Windows 10: My laptop window 10 open on preparing automatic repair

Discus and support My laptop window 10 open on preparing automatic repair in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop window 10 open on preparing automatic repair, then show did not start correctly. When I startup repair, I receive massage startup repair... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Emad., Oct 18, 2020.

1. Emad. Win User

My laptop window 10 open on preparing automatic repair

My laptop window 10 open on preparing automatic repair, then show did not start correctly. When I startup repair, I receive massage startup repair could not Repaire your PC
    i tried all advance options with no sucess

:)

Emad., Oct 18, 2020

2. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Oct 18, 2020
  3. msfitnsoo Win User
    "Preparing Automatic Repair"

I updated my Toshiba Satellite laptop including the Microsoft Edge Update for Windows 10. I have the "Preparing Automatic Repair" problem.

The "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen is flashing.

I do not want to lose any of the data that I have on the laptop by restoring and reinstalling Windows 10. The laptop initially came with a Windows 7 operating system. Then, it was upgraded to Windows 8 and then Windows 10.

Can you recommend the steps to take for this specific laptop?

msfitnsoo, Oct 18, 2020
  4. philc43 Win User

HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED and Preparing Automatic Repair loop

Hello Les,

Have you checked other threads on these forums to see if there are any suggestions you can try.

Here's one to try: Windows 10 preparing automatic repair loop

philc43, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

1. My laptop window 10 open on preparing automatic repair - Similar Threads - laptop window open

2. Laptop stuck on preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop stuck on preparing automatic repair: I updated from windows 11 to windows 12 and restarted it booted correctly but the second time i did i got in a "preparing automatic repair" loop that follows a bsod with a stop code "driver_pnp_watchdog" i can get to bios settings but not troubleshooting and advanced options...
  3. Laptop stuck on preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop stuck on preparing automatic repair: I updated from windows 11 to windows 12 and restarted it booted correctly but the second time i did i got in a "preparing automatic repair" loop that follows a bsod with a stop code "driver_pnp_watchdog" i can get to bios settings but not troubleshooting and advanced options...
  4. My lenvono laptop is on preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My lenvono laptop is on preparing automatic repair: My Leconfield laptop os on preparing automatic repair, how do I get it to start working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-lenvono-laptop-is-on-preparing-automatic-repair/71d0065c-2503-4512-875c-ab6ab2efb630
  5. My lenvono laptop is on preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My lenvono laptop is on preparing automatic repair: My Leconfield laptop os on preparing automatic repair, how do I get it to start working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-lenvono-laptop-is-on-preparing-automatic-repair/71d0065c-2503-4512-875c-ab6ab2efb630
  6. Laptop stuck in "Preparing Automatic Repair"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop stuck in "Preparing Automatic Repair": Hi fellas, yesterday my laptop went off abruptly. Since then I have not been able to get it working up again. What happens is that whenever I turn it on, it shows the Asus logo and the circles circling around as usual, after that it goes black for a second and I get the same...
  7. Laptop stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair: Hello everyone. My computer gave me an error stating "The system detected an overrun of a stack based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of the application." after installing the most recent windows update. It is...
  8. My laptop is showing Preparing Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop is showing Preparing Automatic Repair: For the Past two weeks this is showing and I can't get my computer to work and I'm limited in my abilities to follow the many ways to correct this and they are not working for me. Will the next Patch correct my problems. I joined 365 to not have any problems but now look?...
  9. Windows 10 preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 preparing automatic repair: I was playing yesterday when my PC crashed and I was forced to reboot with an hard shut down. Since then the PC keep on rebooting, I tried to enter the safe mode by pressing ctrl+F8 but is not working while F11 just bring me to the MSI men, another things I tried was to hard...
  10. Laptop stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair: sometime yesterday I tried to boot my windows 10 laptop and it got stuck on the login screen, before I pressed anything to go to the password screen. I tried moving the mouse around to no result. I figured it was frozen so i held down the power button until the laptop turned...