Windows 10: my laptop will not project to my tv screen any more and it did before I use a HDMI cord.

Discus and support my laptop will not project to my tv screen any more and it did before I use a HDMI cord. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Can someone tell me what the problem is and how to fix. I think I am making the problem worse, I am not a tec person and have no idea what I'm doing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TammyReynolds1, Oct 23, 2019.

1. my laptop will not project to my tv screen any more and it did before I use a HDMI cord.

Can someone tell me what the problem is and how to fix. I think I am making the problem worse, I am not a tec person and have no idea what I'm doing.

:)

TammyReynolds1, Oct 23, 2019

2. PC to TV via HDMI Cord

I'm trying to stream video on my TV from my computer using an HDMI cord. Both have an HDMI port. The TV is the HDMI2 port. I've done everything suggested on the web to get his to work. I do have 2 display ports/cards because I use 3 monitors. I thought that might be an issue so I disabled one of them and had only one monitor/card running. Still the computer will not acknowledge the TV being connected. So, I tried a VGA cord from the computer to the TV. Still the computer does not recognize the TV. I've changed resolution, tried powering up in different order, trying all the options with SHIFT+P. Still no luck. I'm going to go and get a new HDMI cable today, maybe the one I have is bad. Any ideas? I've tried most of them that are on the web.

Thanks!

M!

mitchbrooks1, Oct 23, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to project PC screen to TV

Hi Pat,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to help you further:

• How are you trying to project the Laptop screen?
    • Are you receiving any error message?
    • Were you able to project the laptop screen to TV earlier?
    • What is the make and model of your laptop?

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article
    Fix connections to wireless displays or docks
    and check if that helps.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 23, 2019
  4. my laptop will not project to my tv screen any more and it did before I use a HDMI cord.

project pc to tv

How can I project my pc to my tv via HDMI cord

EileenGildea, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

my laptop will not project to my tv screen any more and it did before I use a HDMI cord.

1. my laptop will not project to my tv screen any more and it did before I use a HDMI cord. - Similar Threads - laptop project screen

2. Laptop not receiving hdmi cord

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop not receiving hdmi cord: So my windows 10 laptop screen is broken and I use a hdmi cord to connect it to a monitor. It was working perfectly fine but then the hdmi cord got broken, so i got a new one. When I plug it in the monitor lights up saying its working but my laptops hdmi light doesnt turn on...
  3. Laptop not receiving hdmi cord

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not receiving hdmi cord: So my windows 10 laptop screen is broken and I use a hdmi cord to connect it to a monitor. It was working perfectly fine but then the hdmi cord got broken, so i got a new one. When I plug it in the monitor lights up saying its working but my laptops hdmi light doesnt turn on...
  4. Laptop not receiving hdmi cord

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Vertical Pink Line On TV Screen When Projecting From Laptop With HDMI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vertical Pink Line On TV Screen When Projecting From Laptop With HDMI: Hi. Wondering if somebody could help. Just bought a Lenovo laptop from eBay haha, yeah… and the laptop display seems fine. But when I project to my TV, there is a thin pink vertical line about a fifth of the way in from the right. It doesn’t appear in the laptop screen just...
  6. Vertical Pink Line On TV Screen When Projecting From Laptop With HDMI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vertical Pink Line On TV Screen When Projecting From Laptop With HDMI: Hi. Wondering if somebody could help. Just bought a Lenovo laptop from eBay haha, yeah… and the laptop display seems fine. But when I project to my TV, there is a thin pink vertical line about a fifth of the way in from the right. It doesn’t appear in the laptop screen just...
  7. projecting my laptop to Samsung smart tv

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    projecting my laptop to Samsung smart tv: Hello, I have an Asus laptop x556uv running windows 10 and a Samsung smart TV of UHD 7 series model UE50RU7100UXMI. I'm trying to project my laptop screen to the TV wireless which is discovered by the computer but the connection fails Further investigation under...
  8. Connecting my laptop to my tv using HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting my laptop to my tv using HDMI cable: have connected my tv to my laptop using a hdmi cable. the picture goes to my tv fine but not the sounds. I was messing around with the sound settings as Icould not get sound just out of my laptop but could get sound through my tv. Now I can only get sound through the laptop...
  9. Showing pictures on TV with HDMI cord

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Showing pictures on TV with HDMI cord: I had windows 7 professional, when I wanted to show video or pictures on my TV, I just plugged in an HDMI cord. Today I tried to show pictures on my tv, I could see the picture that is on my desk top, at times the cursor showed, although it was on the wrong side of the...
  10. PC to TV via HDMI Cord

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PC to TV via HDMI Cord: I'm trying to stream video on my TV from my computer using an HDMI cord. Both have an HDMI port. The TV is the HDMI2 port. I've done everything suggested on the web to get his to work. I do have 2 display ports/cards because I use 3 monitors. I thought that might be an issue...