via that wifi connection and then the mobile phone network. This had also been tested in the win7 days over christmas 2021 during an extended broadband outage (an electrical storm surge destroyed the modem router, so I had about 10 days waiting for a new one to arrive. Meanwhile, wifi to the net via the hotspot). So I knew that worked.

1. The un-changed driver did not respond to the Fn+F12 suggestion.
    2. Google searching on the AR9485 adapter got a range of answers, one of which took me to the HP support site. The responses were all of the form "are there any win10 drivers for this adapter?" One user on the HP forum (same adapter, different laptop model) was so pissed off that he plugged in a wifi dongle and got a working connection that way. At this point I'd concluded that this would be my alternate method if the integral wifi system on my HP could not be gotten to work under win10.

Despite my search efforts, a geek colleague found a win10 driver for the AR9485 adapter at a site, screenshot (AR9485 driver update) attached. This covers a number of adapters so I've underlined the one I needed. Pressed the green button and downloaded it.
    Extracted the driver, installed by executing the athw10x.inf file that was in the archive and tried it out. Device manager showed the updated driver version and supposedly working, . . . screenshot (driver updated) attached.

Still nothing worked. But in looking at the network settings, wifi page, apart from showing no wifi networks to connect to, it said the wifi was off. Manually starting it was an option but how was unstated. Then I noted the wifi slider at a different part of the page: it was off. So I manually slid it to on: screenshot 'network settings Aug22' of this critical step attached. And then things started working. With the wifi manually on, the laptop now detected a number of wifi networks, screenshot 'network settings_2 Aug22' attached. This latter image also shows the LAN broadband connection also attached (network 5); after connecting to the hotspot and removing that LAN connection, I was able to test the wifi via the hotspot using the browser (several news pages) and the email package (several email accounts, inboxes).

The F12 wifi on/off key also now works correctly. And the critical item was turning wifi on in the windows settings page.

Thanks to all, again.

David

Davidk, Nov 25, 2022
Thema:

my laptop wifi driver is not working , it is getting disabled every time and showing code...

1. my laptop wifi driver is not working , it is getting disabled every time and showing code... - Similar Threads - laptop wifi driver

2. My laptop is showing bsod errors. It shows an error within every 3-4hrs. And every time it...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop is showing bsod errors. It shows an error within every 3-4hrs. And every time it...: I am learning coding and from the past week my laptop is showing bsod errors. I tried updating my drivers and updated my windows but still it's not working. It shows a new bsod error every time. Pls help.My laptop is Elite book 8460p and is running windows 10...
  3. My laptop is showing bsod errors. It shows an error within every 3-4hrs. And every time it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is showing bsod errors. It shows an error within every 3-4hrs. And every time it...: I am learning coding and from the past week my laptop is showing bsod errors. I tried updating my drivers and updated my windows but still it's not working. It shows a new bsod error every time. Pls help.My laptop is Elite book 8460p and is running windows 10...
  4. My screen get frozen every time my Laptop runs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen get frozen every time my Laptop runs: My laptop got the update KB5030310 two days ago. Since then, it always gets screen freezing after approximately 1 hour of use and some minutes later it turns to blue screen what says Windows is restarting as I remember. I have checked several times but there has been no...
  5. My screen get frozen every time my Laptop runs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My screen get frozen every time my Laptop runs: My laptop got the update KB5030310 two days ago. Since then, it always gets screen freezing after approximately 1 hour of use and some minutes later it turns to blue screen what says Windows is restarting as I remember. I have checked several times but there has been no...
  6. Wifi is disconnected every single time I turn on my laptop.

Wifi is disconnected every single time I turn on my laptop.: I have watched several youtube videos and tried to fix it through different ways but it still says "no internet" under my wifi network. Please help....
  7. Wifi is disconnected every single time I turn on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi is disconnected every single time I turn on my laptop.: I have watched several youtube videos and tried to fix it through different ways but it still says "no internet" under my wifi network. Please help....
  8. my laptop wifi driver is not working , it is getting disabled every time and showing code...

my laptop wifi driver is not working , it is getting disabled every time and showing code...: i had attached the screenshot also . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-wifi-driver-is-not-working-it-is-getting/e70a1a92-2f4c-4506-90da-645efbecee0b
  9. My university wifi works fine for everyone and every device except for my laptop that gets...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My university wifi works fine for everyone and every device except for my laptop that gets...: Hey, I have this weird issue. I have a gaming MSI laptop, which works fine with every wifi network except for the one on my campus. The signal is very weak on my laptop, but that's just for this device and for me: my iPhone and iPad work perfect and every one of my mates...
  10. Wifi showing "Not Connected" on Laptop. Every other device is working fine.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi showing "Not Connected" on Laptop. Every other device is working fine.: This started happening today only. Only thing I've changed since yesterday is disabling lock screen in group policy. Restarting doesn't help. Troubleshooter runs for 5+ minutes, and doesn't show any problems. However, wifi gets connected once troubleshooter finishes. It...