Windows 10: My laptop will not detect my USB port

Discus and support My laptop will not detect my USB port in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have done this before where I plug in my Camera into the USB port and send me pictures into this but I tried to do it yesterday and no matter what I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nathan.Lucas, Mar 24, 2019.

1. My laptop will not detect my USB port

I have done this before where I plug in my Camera into the USB port and send me pictures into this but I tried to do it yesterday and no matter what I did Windows never created a pop-up message saying something of the likes of "What would you like to do with this device" or whatever it typically says. When I plugged it in and turned the camera on nothing happened, no sign that it even recognized it. I read articles that were meant to help, I downloaded the USB troubleshooter and none of them helped.

:)

Nathan.Lucas, Mar 24, 2019
  2. SVLingam Win User

My Seagate external hard drive is not detected when plugged in to USB port of my laptop using windows 10?

Thanks for your response.

I have tried all the steps provided, however in vain. The external hard drive is not identified at all in any of the the USB ports when connected. The USB ports identify other external Flash drives and devices. However this drive is detected in another laptop
    using Windows 7 OS. Please advise further.

Regards

SVLingam, Mar 24, 2019
  3. USB Ports

Hi Homer,

We'd like to ask a few questions to help us isolate this problem.

• Have you tried connecting your device tracker to a different USB port on your computer?
    • If so, was it detected?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

To address this issue, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps shared by Praveen Venogupal on this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 24, 2019
  4. spapakons Win User

My laptop will not detect my USB port

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

My laptop will not detect my USB port [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

My laptop will not detect my USB port

1. My laptop will not detect my USB port - Similar Threads - laptop detect USB

2. All my usb 3.0 ports are detected as 2.0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my usb 3.0 ports are detected as 2.0: The front case ones and the back panel ones, which are labeled super speed.My motherboard is the MSI MAG-B550-TOMAHAWK, with the latest bios update. They seem enabled in the bios. I tried both legacy and non legacy USB optionsDisabled power saving on all my usb devices in...
  3. All my usb 3.0 ports are detected as 2.0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my usb 3.0 ports are detected as 2.0: The front case ones and the back panel ones, which are labeled super speed.My motherboard is the MSI MAG-B550-TOMAHAWK, with the latest bios update. They seem enabled in the bios. I tried both legacy and non legacy USB optionsDisabled power saving on all my usb devices in...
  4. All my usb 3.0 ports are detected as 2.0

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. usb port not detecting mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb port not detecting mouse: windows stopped detecting my mouse . When i connect my mouse then the light glows in the mouse and stops after some time ,first it stopped detecting on one port then after some days other ports also stopped working ,while everything else works fine on the usb port , my mouse...
  6. usb port not detecting mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb port not detecting mouse: windows stopped detecting my mouse . When i connect my mouse then the light glows in the mouse and stops after some time ,first it stopped detecting on one port then after some days other ports also stopped working ,while everything else works fine on the usb port , my mouse...
  7. usb 3 ports not detected

usb 3 ports not detected: we have 2 dell vostro 3750 laptops after update one installed renesas usb3 drivers automatically but the other did not ?usb 3 ports no longer work.strange https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-3-ports-not-detected/1bd5883f-46a3-4d4d-be0b-343b85d272a2
  8. USB port is not working in my laptop

USB port is not working in my laptop: Hi ihave one port is not working,the other two ports working,I uninstall the USB Root hub and restart the PC but did't fixit,then i remove the Check from the box labeled Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power,didn't fix it,itraying to Disable Selective...
  9. 2 USB ports do not detect my USB headset while one USB port does

2 USB ports do not detect my USB headset while one USB port does: Hello, I have brought HP pavilion power 15 laptop. My msi DS502 headset is not detected by the 2 usb ports while it works perfectly fine in the 3rd one. Moreover, it receives the power from these 2 ports as the LED on the headset turns on when i plug it in these 2 ports. My...
  10. Not detected by USB port - Garmin

Not detected by USB port - Garmin: Hello I have a Garmin Forerunner 210 which has been driving me insane. It used to work fine and sync perfectly in the start, however it doesnt anymore. I am using the Garmin Express program to sync as it is supposted to. However, it cannot detect/add my device. Nor...