Windows 10: My laptop will say "locking..." then shut down, randomly, and I need help?

Discus and support My laptop will say "locking..." then shut down, randomly, and I need help? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] So, I don't know much information about my laptop other than it's a HP windows 10, but everyone once in a while my computer will say... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hydrated-Egg-Roll, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Laptop Randomly Shuts Down

My laptop randomly says locking and shuts down. My display and sleep settings are set to never but it still occurs. What to do?

AashrithDalavai, Oct 10, 2020
  2. Laptop shutting down randomly

For the past month or so, my laptop seems to randomly lock itself and shut down when it's unplugged, even though it might be fully charged when it does it. From experience, it tends to do so when I am playing something audio or video related. No issues
    occur when the laptop is plugged in.

I asked one of the Microsoft advisors for help. They suggested uninstalling the battery drivers and restarting the laptop. This has had no effect on the problem at hand.

Any assistance would be deeply appreciated.

MarqueeMoon67, Oct 10, 2020
  3. rhodes132 Win User

My laptop will say "locking..." then shut down, randomly, and I need help?

laptop randomly shutting down

I have a gateway laptop w/ amd turion 64x2 processors,windows vista. I use to be able to play games all day, do 10 things at once and my laptop was fine. All of a sudden i have ran into the problem of my laptop randomly shutting down. At first it was just shutting down when i was playing video games (games that doesn't even have the greatest of graphics and that i played ever since i had laptop which has been for about 2 years); ide say i would be able to play about 5-20 min and randomly would shut down. Then i stopped playing video games on this and now just download music and playing music and if i am downloading music and playing music and converting music it will shut down on me. Seems to keep getting worse and worse, like today i was just browsing the internet it it shutdown on me. I did get a blue screen the other day as well, first time it has happened to me on this laptop. If anyone could tell me what this could be i would greatly appreciate it.

Another note: If i unplug my laptop from the recharger i can usually play until the battery is dead, but it will make my computer real laggy and choppy so its not even worth to do when playing games.

rhodes132, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

My laptop will say "locking..." then shut down, randomly, and I need help?

1. My laptop will say "locking..." then shut down, randomly, and I need help? - Similar Threads - laptop locking shut

2. Laptop Randomly Shuts Down

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop Randomly Shuts Down: Hello, Recently I connected my ASUS FX505DT Gaming Laptop to an external monitor. So far everything was working just fine with it, until I ordered an external keyboard to connect to the laptop, every time I would be playing some of sort of game. My screen would randomly say...
  3. Laptop randomly shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop randomly shutting down: this might be more of a hardware issue, but I'm not sureHello,Recently my laptop has been shutting down randomly whenever I plug in my charger to the device. Usually when you "shut down" a computer, it stays "on" for a few seconds, with the fans and everything still running...
  4. Help! My Laptop shuts down randomly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help! My Laptop shuts down randomly.: Hi comunity!I have an Old Samsung NP300e which i've upgraded its CPU from a Pentium B940 to an i7 2860QM Chipset is HM65, and its fully compatible. But some time ago, about 3-4 months after the CPU change it started presenting this issue. Every morning, when i turn on the...
  5. Laptop randomly shuts down to a blue screen saying "Locking"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop randomly shuts down to a blue screen saying "Locking": I tried all the advanced battery fixes like battery action "do nothing" and Link State Power Management turned "plugged in" and "on battery" to off but it's still doing it. Any help would be appreciated....
  6. My Screen Says Locking and Shuts down..

My Screen Says Locking and Shuts down..: There is a big issue..Whenever i am watching any video or doing a class..My laptop automaticaly shuts down with a screen which states locking...Its a huge issue...And sometimes there comes a warning of overheating..but thats fixed now...still it comes...I had repaired it like...
  7. Laptop Randomly Shuts Down

Laptop Randomly Shuts Down: My laptop randomly says locking and shuts down. My display and sleep settings are set to never but it still occurs. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-randomly-shuts-down/3ecd4213-38c3-4036-93f1-54de79543716
  8. Laptop shutting down randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shutting down randomly: For the past month or so, my laptop seems to randomly lock itself and shut down when it's unplugged, even though it might be fully charged when it does it. From experience, it tends to do so when I am playing something audio or video related. No issues occur when the laptop...
  9. Random 'Locking' Message then Shut Down

Random 'Locking' Message then Shut Down: Hello! My laptop has been randomly giving me the 'Locking' Message, then immediately shutting down. It then starts up just fine. Then low and behold, 10/15 min later it happens again. I've tried some troubleshooting ideas, but no luck yet. Any suggestions? Thank you!...
  10. Laptop randomly shuts down

Laptop randomly shuts down: Hello, mywhen i have the power adapter plugged in. When i plug it out it works wihtout any problems. I got a Screenshot of the Windows Event Viewer does that tell anything about that? I got a Toshiba Satellite L750-16V with Windows10x64. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...